Anyone Else Struggling To Get Back Into Football?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Italian Seafood, Jun 25, 2012.

1. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I did watch as well as parts of Seattle/Portland and the entire Italy/England match...but we can't discuss that here, junc will be upset.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Even when something positive is out there it kind of comes off as bullshit or fluff. Like how well Tebow and Sanchez worked together in minicamp or Rex pumping up a young guy, it's just kind of hollow. Until we get that bad taste out from last year, and the Giants and Pats each get a nice ass-kicking, I'm going to have this bitter taste.

Also, I have been into the Italy games, but that's a short-term distraction. Glad they got themselves another game this week.

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Honestly, right now I'm enjoying the Euros and then once that's over I'll just enjoy the remainder of the summer as much as I can. Once training camp is in full swing that's when I fully start paying attention again. Otherwise, I just check TGG a few times a day in case of anything interesting.

4. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

On the Jets: I have always been one of those fans that hated the Giants more than anybody. The last two Giants/Pats Super Bowls have been so awful as a Jets fan, coupled with the meltdown last season, that I may be pulling away emotionally a bit, just for self-defense. Unfortunately I've already bequeathed this misery on my two kids. I should be brought up on charges by social services.

After 09 and 10 I thought things were looking so good. I like Rex, finally an organization with both personality and winning ways, I hoped. *sigh*

Intellectually, I should become a Giants fan. That organization is more progressive (politically, philosophically), more stable, and of course more successful. But my heart is Green, and so far I can't change that fact.

5. The media has really taken alot of fun out of being a Jets fan. They are ready to pounce,create controversy & wide spread panic along every turn. There are plenty of gullable fans around to buy into the crap & create an unnecessary soap opera.

The only good thing to take from it is that the Jets have traditionally been at their best when the media is united against them. Well, if that holds true...the next couple seasons could be special...I've never seen the media this zero'd in on a team. Nothing would be sweeter than shutting up Cimini,Francesa,Myers, Giant fans,Patriot fans & every one else that has bullied this franchise since it came into existence.

6. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

same with me..I hate the friggin Giants, I'm certainly not one of those, "oh I don't mind if the Giants do ok" types, so yeah last year was miserable (the Pats just add to the misery)

I am doing my damdest to make sure my kids do NOT feel obligated to be Jet fans...I gave my soon to be 6 year old a set of plastic mini helmets when he was like 3.........his fave was the Giants because it was blue......I have not steered him away from that line of thinking despite my personal stance......He senses he should root for the Jets, but also can see the misery on my face most Sunday's.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

to be fair the Jets have brought most of it on themselves.

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

For me its the exact opposite. I can't WAIT for next season. I've been reading and analyzing everything I can find. Obviously the media is garbage, but this team is looking to be really exciting.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

IMHO U have not missed :smile:

10. reverseapachemaster

I'm excited for the upcoming season but after last season it took a while to want to think about football. We have an easier schedule this season and hopefully everybody is getting their heads out of their asses and we'll have another playoff season. I don't get very excited for TC but I'll be into it come pre-season.

Football is really the only sport I watch and really don't watch much. I played soccer as I kid but I dunno, pro soccer, even premier league, is too much fall down and whine for me. When I was a kid I got punched in the gut during a game. I didn't fall down and beg for a penalty kick. I just kept running.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'm the complete opposite. I'm excited to see the retooled D and someone other than Schott call the plays for the first time in six years. Gonna be a good year, I expect to be in the playoff hunt.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I am not into it yet. Saints bounty scandal and the stupidity of Da U's Jonathan Vilma, the Giants vs Pates Super Bowl and the Jets pathetic meltdown has me less interested in football this off season than any other offseason of the past quarter century.

13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i already bought a fantasy football magazine

14. Italian Seafood

The year after we fell off the cliff from 6-5 to 6-10, then fired Pete Carroll for Rich Kotite, was hard to get back into. There was less to do during the off-season, no Internet really, no NFL Network, etc, but that year was worse because we had no hope of even being mediocre. This year I still have confidence in who we have in charge, just don't care to see or hear anything currently available in the world of football.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That offseason was no problem for me. I was playing madden regularly then (I don't play it at all anymore) and collecting football cards and reading multiple preview magazines. I did go to NFL Films this spring, but other than that football has sort of been dead to me this offseason

16. Italian Seafood

That year the Devils won their first Stanley Cup and because of the lockout they played until June 24, the Knicks took me to the end of May before they lost to Indiana and Pat Riley bolted. I knew the Jets would suck but by the time the season started I was into it, even bought a little helmet thing for my car and put a few bucks on them in Vegas at 50-1.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

A little bit but once camp starts I'll be right back into it

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Im glad the Devils lost so we don't have to hear about fn hockey anymore.

Im glad Lebron won so we don't have to hear about fn basketball anymore.

Im glad the Yankees won the subway series so we don't have to hear about baseball for a while.

And soon, we won't have to hear about fn soccer either.

It's about to be all football...all the time!!!!

Yes, it's vacation time for the players, so there should be plenty of bar fights, DUIs, 'girlfriends' getting knocked out, all that off season stuff to look forward to.

And training camp is only 4 weeks away!!!! Woohoo!!!

Can't wait!

eidt: MoWilk already got the party started with a car rollover at 4:35am! This is gonna be a good off season.

#38 Footballgod214, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  19. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr New Member

Thanks for the head up. My fiancé is a huge Giants fan. Like hardcore. Knows stats, roster, contract, everything. We agrees not to influence our kids when we
    Do have them but being as competitive as we both are. That's just a lie we tell each other cause we both know what's really going to happen. Lol. I'm not really looking forward to the rest of my Sunday's if they choose to be Giants fans. On top of that. All my friends are Giants fans.

We all went to the Jets/Giants game. Row 3 seats by the home team tunnel, in the end zone. Worst day of my life. Haven't shed a tear my whole life but I was damn close to it in that day. I'm hoping for the best. All Jets, her being the only Giant fan. At worst. 50/50. If I'm the only Jets fan. I think I'm poping my ear drums intentionally so I won't have to hear it. Haha.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Italian Seafood----I am right there with you ! Yes I watched the draft--and I eat drink sleep football but I have NEVER ,,,,EVER been like this before. I can not ever remember feeling as I do right now,,,so UN excited and NOT psyched for the up coming football season . Now maybe thats a good thing as I do not have any expectations let alone high expectations. The way the last season played out gutted me,,,,,,the disappointment on how they played down the stretch,,,,the Holmes fiasco,,,,,,losing on Xmas just sucked but losing to the Giants the way they did was unreal,,,,,,then watching the Giants go on to win . We / the team / organization got dumped on last year bigtime and some say we had it coming , maybe so but it sucked . So without going into how Sanchez struggled and how the off line blew and how Rex did not have the pulse of the team and all the rest,,oh yeah not to mention how much I despise the move for Tebow,,,yeah buddy I am right there with ya