Why Sanchez will succeed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GA Jets, May 23, 2012.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yes, some homers think mario Williams is Reggie white and that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a good QB.

Your #1 WR is better known for dropping big passes, your QB has never played in a big game(neither has your #1 WR) and you gave them both huge contracts. You should worry a little more about your team and your homers.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You should start worrying about that backup QB impersonating a starter on your own roster first. If he tanks again (like he will next season for sure) then you're done before your season even started.

3. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

How did the Jets not fill any of their holes last season? Granted we couldn't find a FS, but it's not as if we added the best WR in the draft as our #2, added a bunch of SS, injected youth into the defensive line and linebacker corps, and just recently added depth at tackle. There's nothing worse than know-nothing opposing team trolls talking shit.

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Whoever told you the best WR prospect in the draft was Stephen Hill misinformed you

5. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

In terms of being a polished, NFL-ready prospect, perhaps not. However I'm looking at total upside and raw talent. He's far and away the best WR in the draft in that department.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

It is a stretch to say he has the most upside and raw talent and it is an incredible stretch to say that it is "far and away".

7. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm glad we got him and I think he was a great pick at where we got him. Could he possible be the best WR in the draft? Sure, but so could the last WR picked in the draft. I wasn't really sold on Blackmon or Wright (although wouldn't write them off by any meants) but I really liked Floyd.

I would agree that we upgraded at the WR position by adding Hill but it's not like we added Calvin Johnson. We still have a pretty crappy receiving core unless Holmes has a huge bounce back season and Hill has a sensational rookie season.

8. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

....ox roast?

9. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Where did I ever compare Mario Williams to Reggie White or anybody else?

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Mark Sanchez, but then, that's not saying all that much.

And the Jets #1 WR is best known for getting bounced from Pittsburgh and for throwing a hissy fit last season because he wasn't thrown enough passes.

11. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Hill was hardly the "best WR in the draft", and counting on a very green rookie WR as your #2 is hardly "filling" a "gaping hole".

The problem with your reasoning is that it's NOT realistic to expect rookies to step up immediately unless they're top 5 picks. If a team can get one or two of their rookies contributing on more than ST by mid-season, that's a plus. Expecting more is foolish.

Adding a pair of street FA OTs that no other teams were interested in is really questionable depth. They sound like Benny "The Penalty" Anderson's younger but equally inept brothers.

12. nyjunc

Bills fans act like Mario is reggie White, like he is this dominant pas rusher. he's a good player, he's not a special player.

Fitz had his best year last year, sanchez had a bad year and Sanchez was still better.

The jets #1 WR is best known for making BIG plays something Stevie NEVER does. Holmes has made a million big catches for us and he caught a SB WINNING TD for Pitt.

13. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Yep. You put a big, boneless beef roast on a spit and slow cook it for several hours over a wood fire. In Texas and other parts of the West, it's called barbecue. In WNY, it's an ox roast.

You can do the same with pork, but that's usually an entire pig that's spitted and roasted. I, myself, am partial to roasted pig.

Of course, the whole purpose of an ox or pig roast is to party while the meat's cooking. :metal:

14. What do you define as "Stepping up"? Nobody is saying Hill is gonna have 10 catches/200 yards a game. If he catches 3-5 balls, keeps safeties out of the box & can be a big target in the redzone..he'll be all the Jets need. What's stopping him from accomplishing that? His speed/size is something defense's have to be wary of.

Rookie's don't contribute their first year? Really? Do we really need to make a list of non top 5 picks who have immediately helped their teams win multiple football games? You are really goping out of your way to find any reason you can to posture the Jets in a negative light. The problem is..you are starting to sound really stupid.You don't have to like the Jets. You don't even have to think they're going to be good.But the reasons you're coming up with suggest you are just throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks.

15. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

Sanchez having a better year than Fitz is debatable. Fitz finished with more yards and a higher qb rating, Sanchez had more touchdowns. Fitz had more interceptions but Sanchez had more turnovers.

16. nyjunc

Sanchez had more TDs, less INTs, led his offense to more PPG and led his team to more wins. You can keep QB rating.

he had lss overall TOs but including rushing Sanchez had 32 TDs and 26 TOs, Fitz had 23 TDs and 25 TOs

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Anyone assuming the Jets will beat the Texans and Niners, I mean just assuming?, is dreaming.

18. nyjunc

The same can be said for those counting as a loss. Those teams are good, not great teams, and we have them at home. We can beat both w/o a doubt, I think they are toss up games.

19. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Sanchez had a worse year last year than his previous ones because he's never had a good one DESPITE playing on much more talented teams than Fitzpatrick has ever played on.

:rofl: Earth to JUNC: last season was 2011 NOT 2008. What Holmes did in Pittsburgh doesn't matter any more.

FTR:
    S Johnson: 2010 - 82 rec for 1073 yards and 10 TDs in 16 games
    S Holmes: 2010 - 52 rec for 746 yards and 6 TDs in 12 games (4 game suspension)

S Johnson: 2011 - 76 rec for 1004 yards and 7 TDs in 16 games
    S Holmes: 2011 - 51 rec for 654 yards and 8 TDs in 16 games

20. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

You are seriously deficient in reading comprehension. Try again.