Tebow will make the Jets 12-4 or better THIS season

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by jb1095, Jun 18, 2012.

1. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

I agree. I can't dispute the fact that the league is moving away from running offenses.. I just think Tebow has a shot at pulling it off. I would never go as
    far as to guarantee a SB victory.

Like I said, Tebow has work to do with his passing game. I feel if he can clean it up a little more (he has gotten a little better in his time in the NFL) he can be a legit starter. Maybe his numbers won't be great, but I just want to see him get a real chance.

2. sg3

sg3 Banned

fullback/punt protector this season

maybe next year when desperate Mr Khan in Jacksonville gives the Jets a second round pick for him, a starting passing quarterback leading the Jaguars and you and the rest of the Te-boneheads to a solid 3-13 season

3. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

Yep. Can't wait.

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

By " Tebow fans" you mean the original poster , the only person on the thread that said that because all other Tebow fans said he was crazy .

So you take an extreme opinion of one individual and you assign it to Tebow' s entire fan base .

Nice!

5. boarder40

boarder40 New Member

give him a chance

New poster here. I live in Colorado and started watching Tebow and the Donkeys out of curiosity. Never followed him in college and really had no reason to become a fan of the guy. I found his style, as ugly as it can sometimes be, a real breath of fresh air. I'm 45 and have watched a lot of pro ball in my lifetime, but felt the NFL was getting somewhat stale. Yes, I only wanted the Broncos to win because of Tebow. Trust me, they are not the great team they are made out to be. The Vikings torched their "vaunted" defense. Tebow did not put up many points, but during the winning streak they played some piss poor offenses. Manning will not be able to save their sorry butts. I look forward to seeing them crash and burn.

I'm not convinced Tebow can become a legit NFL QB, but I also don't think he is a bum. He's only had a little over 1 season. He needs to improve his passing substantially, but I think that is possible. His stats were not great during the wins, but a win is a win. He gets an F for the 4th quarter of the Bills game and for the entire Chiefs game. Against New England in the regular season, besides the fumble (he must learn to protect against that) he played pretty well. B- in my book. In the NE playoff game, the team quit at the kickoff. Tebow certainly didn't play well, but I would give the team an F and him a C-.

All I know is that the playoff game against the Steelers was one of the most entertaining games I have watched in a very long time. The jerks like Pete Prisco at CBS sports don't like that he plays the position differently and just have an axe to grind. Pretty pathetic in my opinion.

6. sg3

sg3 Banned

well it certainly will be better for the team I root for, the Jets what with getting a second round pick that can probably play a position for the fourth round pick we used to get a quarterback with unfixible throwing mechanics

Not so sure it will help your Jaguars other than reopening the tarped upper deck so that Te-boneheads can gather there for prayer meetings during games. As for their record, won't have much of an impact since they are a 4-12 team with Gabbert/Henne and won't be any better or probably when they allow Pastor Timmy to "hurl" the ball with that shot putters motion of his wobbling to parts unknown on the field

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Your backing yourself so squarely into a corner that now when the season starts you will actively root against Tebow even though he is in a Jet uniform. Congratulations ! You are now a member of the anti Tebow cult! Twice as focused and twice as energized as any " TE- bone head" the anti Tebow cult is a religion on to itself actually. That is ironic really because it's something you so obviously dislike .

#47 CowboysFan, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  8. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Tebow is going to be the best thing that has ever happened to this cursed franchise. These poor fans wouldn't know a winner if it dropped on their heads.

9. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

@sg3 Welcome to sarcasm. I don't really like jax (grew up a bucs fan honestly)

And for your dislike of tebows talents you seem to think that the Jets will get a bigger
    return than they put in. Pretty good for a bad QB huh? Why is it you think everyone that's a tebow fan must be some evangelical just to root for the guy? Is it possible that maybe I just like
    the way he plays football? That's some pretty blind hate. Good job!

@ Itstime Really dude? That's pretty stupid to say.

10. reverseapachemaster

Well if Tebow dropped it on our heads there's a good chance it missed and landed on the ground. Can't blame us for that. The only question is whether it landed on the ground because he fumbled or attempted a pass.

