OMG Aaron Maybin has been working out with Laron Landry & Micheal Phelps

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

He looks great; though he'd better watch that arm around Vlad Ducasse, that thing is so big, old Vlad might mistake it for a ham and take a bite.

2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I can already hear the creaking as Maybin and Landry swivel to deal with a tight end that has burst through coverage.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I've been one of Maybin's biggest supporters on this site since I joined. Maybe you should relax your stereotyping a little bit? When I see guys that look unnaturally big for their frame I tend to believe they're juicing - especially when they add that bulk so quickly. Landry and now Maybin have that appearance to me.

That doesn't mean I don't like the player or don't think they'll have a good season for us.

4. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Ironically enough the girl getting his autograph in the picture is wearing #56.

I really hope Mayhem and/or Sapp work out. Next year we will need to cut ties with at least 3 LBs (Pace, Scott, & BT) and hopefully their replacements are already on the roster (Mayhem, Davis, & Sapp).

PS. Landry is ridiculously huge and much like the issues David Boston encountered, his ligaments and such probably can't support all the bulk. Lets hope Mayhem doesn't fall into the same trap.

5. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

Did he not lead the team in sacks last year? I think that shows he atleast has a clue, not saying he's gonna have 15 sacks or even lead the team in sacks again

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he had 11 tackles and 6 sacks. dont let the inadequacy of the rest of the pass rush to make him look better. leading the team doesnt mean anything.

he has a grand total of 40 games played, 35 tackles and 6 sacks.

i mean seriously. how about we let the guy show us SOMETHING before we all cream our pants because he has been working out.

i agree with you completely morey, there are going to be some holes to fill and i really hope they get filled.

i agree about the monstrosity and ligaments issue too.

7. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

he'll back down to 228 once training camp ends.........dealt with the same thing in Buffalo. Maybins work effort and dedication was never in question.........it's his skill that was.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I have that same fear/feeling.

Seems like if Maybin CAN play at 250lb+ to become a 3 down player, he would have done it 3 years ago.

Maybe he has a different mind set now that he's tasted true success?

9. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

:buffaloblows:

#maybinsalreadybetteronthejetsthanheeverwasonthebills

10. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

dude, he was on the bills. that team is soft as shit on defense. something tells me it was the coaching and probably an incompetent strength and conditioning staff.

11. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

LMAO at already discussing signing the guy to a top free agent deal. What are you people smoking? Because he's been working out (which is what all guys do in the offseason, and what Maybin has done for the last 5 years) he is all of a sudden going to be great. I can never get enough of you Jet fans hahahahahaha.

12. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

QFT hahaha

13. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

And yet he couldn't find his way onto the field in Buffalo.....

14. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

You, your team and your city are all a huge joke. Go away.

15. Bills over Jets

Yeah, and the Jets are worldbeaters. Get over yourself. You dont think its ridiculous to start discussing having to sign the guy to a huge contract because you're ASSUMING he's going to have some monster year, when the only reason for the assumption is because he has been working out?

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

How come every time there's a Maybin thread, Bills fans appear out of nowhere to start bashing him?

17. Bills over Jets

How come every time there's a Maybin thread, Jets fans think he's going to be the next James Harrison?

Nobody is bashing Maybin. We're tempering Jets fans outlandish remarks and bringing them back to reality. Its getting ridiculous. If Maybin takes a shit these days, Jets fans go nuts. Just take it easy.

18. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

considering he came to the jets with no offseason or training camp and not only made the field but led the team in sacks, im going to have to once again err to the side of, the bills staff is just incompetent to the point that they couldnt get production out of a guy with the raw talent and skillset of aaron maybin. good luck to them not completely destroying mario williams career.

19. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

jesus. I like the work he's put in.

20. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

Im not expecting him to have 15 sacks. But I am expecting him to improve from what we saw last year, with a full off season , not to mention he wasnt even on the roster the first few games last year

#60 ILL-AL, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012