Why Sanchez will succeed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GA Jets, May 23, 2012.

1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I think you misread my post. I was saying that they are traveling from their respective territories to our house, our hostile environment.

"49ers fan!!" "HOMO!!!" 49ERS FAN HOMO,,,, 49ERS FAN HOMO

J E T S JETS JETS JETS!!

KYLE WILLIAMS TAKES IT UP THE ASS DOO DA DOO DA WILLIAMS TAKES IT UP THE ASS OHH A DOO DA DAY!

Can't wait!!

ps (houston and san fran are great places to visit with awesome people. Sunday/monday night is a football day and they are going down (hard) when they come to the Meadowlands.)

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes I misread it

As for the rest I will be ready to send U pills for depression after those games :sad:

3. Professor Frink

As we've seen with Alex Smith, mediocre QBs can play efficiently when they're given a quality defense and running game. It would have been pretty easy for Fitzpatrick to give them more than Sanchez did in 09 (2400 yards, 12 TDs and 20 INTs) and considering the weapons they had in 10 I'm guessing he could have outperformed that as well.

Hell, with Fitzpatrick as their QB I'd venture to say they would have been hosting one of those title games.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

In '09 they probably make the playoffs w/ any QB(almost any) but would they have won? mark was almost flawless at Cincy and made huge plays to help beat SD, Fitz has never played in a big game in his professional life- how would he have reacted? '10 they never would have made it b/c Sachez was a key to getting to 11 wins.

5. Professor Frink

The Jets ran the ball 3 out of every 4 plays for 171 yards. They didn't win that game because of Sanchez, they won that game because the O line flat out dominated. I also don't think it would have been tough for Fitzpatrick to match the 12 for 23 performance for 100 yards that Sanchez gave them in SD.

Sanchez has not been "key" to the Jets' success, he's been a complimentary piece on the weaker unit of the team his whole career. Fitzpatrick wouldn't have made as many game winning drives because he would have been up by 2 scores in the 4th quarter.

6. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Sanchez has NEVER been a top 10 QB, and probably never will.

7. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

In the play-offs he has.

He's had a few good games, but he's too inconsistent to be considered a top 10 QB.

8. Could somebody book mark this?

9. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Keep the pills it sounds like you need them, way more than me.

10. nyjunc

Sanchez was 12 of 15 and 2 of the incomplettions were drops, he was near perfect. yeah we ran it well, we scored on a misdirfection play early and Greene had a big run late but he was excellent in that game.

you are just looking at stats, he had 3 HUGE 3rd down plays that helped us win. he was vital to winning, would Fitz make those plays? I doubt it. Philip Rivers couldn't make those plays.

Remember, we were up double digits in the 4th and didn't throw anymore so his #s were less than they would have been.

Sanchez was A key in 2010 to winning 11 games, he was excellent the first month or so (outside of the opener), then he led us back down late at denver, led us to the win in Cle in OT, led us to the win down 10 w/ about 3 mins left at det, led us down 4 needed almost 80s yds and no Tos and a min left vs. Hou. He was very underrated in 2010.

In 2010 he was.

11. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

12. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

That was actually my point. He played hurt the week following the rib injury, which makes sense. A few weeks later he played much better in the second contest against the Jets, throwing for 3 touchdowns for over 260 yards and no turnovers.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I would guess because they like seeing Sanchez Homers make fools of themselves arguing how great he is.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Had to fix that for you.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

16. Thanks. Way to have a fellow Jet fans back. Thought maybe we could all be unified against shmucks here solely to ruffle feathers & make themselves feel better about their own team's shortcomings. I forgot that sadly I root for a team in which a good half of the fan base roots against the team's own players & wants people released within 2 years of being drafted if they aren't immediate contributors or make acouple mistakes.

Forgive me for having some pride for the organization against mean spirited bullies here for the wrong reason. I hate to say it but there is a large portion of this fan base that really doesn't deserve to see a championship. It's truly shameful.

17. nyjunc

don't waste time w/ silly QB ratings and fantasy stats. Mark was vital to a team winning 11 games in the reg season and helped them advance to another title game by outplaying the best QB of this generation in Foxboro in postseason. Sanchez led 5-6 comebacks when the D and or run game had failed and they needed to win through the air. It doesn't always show up in stat sheets but he made plays to win while other QBs may have put up better fantasy #s they didn't make plays to win.

You should know this first hand w/ early Brady who didn't put up the grestest #s but made plays to win. Sanchez is not and will never be Brady but we don't evaluate Qbs based solely on fantasy #s. That's for peyton manning fans to do.

If we just looked at stats everyone would be saying how much better sanchez was in 2011 as his #s were up across the board but he wasn't half as good in '11 as he was in '10.

So we'll go by the premise that he was ok w/ the rib afyter the first Jet game? he was terrible for the most part the rest of the year, do we ignore that? after a great start he didn't even have his team in playoff contention by December.

18. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

I never said he was a great quarterback. I fully admitted he was inconsistent. I think there were a number of reason why the Bills collapsed. Certainly injuries (#2 receiver in Jones, Jackson, starters at the two most important position on the offensive line) played a role. You're right, he didn't have the team in position to make the playoffs with three games left and then go on to play his worst football like Sanchez did. I'll give Sanchez that one. Doesn't change the fact that both quarterbacks were inconsistent and one didn't definitively have a better season than the other.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Sanchez was better in 2011. He just finished the season awfully.