Dan Marino: "Proven" Mark Sanchez will remain the Jets' starter

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by VanderbiltJets, Apr 23, 2012.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

where did I say 9-7 was awesome? see you make stuff up, the haters drive all the craziness. I used 9-7 as proof that he was not the WORST ever. Thats a far cry from awesome.

if Denver does not draft tebow they do nto end up with manning because Manning would not have gone to a team that was 11-36 over a 3 year span , which is where denver was headed before tebow replaced orton.

and before you say it, Tebow was not the only reason the Broncos completely turned around that abysmal record and ended 8-5 with a GREAT playoff win , obviously special teams and defense were a huge part.

BUT without Tebow the Broncos do not go 8-5 and into the playoffs , as Tebow is one of the 3 pieces that were neccessary to get that accomplished (Quinn and Orton would not have had that success running the same offense) defense and special teams being the other two . This can not be argued and is fact.

Therefore Tebow deserves as much credit for the turn around as the defense and the kicking game and if not as much quite a bit (he was one of the 3 pieces) . That is not to say Tebow is even a good QB but what I am saying are actual real facts.

#241 CowboysFan, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. reverseapachemaster

I thought he was a proven winner since both his parents were conceived?

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

The bolded is false

can you provide even one post that proves what you are saying?

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I compare Tebow coming in and saving the Broncos season to Chad Pennington coming in and turning around the Dolphins

Sure they had success, sure they were the main reason for the turnaround.

But both were clearly not the answer for long term success and/or lifting the SB trophy

5. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Sure, here ya go:

Example of haters... well, just listen to Stephen A. Smith. That clown reminds me of a saliva-spewing permanent resident of government-sponsored geriatric ward when he talks about Tebow.

Now what I'd like to know is why the hell it was you who picked the banner in Tebow's defense, especially re my post? I didn't mention you by name, what exactly got you tickling so badly?
    Do you not agree that there are 2 extreme camps when it comes to TT, with media pouring gasoline on the fire any time there is a semi-slow news day? Can't you see that a rational discussion about TT is not really possible at the moment?
    Now, if you believe you're from a rational camp, why the hell are you getting in the middle of this fight? Judging by your writing style, I don't think you're a teen with nothing better to do... is TT your cousin or something?

6. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

None of that is bothersome. what is bothersome is the quotes like, "The NFL has never seen anything like Tebow." or "I gaurantee that Tebow will out work everyone." Or "Defenses are afraid of Tebow"

It's the guys that act like his college career means anything in the NFL. Its the guys that point to one play out of hundreds as the sole reason he can be this world dominating QB.

Its the guys that suggest Tebow makes other QB's better because they are afraid of him taking their job or just because he lifts weights he inspires others. Its the "look something positive happened on the Jets, lets give all the praise and glory to Tebow"

I have a friend who is a diehard Broncos fan and he was so tired of hearing how Tebow outworks everyone else, when its simply not true. I am sure he out works some, but everyone? Really?

I would love the guy, he has the bare minimum of talent at his chosen position and he works hard, is coachable and will try hard... If it wasn't for all the crap that comes along with him.

He's no messiah, he's nothing more than another back up QB trying to find a shot to start.

7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

CowboysFan

You know, my misguided friend, you actually succeeded in changing my opinion. Congrats, it's not an easy tasks, just ask my wife:rofl2: I now firmly believe you ARE a Tebow's groupie.

Exhibit 1:
    Out of your last 500 posts dating back to Mar. 23rd, there are only 26 that are not Tebow-related (approx. 10 of those are about Celtics/Miami series). This translates to 94.8% of your posts a TT-related.

I even doubt you're a football fan in general.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I have been a fan of football since 1977, i have been playing fantasy football since 1989 when you had to look in news papers to get scores. I am a member of over a dozen football teams forums.

I am a huge football fan and I love Tebow, how does that make me a groupie? I also said he is not a great QB and not even a good one yet and that sanchez should start, I guess you missed these post bud (oh wait I get it, you did not actually read any of the post my misguided friend....) so by your logic I am an even bigger Sanchez groupie since i believe he is a better qb than tebow! you are proving my point, that no one can be a fan without being called a groupie, its that simple, case closed. and listen I love debate and there is no better football subject to debate than Tebow

#248 CowboysFan, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Here is the proof:

this is what I have said about sanchez and I firmly believe he is a better QB than tebow, yet i have been labeled a groupie in every thread i have posted in, including this one :

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

^^
    OK, point taken. My apoplogy for doubting your football legacy.
    Why 95% on TT then? Is this overblown sense of justice? Is he really your cousin? Something else?

11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I agree on the extreme camps for sure. I did not pick on your post, I was just stating that i feel there are very little post that say anything about tebow that he is a superman, in fact for every superman post there are a dozen that say he sucks and will be out of the league in a few years.

12. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I do Love debate and the hater meter in the jets forums runs about 10-1 , so I take the under dog side. I also really think the guys is real good football player, I like the way the guy helps sick kids. Someone should have his back...I dunno you pose a good question to me.

13. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I don't think even reporters can explain it -- the guy is interesting even if you don't like him. It's like he's the Hypno-toad or something. He just goes about his business, and everybody else is pulling out his hair to make sure the world understands that (1) he sucks; or (2) he's the graet one evah!

14. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

That's part of the perception that I think is wrong. I very very rarely see anyone say Tebow is the greatest of all time. In fact, most people that like Tebow will admit they don't know if he can make it as a QB or not. Most just want to see him get the chance and like the way he plays football. I have seen some - again very very few - that will tell you he is the second coming as an NFL QB but most Tebow fans will laugh at that. We are just not ready to write him off yet. I have seen people get caught up in silly arguments by trying too hard (in my opinion) to defend him. I am kinda in Cowboys situation - I like Tebow and will defend him with facts - on occasion - because I see a lot of haters that say crap that just isn't knowledgeable and based solely on their desire to dismiss him.

15. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

My take on TT is that there is simply not enough data to make a decision. He is certainly an exceptional athlete. And just as sure his QB skills are ... lacking somewhat, let's say. My interest in him is strictly through Jets glasses. I believe getting him was a great acquisition -- cheap and with upside. His usefulness will depend on how we use him. 4th downs, special teams, occasional option - good.

And I very much hope he'll develop into a starter. I don't believe he'll get better than Mark, but unloading him for 1st rounder would justify the current craziness.

16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Well, the reporters are going nuts because he is polarizing. It's good for business -- sells papers and TV ads. The reason for this polarizion, IMO, is political with TT's religion and by extension party affiliation playing a major role.

17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

In 100% agreement on all points.

18. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Jim, the problem is that for TT to get a chance current QB has to move over. Naturally, fans question how wise this move would be: take however imperfect Mark out in favor of a questionable at best commodity. To justify this ridiculous proposition TT's groupies pull excuses out of their collective asses.
    In response, or in anticipation, the opposition throws in often equally ridiculous generalizations. And the bloodbath begins.

I bet that in the private moment most of the formers would admit that Tebow's play needs improvement. And most of the latter would agree that "he can be taught".

19. Bannon

Bannon New Member

You really think religion and/or politics? I don't know -- he's always had haters and doubters, and I don't think it was anything religious or political.

20. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

A great deal of those haters (myself among them prior to the trade to the Jets) comes from the absolutely insane amount of media coverage he gets. They hate him, simply because they are so god damn sick of hearing about him every time they turn on a sports channel. I never hated him as a person, and I only wanted him to fail so the media would stop talking about him 24/7. Now it doesn't matter , I have to hear about Tebow anytime I want to hear jets talk.