Are fans going to help push out Sanchez ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by winsalata, Jun 15, 2012.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

While I agree with most that Sanchez is a better option than Tebow, I still don't feel good at all about having him as our QB unless he makes big strides this year. Keep in mind we spent the #5 overall pick on this guy, he should be producing more than he is at this point in his career. For example, a few of the guys picked after Sanchez in that draft were: Brian Orakpo, Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews, Percy Harvin, Hakeem Nicks. All of these guys would have filled fairly large holes on our team. Yes, hindsight is 20/20 but it doesn't mean we shouldn't expect more of someone drafted so highly.

If Sanchez doesn't improve markedly this season, I think it's time to look for a new "Franchise QB".

2. quadcityjetsfan76

This take hits it on the head!!! It sucks to think fans can have such an impact, but they do. The owners and management know who pays the bills, and that is the fans. I hope Sanchez can keep his head above water and have the kind of year expected from a 4th year stater on a team with championship hopes. If not, we have a huge problem on our hands.

3. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

If Mark can't suck it up and win football games, than he should be replaced. I understand he had a lot going against him last season, but this is a 16 game league, he doesn't have the luxury of fan patience.

Coming off of last season, I don't think we can go 2-3 without a lot of people wondering if Tebow couldn't do better.

4. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Tebow's a great guy, what he did in Denver (including beating us) was remarkable. That being said our fans should realize Sanchez is our guy. He struggled last season along with the rest of the team. He's a much better qb when his line is healthy, rb can average more ypc and some better weapons like how it was in 2009 and 2010. Sanchez has 5 playoff tds and a playoff win against Brady and Manning. Lets give him a chance with his new O-coordinator before everyone gets a case of Tebowmania and runs him out of town

5. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

It's crazy to expect a QB to be dramatically better than Sanchez has been.

How many dudes can eat a hot dog on the sideline and still dominate the other team 38-0?
    He took a lot of flak for it, but I say give the man some hot dogs if that's the result!
    Dude made some mistakes last year, but, at the same time, he avoided a sophomore slump the year before. It's hard to make your reads and whatnot when you're relying on WFH to keep DE's from crushing your sternum. The only guy I've seen consistently keep his eyes down field despite having no kind of line is Kurt Warner......and he was a fumble MACHINE on those teams.
    #6 is 4-2 in the playoffs --all road games, mind you-- tied for second best road playoff record of any quarterback all time. Only the 4th rookie QB to win a playoff game. Only the 2nd rookie QB to win a road playoff game.
    He beat the Colts in Indy and the Pats in Fox in the playoffs......

Yeah, he had a down year last year. Turner's Mangold's injuries early, and Woody's retirement played a big part. And who thinks Burris and Mason were worth losing Braylon and Jerrico? Thankfully, Kerley showed us something late in the season.

I know Mark deserves a lot of the blame, but I feel for the guy. His situation sucked last year.
    And I'm not even a Sanchez fan...

6. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

I for 1 will NOT BE callin' for "Te-Blow(me)" to replace Sanchez in ANY situation!!!
    I'm puttin' all my "chips" on Sanchez being "Mark-ni-ficent" & lettin' it ride in the belief that he's gonna go all out ballzie since his @ss is on the line!

I do not LIKE "Te-blow(me)" as either a Jet qb starter or back-up...;

"Mark" my werds.....he WILL have a break-out season!! Trust me!

'Nuff said!

7. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Some jet fans are very stupid and overreacting, but they're not that bad to the point where they would actually want tebow to start. He can't fucking start. Ever. That would be awful.

8. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You can do that with every team in every draft.

9. TwoHeadedMonster

Seriously? If you expect a high round QB to come in and have the immediate success that you can get from a high round WR or pass rusher, you're delusional.

Sanchez is going into year 4, and he's in a new offense. And he has to deal with WFH. If you're expecting him to be Peyton Manning, you're going to be disappointed.
    I do expect him to play better in the new offense, but with our tough early schedule, I expect it to take 4-6 weeks to really start running on all cylinders.

