17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I not bitter just posting reality plain & simple. Hey if others can post there hope & prays garbage why not post what I see is actual reality? :sad:

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

As people abandon seats like 349 R14 you will see they are going to have a hell of a time reselling them.

So, they have a choice. Let the shittier seats sit there empty or start reducing prices. My call is, you're going to see price reductions in the UD or worse-case are no price increases or very moderate price increases. The traffic will not bear price increases up there and they have no pricing power.

Where do you go to make up that revenue? Downstairs. Here they have pricing power and can a nd will raise prices at will and the PSL holders have no choice but to pay for them.

So there goes Jerseyboy's joy ride. Nuts in a vice grip and up go his ticket prices. Now he must raise his numbers to break even and we'll see at what point the consumer realizes these seats are just way too expensive and overpriced. And this isn't even calculating a losing season or several in a row. If that happens, coupled with heavy price increases, look out below.

3. championjets69

Winning the Lotto is also possible BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT most highly unlikely right? Just like the NYJs chances of winning the SB even though there odds are only 31 to 1 not millions to 1 like Lotto

If U want to hang onto that quite slim thread hope & prays be my guest as no matter what U & I post now the final results will as usual come in @ season end. :sad:

4. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Random question but if Jets do get to a superbowl not at Metlife are the UD STH eligible for lottery??

Im not throwing this in UD STH face im just honestly wondering this question.....Has anyone ever asked a rep?

5. Section 227. Row 5

We get PO tickets but no shot at SB, only PSLers. But just so you know, the percentage in the lottery is quite low. Only something like a total of 20% of the tickets are available to the Jets and an even smaller percentage are available to PSLers on a lottery basis.

I will just buy them if it ever happens.

6. championjets69

Actually the amount of the SB lottery tix is much lower then at Giants Stadium since it is my understand the big fat cat PSL owners are GUARANTEED SB tix if we ever make it to another SB game :sad:

7. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Yea we have to make it to a superbowl first key point!

8. Section 227. Row 5

I believe you are referring to the Club Seat guys and yes, I do remember in the initial literature about guaranteeing all of them a ticket. So yes, this cuts it down for the remaining PSL ticket suckers... er... excuse me, ... I mean, ticket HOLDERS.

9. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

You're right. For $10 a ticket I think I made a very good move.

10. championjets69

Yes those are guys that U refer to so even the not rich PSL owner gets the screw job from Woody. Those PSLs are a scam of the highest order & should be investigated for there legality :sad:

11. championjets69

Really? :sad:

12. Section 227. Row 5

In my pedestrian opinion, there was never complete, full disclosure by the Jets in terms of what the limits were on price increases. I am not a lawyer, but WHEN (not if) the brutal price increases are put in place, can't someone file a lawsuit caliming that they were never completely informed?

I mean, no out? Just pay whatever it is? The UD has the option of just leaving... walking away. I suppose the Jets will say, "Well, you PSL holders can do the same... just sell your PSL to someone else and you can walk away too."

But to me there was never full disclosure of what to expect in the PSL sections in terms of ticket price increases. They never ever addressed that, even when asked point blank. This leaves a huge, open-ended, one-sided opportunity for the NYJs to ream everyone with that contract but good. I'd love to enter into contracts with people whereby they have very little options and I control everything, including random, unlimited price increases on them at will. A contract is supposed to be an offer and an acceptance. But in order to accept the contract, in all fairness the offer must be spelled out in at least some detail to the buyer. Yet no mention of price increase limitations.

It baffles the hell out of me that so many just bought into it willy-nilly. "Oh well, I'll just buy the thing. I'm not really buying anything anyway, I'm using their payment plan. That's not really like I'm buying anything, ya know? Like, these things are way cool and I gotta have it, so fuck it."

I mean, seriously. I'll bet there are thousands of guys out there going, "WTF did I get myself into here?" Wait until the price increases and God Forbid if that happens to coincide with back-to-back losing seasons. Holy God.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Let's suppose I buy a life insurance policy. And suppose that they want me to put down a deposit.

And then suppose the insurance policy doesn't have a set, guaranteed premium amount each year. The premium payment is going to be whatever the hell they feel like telling me it is. And if I don't pay it, I lose my deposit and my life insurance payout if I die.

I lease a car and give them a deposit. But the monthly payments are not fixed. So after the first month, my payment goes from $199 to $399. I call them up and they tell me either pay or I lose my deposit, and they'll repo the car.

I mean, they had an exact figure as to what the stadium cost to build. They knew it was $XXXXXXXXXX. And they know what the maintenance is going to be. Surely they have financial projections as to exactly what their fixed costs will be. Reasonable COLA increases aside, they are not bound to abide by any reasonable price increases.

Reasonable would be COLA... say 3% a year if you want to stretch it and make money off of it and cover yourself. So you announce to the PSL prospects that the costs of the tickets will not exceed 3% per year.

But no. No such declarations. I am telling you we had 10% per year for 8 straight years under Woody Johnson. Now, of course, I didn't have to pay that. I could have walked away with no penalties, so I understand that. But not so with PSLers. I astounds me how people just ignored that fact.

14. no psls

no psls Banned

I just moved to Section 312 Row 22 ; I want the sunny side of the field . December in the shade SUCKS . I used to have sect 332 row 14 . It will be nice to have seats inside the field of play .

15. Section 227. Row 5

Good job. The corners are too squared off and therefore WAY too far from the field. Even though you're higher, you'll notice a big difference at midfield.

They're going to have to reduce prices in the corners and EZs big time. People must be evacuating in droves.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

:drunk: I can't understand the concept.

17. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

if you look at the relocation picture
    the 4 midfield sections on both sides are filled to row 17
    then the sections leading to the corners occupancy decends

18. Section 227. Row 5

Pepsi Sideline pisses on all other sections. To say we rock is an understatement.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

If this was our stadium alone and not shared, I could see a reduction of upper EZ seats in the future to turn it into a "party deck" like Snyder did in Washington last season.

Look it up. They removed thousands of seats, but a bar up there on each side and sold standing room only. Might have canopied the area too. May as well make the shitty view for people who don't care enough to pay close attention to the game, and make it an extension of the tailgate party, right?

20. championjets69

I think several factors drove the PSL purchases

Most thought the demand for ST would be as it was at Giants Stadium & Shea before that

I would suspect that when so many STher from Giant stadium opted out that brought people hungering to obtain NYJ ST in

Some thought they were like a stock buy low & sell hi. Reality should hit them smack in the face after this season :sad: