Too Many Reps,. Holmes Leading?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ajitator, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/06/jets_go_through_first_mini-cam.html

"Santonio Holmes, and rookie receiver Stephen Hill are both nursing hamstring injuries,.... A handful of other offensive players were also limited with hamstring injuries, including receivers Jeremy Kerley and Patrick Turner."

'Obviously, I think I’ve probably pushed the wideout group in particular a little too hard.' - RR

What kills me about this is the fact that all these WRs are dealing with fatigue / strain related injuries, yet Holmes still got bashed from here to hell for 'yelling' ( possibly talking like adults ) to the coach about it being a couple too many reps. Where's the report on ESPN about how Santonio was right, and was probably just telling the coach what his young rookie / new WR's were afraid to speak up and say for themselves, because he's taking them under his wing and spending a lot of time with them.

I'm excited for this year, It's hard (too much?) work this time of the year that puts you in the White House next summer.

2. TheGreenCantona

he will never get credit for anything from me for speaking up

it takes years of not being a dick for getting cred, when mangold walk off i will listen, but not for that prick

3. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

just another case of post facto truth massaging.

4. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Well to be fair there are plenty of other ways to handle the same situation without throwing a tantrum on the field.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

yuuuuuuuuuuup

As an aside, if you read into the receivers being overworked a bit more, you could imagine that meaning they're doing a lot more vertical routes than they are used to. That's a good thing. Chunk yardage.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Where is the proof that Holmes threw a TANTRUM on the field???

7. chibucks

chibucks New Member

manish heard about it through his anonymous source, and then cimini read it from manish's article and rephrased it in his espn article... sort of like the telephone game... :eek:hmy:

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

All I heard was Holmes was upset that his hammy was bothering him. That is not a tantrum.