11. Banjo

Banjo Banned

I'd bet money that the Jets will have a winning record when Tebow starts and a losing record when Sanchez starts. That would blow your mind

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Th argument I keep hearing for Tebow to start is that he is a winner he went 8-5 and won a playoff game. Sanchez has gone 9-7 (as a rookie) 11-5 and 8-8 and has won four playoff games. The 8-5 argument just does not hold water.

Tebow has huge mechanical flaws as an NFL Qb. There have been better Qb's than Tebow coming out of college that have never gotten a chance to start in the NFL.

Then the Can Newton comparison (did anybody watch Jaws break down Newton he is already reading defenses like a vet and can make every throw from the pocket. Tebow (like a lot of young QBs) at this point in his career bails out before the play develops in other words he does not have good pocket presence. Can he develop it sure but that takes time we will see if he is willing to wait and put in the work. The other huge obstacle he has is his mechanics. His mechanics cause inaccurate throws and a long release.

The NFL is a what can you do for me now league and Tebow will be given another chance (Albeit not in NY) to be a starter in the NFL. He will need to make big strides to keep the job.

There is no old running QBs in the NFL you learn to throw from the pocket or you do not stay a Qb.

With that being said I am thrilled Tebow is on the Jets. He is a great player he is a winner and brings a skill set that will help this team win. i just dont think that is at starting Qb.

13. sg3

sg3 Banned

I'd bet money that Te-bonehead poster Banjo would welsh on that money bet if he lost

14. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

The key information you either don't know or are purposely omitting is that Tebow went 8-5 with a 4-12 team. The Broncos were 4-12 the year before and already in a 1-4 hole with Orton starting in 2011. If you can't see how drastic of a turnaround that is you have to be football blind.
    Sanchez had the benefit of one of the best defenses in the league when he went on a nice run. He deserves to have the job at the start of the season, and if he plays well he will keep his job. Although deep down inside we all know that is probably not going to happen.

15. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

What ever works best for the offense. Sanchez or Tebow, Tebow or Sanchez. It's obviously Sanchez's job to lose. He's had more than enough opportunities to secure the position. He has to stop being a "nice guy" and go after his dream. I like that Tebow will forever be competing for the spot.

At the moment I see Tebow as more of a running back, lined up in qb position to fool the defense. I see both of our qbs as mobile threats in a play action run option attack. Last year, I felt bad for Sanchez getting tee'd off and his clock cleaned bc of shotty Oline play and lazy receivers/loser receivers. I like to see Sanchez and Tebow roll out of the pocket more and beat the d with there feet. I beleive our qbs are very mobile and nobody hates it more than to watch a qb continually beat you on the ground.

When we run the football well, we pass the football well.

16. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It sounds crazy and far-fetched, but Tebow will help infuse this team with energy and crackle. Everything will seem to have higher stakes with Tebow -- preseason, or when he comes in for a play, or when Sanchez is throwing it, or when Greene is running it.

It's like he's this larger than life figure that brings a spotlight with him, causes you to bring your "A" game. Not necessarily because you like him or anything, but it feels like the world is watching and there's something really at stake for some reason.

Sounds funny, I know. But I think it's what the Jets FO had in mind in bringing him in.

17. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

So essentially what you're saying is: If the Jets are successful, even with Tebow just holding a clipboard, then Tebow caused that success by his mere presence.

This exactly why so many people can't stand Tebow and his cult followers.

18. Bannon

Bannon New Member

No, you just inferred that. Calm down.

And "holding a clipboard" won't help much of anything. Being able to play, to come in like Brad Smith, allows him to contribute to wins and team energy.

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Tebow beat our vaunted defense by himself. That alone makes me glad he is on our team.

20. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Funny thing is that if you go back and listen to some different "experts", such as former coaches, former players, current coaches and current players, quite a number of them either straight up said, or alluded to TEBOW being the one who turned things around in Denver.

Here's a couple of current head coaches just as an example:

Norv Turner talking about it:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-diego...cc3/What-Tim-Tebow-brings-to-Jets-Norv-Turner

Marvin Lewis:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnat...34/What-Tim-Tebow-brings-to-Jets-Marvin-Lewis

Mike Shanahan:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/washingto...4/What-Tim-Tebow-brings-to-Jets-Mike-Shanahan

Gary Kubiak:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/09000d5d829d66a0/What-Tim-Tebow-brings-to-Jets-Gary-Kubiak