Diablo III

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by joolander, Mar 21, 2012.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Has anyone else had it happen to them where they login and all their equipment and gold are gone?

I read a bit about it but not sure how to go about resolving it with Blizzard. My account wasn't hacked but I reset my password to be sure...

2. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Woah that certainly sounds like you got hacked. How do you know you weren't? I'm extremely cautious when opening emails and clicking strange links, but even I was hacked several times in World of Warcraft.

3. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Quite possibly the most disappointing game ive ever played.

Its astonishing that it got overwhelmingly positive reviews.

The difficulty is horrifically poorly balanced (goes from way way too easy, to completely broken on inferno)

The AH is bugged nonstop and crashes/lags/is down ALL the time

The Blacksmith is a heaping pile of shit is entirely broken and shouldnt be in the game

The Gem Crafter is the same as above

Balance is terrible

And the game has already been completely entirely ruined by cheaters/exploiters. That bells been rung, and theres no undoing it at this point. Now anyone can easily get all kinds of gear they shouldnt have access to.

Blizzard should just come out and admit they epic failed on this one.

4. xxedge72x

I don't open any e-mail from anyone I don't have white listed. Hell, I don't even answer phone calls from numbers I don't know. I generally don't visit websites that I don't have prior reason to trust.

Virus scans also turned up nil.

My character is only level 9 so its not like I had a lot of awesome stuff for hackers to take and make a profit on. Plus this issue seems to be really common considering I see it all over the message boards. I don't think its a hack, I think Diablo's game database is effed-up.

#64 xxedge72x, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Do you play other online games? Do they share account names or passwords? A lot of times somebody will get something hacked and then the hacker goes and tries a bunch of other popular games with the same name and password and for some people that turns into multiple hacked accounts even though their e-mail and clients in those games were never hacked.

6. Christian

Christian Active Member

I cant really disagree with any of this, especially the part about the blacksmith.

7. xxedge72x

Just EvE Online and my credentials are completely different for that. In fact I keep my credentials different for just about every pay service I use...

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

was that you taking out Jita? ;)

I still havent tried this game as the supply of the game has been totally f'ed up - either the online retailers are out of stock or its people reselling and trying to rip you off (and I refuse on principle to pay extra for a digital download direct from blizzard than I can buy a physical copy of the game for!)

I should probably just save my money and pay 1/3 of the cost to get Torchlight II!

9. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

They've only patched the game twice...It takes Alot of Tweaks to Balance a game thoroughly. Same goes for AH, Blizzard always does this. Releases a buggy game especially when it is required to be online. And Patch something Every Tuesday. It takes time. Though I am on Hell now Lvl 50 Monk and it isnt hard to solo. Just takes focus and Micro skills

10. xxedge72x

Haha I haven't participated in Hulkaggeddon... one day.

I honestly don't know if Diablo 3 is worth it. If its really your type of game go for it... just seems underwhelming to me...

11. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Problem is this is an economy based game. The ENTIRE game is built around its economy. There are games out there built around multiplayer, dungeons, pvp, this game the entire point is items/ah/money. So when you release a game thats completely unbalanced, full of exploiters and cheaters where the whole point is the economy you got a major issue. Especially when that gets combined with the rampant cheating/hackers going on, and so many people who did so much crap that the whole economy is effed.

And theres no way you can patch or fix that once its happened.

Hell is crazy easy, its inferno where the game goes to fully broken. The balance issues between different classes is completely laughable as well. Not even like ok slightly off you can hotfix it, but like this is an absolute joke. A class needs 50million in gear to compete with someone in trash, yet the guy in trash will still be able to do more than him because of awful balance.

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

the more I read about it the less it appeals - i will wait awhile i think.

atm i am mostly playing the Day Z mod on ARMA II & fiishing off Skyrim after taking a break from it.

There is also the Game of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings II to get through......never enough time.

13. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Huzzah made 50$ rl cash selling crap to baddies

14. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I saw a youtube video of this, it looks sick! Is it worth getting ARMA II just for the mod? Because I have relatively no interest in ARMA II itself but the mod looks cool.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

its still an alpha mod and so is pretty buggy so there is no rush - I would keep an eye on steam and wait for it to be on sale again

16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

ah okay, good call

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

So did you hit act 2 inferno yet on your monk? Mine is taking a rest till 1.03 because I would rather roll another toon up than fight through that.

18. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

The game is far worse in 1.03

Its like 3k in repairs per death

All people do is farm act 1 now that they changed where loot drops from

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

It's 3k + per death, but things hit for a lot less. Don't die so often. The reason they changed it was so people would not progress by doing corpse runs.

I've been able to go from stuck on the start of act two to blood and sand with the same gear, no deaths.

