17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I feel the same way its a monetary thing more than anything. I support my team the NYJETS to the end, I bleed green. I just cant see putting all that money in Woodys pocket for season tickets anymore. I had my 20+ year run, I doubt the haters will do the same.

The UD is a terrible view. Once you sit anywhere else for a game or two you will realize it. Theres a reason they sold tickets for $50.

If the NYJETS made it to the Super Bowl I would try and acquire tickets for a reasonable price if and when it became ridiculous I stay home and enjoy it.

2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

For a Jets SB there'd be no such thing as a "reasonable price" face value isn't reasonable any more.

Regarding the rest of the time, I still like being there even though I complain about the new stadium long and loud. Yes, the upper deck is high up and the view isn't great - but to me it is more about the design issues, flow in and out, aesthetics and lack of nice touches that we all deserved - in all levels.

I didn't pay it, but i'd argue that the PSL payers didn't get the stadium experience THEY deserved. Guys who paid for a Mezz PSL still have to put up with some of the escalator crap those of us above them do - it's just not quite as bad.

The interior of the place, color scheme, exposed gray girders, no retractable roof, no elevators for those who could really use one....

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

4th set of seats in 3 years. can't wait to see my view from my new seats
    and i wasn't that upset with end zone corner row 8 last year.
    now I'm 1 row closer and on the 30 yard line and around some awesome posters

can't wait

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I lived in Florida in 99 50 miles from the stadium & also had WON the lottery for SB tix :sad:

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I was all set to go to Miami in Jan of '99, I made a decision I was going to go to either the title game or the SB but I held out for the SB. Everything was all set until that McCaffery deep pass changed the game.

On a related not I now have been to a conf title game seeing the Jets lose at Pitt 2 years ago

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I won lottery tickets in 1981, damm it was $100 I think. I don't think I would pay $3000 ( minimum) to see the Jets play in the Super bowl and lose. I would feel like a fool. To many bills at this point to throw away $ on them. If we ever get there, we will lose as only the Jets can. Lets hope they fool us this year... you never know!!!

7. 17a_tailgater

i paid $1800 for a super bowl ticket before our lose to Indy.... that was with the stub hub fees

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The price of the ticket also depends on who we play. If its a team in a small city or someone that's been in the Bowl a few times, it might be a little less. All I know if we ever lineup against the Cowboys, I would be out of the running.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, the thought of paying all the extra cash I could come up with (or borrow) to see them get crushed in a Super Bowl could be the final straw after many many loyal years ; ) Imagine returning home to our Giants fans friends after that? NO WAY. I'd have to stay and live in whatever city the game is in. Hope it's not Indy.

Here's a thought - at least the one time we made it, we won in epic form. What if we lost Super Bowl 3? Would we have made it back again, or would we be in an even sorrier state now?

I just lobbed Champ a big softball....

10. 17a_tailgater

good god i need a super bowl victory so bad.im getting fucking depressed on how close we where those 2 years.
    our 2010 team was bad ass too.after beating the Patriots i thought we couldn't be beat

11. nyjunc

It hurts more after the way last year went. We were so close.

12. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Shoulda coulda woulda.........................DAMMIT

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that one hurt big time. That's the only time I was really pissed at Rex. We acted like we won the Super Bowl beating the Pats which was fine, but come Monday morning Rex should have found every bad play from that game and showed them the tape and read them the riot act just like Tuna used to do. He let them celebrate way to long and did not say anything brash the whole week. He blew it. We did not show up until the 2nd half and when we did we dominated them. Even if we played 45 minutes we would have won. That loss is right up there with the Browns loss. I want a home Championship game as much as a Super Bowl but as long as the Pats have a healthy Brady we will have to go the wild card route. We can beat them in the playoffs but the Pats don't lose to inferior oppenents during the season. And this year, there schedule is so easy

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Great T-Shirt

15. championjets69

Now we are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo far away! :sad:

16. championjets69

Wow I can not believe your give in thinking to the Pats. We should have built a team YEARS ago that could beat the Pats & we failed big time in that endeavor :sad:

17. nyjunc

No we aren't, not a sane person in the world would have said the Giants had a chance last year and they won it. You never know.

18. championjets69

Naturally IMHO U are dream NYJ La-La Land. Will see if U are a FB mavin or just another emotional NYJ fan come Jan 2013 :sad:

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Please stop responding. Beers for everyone week 1 if you just ignore it:sad:

#14939 sec314, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  20. 17a_tailgater

what good beers are near 340/341?