Yep we have good players

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Jun 28, 2012.

1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I respect you champ as you are my elder, but you are the ultimate darksider.

Who gives a flying fuck about this list?

There is a cloud that follows you wherever you go, I am convinced.

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

yeah david harris led all ILBs with interceptions and sacks. he carries himself well and is definitely a top tier LB in the nfl.

nick mangold was number 47 last year, it amazes how he isn't on AT ALL and maurkice pouncey is in the 40s.

also, what 4 jets players were on it last year? was it holmes, revis, mangold, and dbrick?

3. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

The flip side of that would be that at least we're in the weakest division, it's basically the Pats with like 5 guys and the rest with one. We did acquire Tebow so that would make it two from the list going into this season, I don't think the other two teams brought in anyone from the list unless Mario Williams made it but I doubt it.

So if the OP believes this list is the be all and end all that would indicate that we are the second best team in the division. Of course he wouldn't say that because it doesn't fit his M.O.

4. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Fuck this list son!

5. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

Can't post links but Pro Football Focus top 100 of 2011 had Revis (5), Pouha (36), and Mangold (46) on the list. At least that's based on a grading system and not opinion.

6. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Hmm so Sione Pouha, the best statistical NT in the game, not on the list.

Patrick Peterson, the worst statistical cover corner in the game, on the list.

Makes a lot of sense.

7. Harrier Manc-Jet

The whole list is BS just the same as Rob Ryans D will be better then Rex's. I just dont bother reading this shit anymore, sick of reading writers opinions with no explanation for why they think what they do.

No Mangold,Harris,Cro etc but Peyton Manning is top 50 without throwing a ball, Eli should of been ranked higher IMO.

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Most shows on NFL radio have discussed this list with players and they said most don't care and fill out the form without any thought. They just don't want to be bothered with this crap.

They should wise up and send out the questionnaire to beat writers, analysts, or anyone else that would put thought into the answers.

9. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

BS List - who cares.

But leaving off Mangold and Cro goes to show you how stupid it is. Cro put up top 10 CB numbers the last 2 years. No one can say otherwise form a statistical point of view. Yes he gave up a few big plays but he's head and shoulders above an average CB on a good number of teams. He'd easily be a #1 CB on 10 or more teams.

And Harris is just the most underrated LB in the NFL history. He had a down year and still was top in several statistical categories in the league. That's not saying he's better than Willis or even a top 5 LB, but he should be on the list.

The team fell apart but individual accolades should be shunned from a failing team. If they were considering injury, then Manning shouldn't be on there at all.

10. Apple Jack

Apple Jack Banned

GJ Kinne Cut?

Sorry to hijack. I can't start threads yet.

Did GJ Kinne get cut? I haven't seen anything by Jets or beat writers yet, but Kinne's twitter feed sure sounds like it.

Sorry for the kid if he did, I thought he'd beat out Simms for sure. How many QB's will the Jets carry into TC? Three or four?

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

What? Peyton Manning was a top 100 player in 2011???? That's nonsense he didn't play a single snap!! Mangold missed 3 games. Much less than Peterson and Manning. What a joke that list is. Tebow shouldn't be there, unless every QB in the league is on that list, including Sanchez.

#31 Barcs, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Certainly seems so from his twitter.

"I definitely didn't get a fair shot, but I know God has a plan! Thanks for all the support"

"I learned a lot and am thankful for everything. Excited about what the future holds"

https://twitter.com/GJKinne

13. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

The media always underrates the Jets. That has been going on for years! Nothing new! Mangold, Harris, Cro all belong in the top 100. Brandon Moore is somewhat worthy too. Joe McKnight had agreat year on specials. why not him being included in the top 100? Oh! Yes, he is a Jet!

Put any of those players on the Giants and they are all on the list!

14. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

The media has nothing to do with that list, it was voted on by the players.

And you got to be kidding me, Harris, Cromartie, Moore and McNight are top 100 players????

15. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Harris was. Cromartie was close, but he made too many muffs on kick returns to be in it IMO, despite his above average coverage skills.

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Im not gonna argue about Moore or McKnight. I don't think they are top 100 in the league. But Harris and Cro certainly deserve some credit. Harris was an All-Pro in 2009 and had 4 ints as an ILB last year. His tackles dropped mainly cuz Rex tried to drop him back in to coverage a little bit more than usual, while Cromartie is a top 10 CB in the league.

18. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

It happens. Kyle Williams was PFF's top graded defensive tackle for the 2010 season and third highest graded player in the entire league and didn't make the list last season. Jairus Byrd should have made this list. I'm actually surprised they recognized F-Jax despite the injury.

19. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

No. But if there was a secondary category involving the potency of one's sperm, then yes, Cro is top 2...

20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I agree but the list goes on not just what u did last season but seasons before that. Peyton Manning being on that list proves that.