17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

[​IMG]

Sorry guys this is no joke!! I do have 8 PSL and I told everyone why....I was offered row 20 first and wanted closer than I called a New person looking for tickets and got row 7 Aisle. I knew for long term row 7 is where the $$$ is so I bought those too. I am trying to sell the PSL for row 20 but people want them for silly offers so I will hold on to them because I am making money on them since no one here believes it!!

I also Do not know what will happen with the jets so this year I am playing it safe and selling all tickets and parking to a broker for a 1400 profit on the year. If jets tank I will be lucky to get half of that money back and cant afford that now.

So yes I am real and also have 8 PSL. If anyone in interested in my row 20 great if not then that is fine too!! I have no problem with anyone here but I just find it funny that no one believes me in anything I say so here the proof. I think this broker is done buying tickets for the year but not sure!! I have Did not give him tickets and did not get money yet that happens when I get the tickets. If I sell PSL than I will not give him tickets and I would most likely keep my other 4.

Thats the story for all of you none believers!!

#14521 Jerseyboyisback, May 28, 2012
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
  2. Jerseyboyisback

Ticket brokers buy all lower level and mezz......I am not a millionaire just saw a long term investment that I could not pass up.

3. Jerseyboyisback

I agree but football is better life than on TV I dont know......You miss injuries like what is happening. but yes the crowd is a great thing to have!!

4. Jerseyboyisback

3 strikes and your out all 3 are true!

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Tks for posting that

My own HO is that the broker is deranged to make such a deal now since at seasons end he will be stuck with 50% or more of the tix. JMHO :sad:

6. championjets69

Yes that maybe be true for the SB champs NYGs but not for the 43 years & counting losers NYJs :sad:

7. Jerseyboyisback

Brokers buy for Jets as you can see mine above. Also they are buying for same price as Giants.

My dad has 2 in section 146 row 40 under cover and he offered 1350 a ticket even though face is 1200 so not too bad but still. Brokers offer more for row 10 and lower, why I got 1500 for my other seats and aisle always help too!

Row 7 aisle is like get tickets for resale and watching!!

8. Jerseyboyisback

Gotta remember they are a business. They can do so many take write offs it is crazy!! I thought about opening up a business and just putting my 8 PSL and my dads 2 and my uncles 4 in the LLC name and no matter what we would make out big time!!

As an individual cant really do much but as a business alot of things can be done!! Worst case they donate them and its a write off.

I am a tax accountant getting my masters

#14528 Jerseyboyisback, May 28, 2012
  9. championjets69

I own my own business so I know all about write offs

U still have to expend the $$$$$$ to buy them right? If they still unsold then U R eating what U outlaid for them right? It the NYJs have a sub par year then by week 8 they will be worth less then dog shit. That is why I am saying that tix broker lost a gene somewhere along the way if he really made such a deal so many months before the season began. Just like that NYG guy who broke a leg at the OTAs lets say something happens to Revis & MS U know what that will do to to the resale value for the broker? :sad:

10. Jerseyboyisback

Your right and that is why they will donate tickets or something to lower tax liabilities.

11. championjets69

OK but somewhere along the way the broker will be huge bucks :sad:

12. Jerseyboyisback

Thats he business not mine.

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This whole ticket broker thing is a joke and is ruining sports and concerts for the regular fan. IMO it should be illegal to sell tickets for anything more than face value. Why should there be a mark up for tickets and people making a profit at the expense of those who just want to go to a game or attend a concert? Take the profit motive out, make buying and selling easy on team and NFL sites and that is it.

14. Jerseyboyisback

This is how the world is!! Tickets has always been like this!! Its every market, Housing, Stocks, where people can make money as a 3rd party or broker they can! Stubhub is a broker!! a place to sell your tickets and they take a 15% fee!

#14534 Jerseyboyisback, May 28, 2012
  15. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I'm saying that is not the way the world should be. Just because something has been a certain way doesn't mean it has to stay that way.

