No hitter by a met....finally!

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by GRNYT, Jun 2, 2012.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The difference is that was one game of a series and we don't know if Tarasco catches that ball, it could have hitt he wall. We KNOW Johan gave up a hit.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

That wasn't going to hit the wall. Tarasco was camped under the ball.

3. nyjunc

where his glove was the ball was going to hit the wall, could he have made an adjustment at the last second? sure but it wasn't a sure thing and again that was game 1. It didn't decide the series, baltimore came back and won game 2 to tie it up heading back to Baltimore. Even if Tarasco makes the catch the series is likely 1-1 heading to Baltimore, Mariano pitched 2 innings in Game 1, if Tarasco makes the catch Mo doesn't come in and is available for Game 2 when the Yanks were in a close game late.

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

NY Mets 8 games over .500 tied for first place....

time for all the Media "experts" who guaranteed a 60 win season to step up and eat some crow

will they

OF COURSE NOT

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I was delivering pizza, had the Dodger game on, the Rockies radio guys mentioned this in the 7th inning, so I switched over. As I pull up to an apartment building the second out in the 9th is made.

Now I think it through. You know any time you wait out an at bat before going somewhere it takes forever--goes 3-2, guy fouls off a million pitches. Also, time is money in this job, it's a quick around the building and back so I go for it. As I approach the building I think I see the game on their TV through the blinds. Just as I ring the bell I hear them all cheering, knew what happened.

Pretty amazing when you think about how often no-hitters are thrown and how many great pitchers came up with the Mets, including Nolan Ryan who threw 8. Good for them.

6. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

junc don't be a dick all your life

7. GreenMachine

8. nyjunc

sorry if the truth hurts

9. Italian Seafood

Truth is it's a no-hitter, just or not. Just like the guy on Detroit didn't get a perfect game even though he should have. History will show that was some light colored dirt that flew up and not chalk.

10. nyjunc

Yep but it is tainted. Everyone knows what's his name threw a perfect game and everyone realizes Santana(as great as he was) threw a 1 hitter. It will always be tainted a bit b/c of that, it's a shame but it's reality.

11. Italian Seafood

Maybe for a few days, but not after a while. We already forgot the kid's name on Detroit, which is a shame. Although something tells me YOU will remember this. :lol:

There were also the oddball no-hitters from Andy Hawkins and Pascal Perez wiped from the books, I want to say around 1991, for various reasons. Hawkins lost his game and Perez's was 5 innings, I only remember them because I was unemployed and watched both, like a week apart.

12. nyjunc

Hawkins was 8 innings b/c the Yanks were on the road at Chicago and they lost like only the Yanks of that era could.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Pretty sure the Hawkins game had a score of 4-0 and it has since been wiped from the official no hitter list because he only pitched 8 innings. No need to pitch the 9th in old Comiskey because the ChiSox had the lead.

I don't like the Santana and Galarraga situations, but that is how it goes. We could do this with every football game. "Oh, this game is tainted. Holding was not called there." Blah blah blah. We could do this with every sport.

The batted ball from Beltran was ruled a foul ball. He had another shot go get a hit in that same at-bat and he failed. That is the bottom line.

14. Italian Seafood

If I remember right someone dropped a fly ball in left for an error and some guys scored. Crazy game. And I think Hawkins' next start was Perez's game, the rain shortened 5 innings.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I think it was Jim Killer Leyritz that dropped that fly.

16. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

17. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

just thinks he's smarter than everyone...likes to stir up crap to get attention...johan pitched a no-hitter and the book is closed

oh btw junky? that famous jeter flip in the oakland series back when? jeremy giambi was safe : ) and its all there in replay for all to see...maybe give that game to the A's?

18. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Sour grapes!

19. sg3

sg3 Banned

Frontrunner Yankee$$ fan$ and their 700million$ payroll bleating from their Big Urinal in the burned out Bronx

Pathetic

20. nyjunc

I don't think I'm smarter than anyone but I can see and that was clearly a base hit. The jeter flip was incredibly close, this play was very clear.

It doesn't bother me at all, it's nice to see the Met fans be happy about something and I'm happy for them but it's tainted by the awful call.