Oh Joy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFanDoc, Jun 25, 2012.

1. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Bookmark this thread. Shaq's guarantee shall will us to super bowl victory.

2. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

Tim Tebow will go down as one of the greatest and most important Jets of all-time when it's all said and done.

Haters can suck it.

3. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

That's what we thought about the John Abraham commercial kid too. :sad:

4. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Tebow !!! Should be fun to watch him play this season !!

5. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Shaq thinks Tebow might have him outgunned.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Someone tell him how his ass tastes.

7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I've been away for a while so my sarcasm detector is off, this is a joke right?

9. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

This might be the stupidest thing I've read all month.

10. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

Seriously I don't know how anyone can hate on Shaq. He's arguably the most dominant to ever play his position and is funny as hell to boot. I really wish they made a reality tv series following him everywhere he goes - I would DVR every episode.

11. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr New Member

Couldn't agree more. Saw them at minicamp about 2 weeks ago. Not sure. I'm horrible with time. Only starting QB I can think of with same size/weight is Cam Newron. 6'5" 248. Tim Tebow 6'3" 245. Cam is an extraordinary athlete tho. I really don't see any similarities between the 2 other then their size. Mechanics are way different. Cam can throw. He showed promise last year. Tebow, not so much. Though he was decent in camp when I saw him. I'm actually all for this move. I think he'll help up win games. Actually, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I know that he'll help the Jets. can't deny his drive and natural athleticism. Of course all this as a HB. Not as a back up QB.

250 at 6'3 is just not a very desired size for a QB. Looked up a few starting QB at the top.

Big Ben-6'5"-240
    Payton M.-6'5"-230
    Brady-6'4"-225
    Eli M.-6'4-218
    Aaron Rodgers-6'2"-225
    Drew B.-6'-207

I do believe that a QB's build, body structure, has a lot to do with their movement, mechanics, and just over all succes and performance. Being too muscular restricts movement. With restricted movement come limited possibilities. This is in all athletes, human brings and living creatures.

I say this from personal experience. When I wrestled at 152, I'm 6'2". My mobility, And achieving the full range of motion was much greater. Now, 8 years later, at 27 YO, I'm 248. Size 34 jeans. Still 6'2". Lol. Didn't grow. Darn it. my mobility is not as good as it was at 152, also my ability to get full range of motion was greatly affected. For example. At 152 I was able to fully bend my knees, now at 248, I can no longer do so. My range of motion was reduced by approximately about 15 %. This is simply due to the fact that when a muscle is over developed, it interferes with the adjacent joint, therefore limiting range of motion.

This is the reason why I believe that Tebow was not picked up to be the back up QB. Ever since I read that the Jets asked him to bulk up to 250, the rumors of him being the actual back up were no longer a concern for me. This and the fact that the 3rd string QB rule was eliminated under the new CBA agreement. I feel very confident as to what Tebowd role will be on the Jets. Sorry bout the long write up.

12. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr New Member

Seriously. If being a living example of everything that is wrong with everything gets me 4 championships, 2 gold medals, 15 all star selections out of 19 years in the league, 292 million in earnings from the NBA alone and if my net worth was still above 250 million after retirement, then shit, I will be the most proud example of "everything that's wrong with everything" SMH. Some people just don't think before they make dumb ass comments. I understand talking nonsense, but this gives you a chance to think about what your saying as your typing it, so what does that say about you for making a statement such as the one you made? The second prime living example of everything that's wrong with everything? Or does it make you a prime living example of people with no common sense that just talk shit? I vote number 2.