10. TwoHeadedMonster

For all the high picks from his draft that you feel have out performed Sanchez, there are many that he has out performed --
    #3 Tyson Jackson, #4 Aaron Curry, #7 Darius Heywood-Bey, #10 Michael Crabtree, #12 Knowshon Moreno, #16 Larry English...........and so on.

I guess the real question is, Would we have been better off with Josh Freeman?

11. sg3

sg3 Banned

the real answer to that real question is...

Did you see "Jamarcus" Freeman in action last season as he "led" the Bucs into the toilet and got his entire coaching staff booted out of town?

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^ this

not to mention the (espn) media continuing to annoint Freeman with as much "Josh'll bounce back" love as they do the Tebow-chasing-Sanchez "qb controversy" invention.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Here's something that actually might happen:

Sanchez is 'harpooned' in the back on a blitz and is laying motionless on the turf.

As the backup, Tebow puts on his helmet and is getting an ear full (crash course) from Sparano before running onto the field.

Cheering from the Tebow-nites erupts...while Sanchez, in a fog, thinks the cheers are for him getting killed/injured.

When the home team QB gets injured, there is never any cheering. But with Tebow getting ready to come in for the first time, you can almost guarantee there will be. And a lot of it.

How will Sanchez handle that?

14. reverseapachemaster

There's always going to be the Tebots out there screaming on every play for Tebow. I don't think it turns into a pandemic unless the team hits a losing streak and I think it will be more of calling out for a change at QB, regardless of whether had ended up as Tebow or anybody else.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The stands are going to have a lot of people frustrated with Sanchez. There are going to be people there only because of Tebow, because the Tebow fans will buy tickets and so they'll be represented also.

I think it's going to be a toxic mix that is going to haunt the Jets all season. I think the only way the mix does not ignite at some point is if Sanchez plays lights out or the Jets are beating the world with him at QB. I think the odds on either of those propositions are low for 2012. The team just isn't good enough to be world-beaters next season and the offense in particular is not talented enough for Sanchez to play lights out, even assuming that you think he's that kind of QB which I don't.

I fully expect the Jets FO/coaching staff to get overwhelmed by the situation just like the Broncos did last season and a change made at that point. I expect that change to be just as much a dead end for the Jets as it was for the Broncos, although squeaking in to the playoffs at 9-7 and winning a game there is not out of the question.

The real problem will then be during the next off-season when the Jets are just as paralyzed as the Broncos were this off-season. The draft pick not good enough to get a QB who could replace Tebow and unfortunately no Peyton Manning suddenly materializing to make the transition to what's next smoother.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If the Jets are out of any playoff hunt with 2-3 games left THEN I can easily see Rex putting Tebow in.

But as long as there is a mathematical chance of the jets getting in (remember 2009 when rex said we were dead but we were very much alive) then Rex will stay true to his word and ride the arm that got him here.

17. TwoHeadedMonster

The problem here is that our schedule is so front-loaded. I wouldn't be surprised if we start 1-4 and end up 11-5, or something along those lines. But if we start slow and the coaching staff yanks Sanchez because of it......thing could unravel quickly. In fact, if the coaching staff makes any major changes before week 5 or 6, I'm going to be very disappointed. Patience is very much called for early in the coming season.

18. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

The important this is for Mark not to be rattled, but it will be kinda hard with the fanboys/girls that follow this team and will try to make our fucking home games like an away game for Mark. Just like the fuck tards who booed him last season. I think the fans will have an impact. Leave him alone, let him do his thing and hope he plays the way he can and perform well. Go Jets!

19. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Tim Tebow will not start for the NYJ at QB as long as Sanchez stays healthy. Mark it (pun intended).

20. winsalata

winsalata New Member

Bingo!!!! Well said!!!!