Act one farm is far less efficient than getting parts of act 2 or 3 on farm. Some of the changes suck, but the end of the game and progressing through got much easier.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Ok... this will be my last (hopefully) posting on Diablo 3.

For now, I have 4 toons in Inferno - 2 in Act 3, 2 in Act 2. I don't have a lot of gold as of yet (about 3.5M - since I hate mindless farming) and I think I can say a few things about this game.

1. The game design is absolutely horrible! Part 1: Itemization

Basically, you want select few magic affixes on your gears. (And no, I am not talking about that piece of shit blue gears. Rare gear just means it can have up to 6 any magic affixes.)

From cheapest to the most expensive:

Shoulder/Belt: All res, vitality, primary stat, armor. (additional effects like chance to freeze on hit are bonus)

On your helm: All res (>60), vitality, primary stat (int/dex/str) (> 100), crit chance, socket, armor

Bracer: All res (>60), vitality, primary stat (> 100), armor, crit chance

Boots: All res (>60), vitality, primary stat (> 100), armor, movement boost %

Glove: All res (>60), vitality, primary stat (> 100), crit chance, crit damage, attack speed

Chest 1 (Normal Char): All res (>60), vitality, primary stat (> 100), armor, socket x3

Chest 2 (Demon Hunter): All res (>60), vitality, dex (> 100), armor, socket, max discipline (>8)

Pants: All res (>60), vitality, primary stat (> 100), armor, socket x2

Rings 1: All res ( >60), vitality, primary stat (> 100), crit chance, crit damage, socket

Rings 2: All res ( >60), vitality, primary stat (> 100), attack speed, either crit damage options, socket

Amulet 1: All res ( >60), vitality, primary stat (> 100), crit chance, crit damage, socket

Amulet 2: All res ( >60), vitality, primary stat (> 100), attack speed, either crit damage options, socket

Weapons 1 (One handed weapon): DPS > 800, Primary stat > 100, Socket x1, Crit damage > 50%, Life on hit > 300

Weapons 2 (Two-handed weapon): DPS > 1400, Primary stat > 250, Crit damage ~ 100%, Socket
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see from this list, even though the items come with a lot of magic affixes, you don't have much freedom to choose from them. Why is that the case? That's because, to clear Inferno Act 4, you are required to gear up to a degree, i.e. in case of monk *my main* you need 7k armor, ~700 all res, 45k health and 25~30k DPS, all unbuffed. To hit that mark, you don't have much choice but to follow the guideline above. Same with other classes.

Now, is there a way to improve your gears by farming your minds out all day and night? If that were ever the case, RMAH does not need to exist, right? In short, there are bars to meet, and you are not given any clear method or path to reach that mark. Here we come, mindless farming. Oh yeah, it sucks to no end.

2. The game design is absolutely horrible! Part 2: Game mechanics

I believe I have said this in the previous posting but I will reiterate. By the time you get to Inferno, basically you are forced to use a set of passive skills with a set of active skills. Sure, you can go wayward and do your own thing - at your own risk. Unless you are playing with top-of-the-line gear, that will result in swift death. Seriously, your toon will die sooner than screaming out "I require aid!!" Demon hunter that does not use the combination of preparation and avoidance skill (smoke screen is the most prevalent but some use vault - and die.) is asking for trouble. Monks are required to equip both self heal and invulnerability, along with the mantra at the skill set. (That leaves staggering ONE skill to use, other than the two mouse click skills. Nice, eh?) It's even worse with barbarians; when you first get to inferno, you will do very well to go with Nerve of Steel/Tough as Nail/Superstition passives, along with Ignore Pain/Earthquake/War Cry skills to go. (You will be able to use only Frenzy as your attack skill as a matter of fact.)

Just what the fuck? You are not given clear way to improve your gears first and foremost, and now if your gear is not up to par, your selection of skills is restricted as well. Your mad skillz DOES NOT MATTER. How do I know it? I've been there. My DH had 30k DPS, 30k HP but with ~100 all res. One shot - she was dead. Period. Now, with all res over 400, that does not happen that often - so, there you go.

3. So where do all these tantrums lead to?

If you can:

1. Get a lvl 60 toon.
    2. Load up on gold find, regardless of the stats or whatever.
    3. Start a game in NM. Wear your good gear, and get 5 Nephalem stacks. If you are using demon hunter, get ferret as your pet - that will help a lot too.
    4. Change to your gold farming gear and start farming gold. Zoltun Kulle archives feature control towers that spawn mobs automatically, so as long as you don't destroy them, they will spawn the trash mobs for you.

Why NM, instead of Hell? Because you can't die in NM with lvl 60 toon, unlike in Hell. That's all there is to it.

Farm the gold - around 50M or so, then hit the Auction House. Buy the gears. Have fun.

This is what Diablo 3 is all about. Ok?

#80 Zach, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012