The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Shitty PPV, but CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are putting on the best 60 minutes of wrestling I have seen in years. Match of the year, no questions asked.

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Ah yeah, forgot that was on tonight.

3. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

This is funny, I was watching "The Best Of Pride Fighting" the other day, for anyone who does not know Pride was a MMA Promotion that was based out of Japan in the 90's and early 2000's. Pride was then basically bankrupt when they were exposed to having ties with the Yakuza. After the UFC bought the promotion back in the early 2000's, and dismantled the company, a lot of information was leaked. Some matches were fixed. The Yakuza would go to one fighter and offer them money to take a dive, and you do not say no to the Yakuza. The other fighter would not be aware, so the victory and the celebrations to follow were genuine.

Now with all that said, a fighter that was known for his flashy high kick knock outs was Mirko Crocop, Mirko fought a fighter who was trained in the art of lucha libre, this fighter was known as Dos Caras jr .. this was one of those fixed matches. Well long story short, Mirko high kicks Dos Caras Jr. in the face KO’s him .. out cold later on that fighter became Alberto Del Rios in WWE. I would post the video of the fight, but I can’t seem to get it right from my phone. It’s on Youtube.

4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I can't stand Laurinitis....Big Show a bad guy now?

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Ha, I haven't watched wrestling in ages, but I used to be a pretty big fan. Did they really have HHH vs Undertaker 10329382098312 at wrestlemania this year? WWF was great during the 90s, then they bought WCW and changed the name and it hasn't been the same since. I watched TNA for a while but lost interest, although I still think Kurt Angle is the best wrestler in the world, hands down. I'd love to see another Angle - Lesnar feud, but I doubt Angle ever goes back to WWE. Wow times have certainly changed.

6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Hee-hee.........

And I'm Joel "So big it's hurtin' her" Gertner.

I loved his X rated ring intros.

7. Drew

Drew Active Member

The Punk/Bryan match was awesome. I'm guessing they'll have a rematch at No Way Out, which is at the Meadowlands..

Hopefully it's some kind of submission match, or Ironman match.

8. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

When you get a match where about 40 minutes in both competitors are laying on the mat in sheer exhaustion after having gone nonstop the entire match and using more holds and moves than most other wrestllers see in their whole careers, and the crowd just keeps chanting "this is awesome"... that was one hell of a match, I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat through most of it.

9. Drew

Drew Active Member

So some matches have been made for the No Way Out PPV in NJ.

Cena vs. Big Show in a cage match (yawn)
    Punk vs. Bryan vs. Kane for the WWE championship
    Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Randy Orton was suspended 60 days, Jericho for 30. Seperate incidents.

My favorite news of all is the WWE is holding their TLC pay per view at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn in Decemeber. Cannot wait! WWE in Brooklyn. Amazing.

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Because they had a damn near perfect feud building between 2 technicians that can have the crowd eating out of the palms of their hands in the ring. So they add Kane??? WTF?

They did a controversial ending. Why not have Punk/Bryan in a submission match, or 2 out of 3 falls, or iron man match to settle it. So weird.

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

Bryan pins Kane. Extends the feud cause Punk didn't actually lose. Bryan beats Punk at the next PPV, and drops the belt to Cena at Summerslam. My opinion, of course.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Haven't watched in a little while- why was Orton and Jericho "suspended"?

thanks

13. Drew

Drew Active Member

Orton for substance abuse, probably steroids.

Jericho was suspended for stomping on the Brazilian flag in Brazil. It was a basic heel tactic. Apparently it can get you in quite a bit of trouble down there. He was almost arrested. He got a suspension for it for whatever reason.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Thanks Drew.

That's crazy about Jericho. You can think what you want about me but he's one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. WWE is better when Jericho is involved on the top of the card I think.

15. Drew

Drew Active Member

I agree completely, he's right up there with Rock and Austin for me.

My top 5 all time in no particular order.. Rock, Austin, Jericho, Edge, Kurt Angle

(of course I like HBK, Undertaker, HHH, etc. too)

One of the highlights of my life will always be sitting front row at MSG and Jericho threatening to kick my ass when I tapped him on the shoulder

16. Coach K

Coach K New Member

lol WWE.

its like an amusing soap opera with fighting.

17. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

He was a personal child hood favorite at times.

That's a legit list. Mine also include Rock, Kurt, and Jericho. I appreciate Austin, but never liked him. My mother was in love with Edge, and my grandmother was in love with HHH. :smile::rofl: I'm a Rock guy personally, always have been.

18. Drew

Drew Active Member

I definitely feel like Edge is criminally underrated. He was a great in ring performer, a great character when he was a heel, always used classic heel tactics, and he wasn't afraid to jump off a ladder or anything crazy like that, even having broken his neck before. He was without a doubt my favorite guy up until recently, cause really, who the fuck is there?

I like Bryan, Punk, and Kane right now. Other than that, the product is pretty stale.

The only other guy I see right now that I feel like has potential through the roof is Dolph Ziggler. He has to lose Guerrero and Swagger, which is happening now, but I think he needs a name change too. He is great in the ring and just has the look of someone who can be their next star, imo.

19. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

Ziggler should be a top card draw but I agree that his name drags him down. Just sounds so cartoon-ish. But man he is so good in the ring.

20. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I'm wondering how they are going to get the belt to someone who will face Rocky at WM next year. Hopefully its not Cena