I Dream of Braylon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GMCJETS, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I would love to have him back...he would be good talent for a great price.

Who knows maybe it would be the Hill and Edwards show, since I have no faith in Holmes anymore.

Worse case is we release him before week one.

2. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Exactly Holmes is a walking time bomb, Braylon Edwards comes to play.
    Cant figure what Rex and Tanne are thinking here.

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Holmes is no angel, but Edwards has his problems as well. His number of arrests is greater than 1,000 yard seasons in his career. He's been on 3 teams in the past three seasons. He's got a Diva rep and earned it. Alot of Jet fans have a hardon for him, but he's little more than a good #2 with a big list of baggage following him around. We seem more than willing to let Hill and Schillens fight it our for the deep threat spot on our team.

4. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

As for tebow beating the jets, I would say he beat ten on one play, and the broncos defense beat the jets the rest of the game. Tebow has a certain skill set, that may or may not help our offense, but what really pisses me off about him is that people keep acting as if he was amazing. If Sanchez was on the broncos last year they would have done much much better.

I never disputed that a deep threat is important, I know it is. What I'm saying is don't make the mistake of thinking that braylon edwards is a deep threat any longer. I think Stephen Hill was a great draft selection, and actually yes, big strong receivers are important for us as well, especially in a run heavy offense. Bottom line is that we took care of what we need, and Braylon edwards isn't a player that will help us. He lost his edge, and I don't know how that could be any more obvious.

5. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Edwards is not I repeat NOT re- signing with the Jets. The guy was a major head case when he had 2 good knees.

6. MaximusD163

They are thinking that Braylon Edwards us not worth having on the roster for the following (already stated) reasons.

1. He physically is not up to NFL standards. I don't know how it can be any simpler than that.

2. He has had multiple legal issues that kept him from playing in games and helping his team.

3. They had Braylon for 2 whole years. We paid Plaxico Burress twice the amount Braylon got, so obviously they knew last year he wasn't worth a tiny contract. His tenure with the 49ers did nothing but show that Tannenbaum knew what he was doing, since Braylon accomplished approximately dick.

Now what didn't you understand?

7. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I understand that you dont like Braylon Edwards.

Lets see how it plays out. I hope I dont have to come back here and say I told you so.

8. MaximusD163

I actually do like Braylon Edwards. He was a very fun player to watch and he helped the jets, I absolutely remember the catch he made to set up the winning field goal vs the colts that day, very epic, and that backflip will go down in history. I am just a realist about his situation, and the Jets' situation. And what exactly would you say "I told you so" for? If it's about Holmes' issues I have never disputed them, and if it's about a deep threat, I agree that it is important, just that Braylon isn't the answer there.

9. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Braylon was good when we had him. Past tense.

He just got replaced a "thousand fold" this year on the roster. Take a "look"

10. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I don't think Braylon is healthy. That's the only explanation I can think of for the apparent lack of interest in him from all 32 teams.

11. Professor Frink

You want some Braylon Edwards news? Here's some Braylon Edwards news

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_won_call_braylon_lDtyGp2i24s3vOcXGgnVtL#ixzz1y7oU6c3A

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I think once we drafted Hill that ended the hopes of bringing him back.

14. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I still dont get it...WHy not give the guy a look (I dont know if they have behind closed doors or spoken to him). The rational behind this is

1) Hill is a RAW rookie (I think he will be a good one though)
    2) Chaz has never stayed healthy for a season.
    3) JK is a slot reciever
    4) Turner....exactly
    5) Riley....see above

It's not like we have the depth here with Hill and Chaz being the question marks they are. To me this seems like the FO has made their decision and is moving forward. Personally, I'm ok with this but I dont want this to turn into the OL situation of last year. One injury can really hurt this group.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jets had every chance in the world to resign Edwards instead they let him walk and signed Burress. No one was kicking in Braylon's door to sign him so he settled on the 9ers,,,I think they were the only team to show interest. I liked Braylon when he was here but wish him well. The guy was a good player for us but has lots of baggage and as far as I know is still rehabbing an injury.

16. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I will ask the question again, does anybody know the procedure he had on the knee...all I keep hearng is "knee Surgery" but nothing specific... This coupled with his DWI's could be the reason why he is still on the market. A healthy Braylon would no doubt be picked up by somone as he is more talented (when healthy) then every reciever on our roster, IMO

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I remember reading something about a month ago that he wouldn't be healthy to start practicing until late summer. Jets probably didn't want to wait around forever to see if he could even be an option so they drafted his replacement.

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Seems to me there are other issues with Braylon that the coaching staff and/or front office does not want to chance. He played hard for the Jets and was successful but then the DUI. I think he is one more mistake form being suspended from the league and they may not feel he can stay out of trouble. Or his Knee injury is really really bad.

19. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

As a lifelong NYJETS fan whos seen it all here im saddened by this moronic decision. Its par for the course here. Weak WRs weak RBs weak OL. Whats another woulda shoulda coulda season amongst NYJETS fans? In Rex we trust! :beer:

20. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

You put Braylon on way too high of a pedestal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.