When an average person can't get a ticket to a Springsteen concert without paying a 500% mark up because ticket brokers corner the market with technology and shut out the regular fan, that is wrong.

As a Jets fan, I want my stadium to be filled with fellow rabid Jets fans, not 1/3 filled with some rich guy who buys tickets to one game a year, brings his girlfriend, shows up in the second quarter, doesn't know what is going on, and leaves in the third quarter. I also don't want opponent's fans sitting all around me.

People should buy tickets because they want to see an event - not to make a profit.

Your analogy to stocks and houses is way off, by the way. Most people don't buy houses to make a profit. They buy them to live in them. As for stocks, you pay the actual price of the stock plus a tiny % commission to the broker. You can't by stocks unless you buy them through a registered and licensed broker. There is no such thing with sports tickets. I have never needed a "middle man" to buy my Jets tickets.

What if cars were treated like sports tickets or sporting events. You want a new car and are looking at a Honda Accord. The price is $30,000. Oh, but there are none available because the independent car broker bought all the inventory. If you want an Accord, you now have to pay $45,000. Is that the way the world should operate? As if everything were on the black market???

16. Jerseyboyisback

I dont know what to tell you go write a book maybe people will listen!

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

Since you decided to share your full name I checked your facebook page. You're a fucking Giants fan. Get dafuk outta here.

18. Jerseyboyisback

Not a giants fan family is i went to superbowl didnt know it was illegal! If you read past posts you will know my family has 6 Giants PSLs!! GOOD THING YOU DONT KNOW ME AND DIDNT GO THROUGH ALL MY PICS!! I went to many other teams games in my life Bengals, Eagles, Giants, Browns, Uconn, Rutgers, Cincinnati, Reds, Mets, Yankees, Phillies, Colts, Rangers, Islanders, Knicks, 76ers.....I can go on and on. So many and sorry but I am a sports guy I love seeing stadiums and going to games! The Jets are my team say what you want. I went to all jets playoff games but Chargers in 09 and all in 10. Say what you want but hey seeing Giants in both superbowls maybe only chance I get to see a team go.......and we wait!

I should have blacked it out but oh well!! figured I would show you all that 1) I have 8 PSL 2) brokers do buy tickets WORTH BUYING 3) I am making money on selling them to a broker upfront!

#14538 Jerseyboyisback, May 28, 2012
  19. JetsSec337Lot13B

If I'm doing the math right you have 8 seats total times $1,250 per seat = $10,000 you paid for the tickets plus $500 for the 2 parking passes = $10,500. You're getting $11,900 so you're making $1,400. If you weren't paying a PSL I'd say 10% return on investment isn't great but isn't bad either in this economy.

The problem is you do have the PSL fee. Assuming you financed over 15 years you paid around $245 per seat per year over those 15 years plus your intial down payment. $245 x 8 = $1,960

$1,960 PSL fees - $1,400 ticket profit = a $560 LOSS!

No wonder why you're whoring yourself to unload these things. You're taking a loss.

I have no issues with people who bought PSLs. It's the USA you spend your money how you want and I know people who bought them because they go to every single home game or close to it, they wanted a lower view, they had the money, and they went into it knowing that the PSL could be something they never get any money back on and prices could jump up.

The issue I have is you coming on here talking about this great invesment you have here and you're begging everyone to buy them.

As I said before if you bought a PSL because you wanted certain seats and that's how you want to spend your money all the power to you. In this case you're an amateur broker taking an ass fucking.

I've sold tickets to different things in the past. I NEVER EVER SOLD MY JETS TICKETS THOUGH. 1. I love going to much to sell them. 2. You're gonna lose your ass most years.

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

One more post. I brought up being in the USA and spending your money how you want.

It's Memorial Day I wanted to thank 227 and any other Veterans or current military members for fighting for our country to defend our freedom and way we live our lives.