Anyone Else Struggling To Get Back Into Football?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Italian Seafood, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I don't know if it's the worst-case scenario in which last season ended, the fact that I've had the Devils until the week before last or what, but usually I'm looking a lot more forward to camp and the season.

Usually I'm watching the NFL Network and old games during the off-season, not this year. Usually I'm watching the SNY shows despite Adam Schein and Ray Ray Lucas but not this year, although they still auto-record I keep deleting them. Even the TGG countdown thread isn't getting me this year.

I'm sure when the pre-season and the season gets here I'll be ready to roll, I plan to hit as many games as possible and our tailgate again. But right now I'm not nearly as into it as usual, and there have been other years we've missed the playoffs, even a previous Giants-Pats Super Bowl. For whatever reason I'm still tuning out all things NFL and Jets. I've barely even been in this forum.

You?

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I'm ready, I want to bury the 2011 season for good and the best way to do that is w/ a good 2012 so I can't wait for this season to begin. I love the yanks and baseball but the season is so long and the games don't mean as much as 16 reg season games.

3. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

It could be a combination of things. First, there is really not alot of real football news out there.

And this bounty shit is turning me off more all the time. I've stopped going to certain sites just because 90% of the stories are about it. And the stories that aren't about it are about former players suing the league...

I know it's news and it will not go away, but I still wish it would. The type of headlines the NFL gets these days does not bode well for the game moving forward.

4. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr New Member

It's probably better that you can't get into it just yet cause right about now it's all the same crap being repeated over and over and it's stuff that's not even relevant to anything. On the sports networks at least. Everyone is talking about the QB Controversy which obviously Does NOT exist cause Tebow is as much a threat to Sanchez if not less then Brunell was. And then you got the Revis contract and apparently his "hold out" which is also non existent. He never said that he's unhappy with his contract or that he plans on holding out. He isn't saying anything to the media. They're mad about it do they talk shit about how hell hold out and all the BS that goes with that. And then you got ESPN picking at anything and everything Jets related trying to stir up drama, they keep trashing the Jets while licking on Bill's balls and kissing the Pat's ass even though they haven't won shit. So that's about it, but I'm sure once training camp starts there will be some good stuff to get you back into it. If that don't cut it. You got preseason where the rookies get to show what they got and if the hype is real or just hype. You also get to see all the "experts" backtrack about every single thing they've said, good or bad, or they try to spin their original statements in any way possible to make it sound as if they were right. And if that doesn't get you back into it. I'm sure the season will. That's where the truth comes out. But if that doesn't do it, then maybe you just lost the need for Football in your life. Lol. But I doubt that that's even an option. Anyway. Hope it all comes back to you. The more support the Jets get. The better. Since the whole world is bad mouthing them.

5. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Dude do you know what has happened to me? I never thought any other sport could ever supplant the NFL and the Jets for me. I lost most of my interest in baseball years ago, and never got into basketball and hockey much to begin with. I played soccer growing up and have always enjoyed watching world cups, but...

Over the past couple of years I've gotten into Premier League, Champions League, MLS, and I think this past year it has actually moved to #1 for me.

Maybe it was the fantasy Premier league game I got sucked into this season and made my weekends awesome

Maybe its because it is actually accessible all the time, on so many channels, all year.

Maybe its because my kids play it and my 8 yr old in particular is on a serious travel team

Maybe it is the international aspect.

Maybe I finally get the depth of tactics, the different personalities and club histories, etc.

Maybe it is Saints bounty story, which I find pretty awful all around

Whatever it is, this summer I am just as concerned about who starts for the US nats, or who will coach Spurs, or who the Red Bulls third DP will be, as I am about Sanchez, Tebow, Sparano and the Jets. I never thought it could happen in a million years, but there you go.

6. GATA

GATA Member

I'm not on that same boat with you. The Devils loss was def. a heart breaker so I can imagine. But something about the upcoming Jets season has me in a really good place. I feel like it's going to be a great yr for us. I maybe over my head but I see us going to the playoffs. I can't wait till Camp and the Pre-Season games

7. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this....fully immersed in EPL & Champions League this past season and the Euros, WC Qualifying & the Red Bulls...I think the accessability is a huge factor....you can pretty much find an important game all throughout the year on one of several outlets

This coupled with a good run by the Rangers (FU Devils!), and a decent Mets season so far (FU Yankees)........and really I could give a shit about the Jets at this point in the summer, which is odd becasue I'm usually all over football by now.

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

On Sundays I realize how much I miss it. During the week with the Euro's and tennis and baseball soon the olympics training camp news is going to be down on the list of things I am reading or looking for. Once the preseason starts though, then right back into the NFL fully

9. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Im dying for football season. I'm tired of how people are looking at the Jets right now. I want us to get back to our winning ways and silence the haters.

10. nyjunc

I'm sorry to hear that, maybe the NFL can implement a rule for the playoffs that after 1 OT period is over and the teams remain tied they can have a FG kicking contest to decide the winner:grin:

11. sozopol

Another thing i love-- no commercials every 5 fucking minutes.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The Devils actually have committed fans?

13. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

it just kills ya doesn't it....that people other than "illegal immigrants" like soccer.

14. nyjunc

It doesn't, if people are entertained by guys kicking a ball in the middle of a huge field then watching championships decided by shootouts of 0-0 ties that's up to them. I prefer to be entertained when I watch sports.

15. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

it doesn't? then why do you comment everytime the subject comes up?

16. sozopol

btw red bulls vs DC last night was actually a great game, did you see it?

highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaGjijs6-1A

Barklage who scored 2 of the 3 goals for NY was cut by DC this winter, so sweet revenge for him

17. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

yeah, the Jets are my #1 team (Rangers a close second), but there's nothing more infuriating than the ol' round of 2 or 3 commercials, back to the game, kickoff/return, back to commercials....

18. nyjunc

I don't comment every time, I stay out of threads specifically discussing games and stuff but soccer came up in a football thread and I posted a joke(no not soccer itslef but one about soccer). Don't take offense, I don't like it while you do- why do you care what I think?

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

A lot of this is the case, and welcome to the board. Please look into paragraphs, though.

Yes, after our flameout I tuned out the NFL completely, then was the Tebow thing and more bad press, now Revis potential holdout, it's like a tidal wave of shit that won't go away until we go out and win a real game. The few times I tried the NFL Network I saw the Giants with the trophy in the first two minutes and shut it right off. So part of it is me but I'm not getting any help here. The top 100 players? Could not care less.

And this. Again, there's nothing out there I even want to hear, I just want it all to go away until we can get to real games and hopefully win. I don't want to hear anything else about anyone else, I'm so completely sick of it and turned off by it.

Yes, and thankfully for me I have the Devils considering the Jets and Knicks are my other teams. The Dodgers are a good franchise but 3,000 miles away and 24 years removed from a championship--not Jet or Knick numbers but getting up there.

20. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

yeah a lot of it has to do with the Giants super bowl, the constant media circus that is the Jets, the bounty shit and never ending discussions of who is or isn't holding out. I will all change for me probably come the first pre season game.......but right now anything Jet related in the media is pretty negative, i know I don't wanna hear it.