Why Sanchez will succeed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GA Jets, May 23, 2012.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They may not have ran the ball consistently last season but they averaged over 130 ypg rushing against your dog shit team. But I suppose thats well below the average of 230 they had rushed against the Bills in the last 3 years...

An earlier person was right - It's freakin May and you are on a Jets MB trolling. That's pathetic. I know there isn't much to do in Catt County but it seems like y'all would have some kind of summer bluegrass festival or ox roast up in those hills..

2. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

kewl.....?

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

In games we were running the football well, schotty mysteriously chose to pass. Schotty ran the ball 90% of the time in between the tackles. Our starting Running back was clearly in a lot of pain, injured at least half the season. LT is old and it showed.

We can move the ball on the ground. I bet we run the ball more than we pass this year. I have a feeling we will be a successful running team.

This will help Sanchez tremendously.

4. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

How the fuck do you know that Favre didn't want to be here? Where do people come up with this shit?

5. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

If Jim Harbaugh could turn Alex Smith into a smart, winning QB, I guess anything's possible.

Sparano is hardly a QB guru.

I guess it all depends on your definition of "succeed."

Personally, my expectations are modest as far "the Sanchize" suddenly morphing into Drew Brees anytime soon. I think nowadays, with rare exceptions, you need an elite QB to win it all.

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I don't think u should put Farve in there to all fairness he was having a great year until he hurt his arm. That u can't put on shitty. I'm glad BS is gone.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

all reports are he wanted to go to Minnesota and only played here b/c he had to. hed also was busy helping Det try to gameplan for GB instead of worrying aout our matchup w/ NE in week 2. then he "retired" again to force our hand. His goal was always to get to Minnesota.

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think you quoted the same poster who in another thread said since the players on the OL didn't change how can we expect the play of the OL to change. Because you know we didn't just change O line coaches and OC's.

9. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

As I said, having success against a poor D doesn't really count as "success".

Doin' that on the weekend, son.

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Anyone reading this-FYI: ESPN's NFL Live (just came on, 4:00-5:00) is going to have as one of their feature stories a look at the Jets' 7-on-7 drills.

And of course, being the ESPN douchebags that they are, they spun it in the program's intro as "Sanchez vs. Tebow in 7-on-7's...see who did better!"

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Changing from the over complicated zone blocking scheme that Callahan and Schotty had implemented last year to a man-on-man, go out there and beat the shit out of the guy in front of you scheme will definitely help us out this year. Hopefully it will also help our tall, stupid giant in Ducasse.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

No way the Bills defense is Poor??? I coulda sworn I heard they have the greatest NFL defense ever produced with their 4 HOF defensive linemen and their genius coordinator. I'm perplexed.

and glad to see you people still actually get out of your tents in the enchanted mts once in awhile, good to hear.

13. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Because Schoddy ran his ridiculous GnP/AirCroyell hybrid frankenstein offense. Sparano's Offensive system is a flat out Erhardt-Perkins Offense - simple, concise, no fucking hybrid Schotty-monsters.

Here's your refresher course. Of course the important posts that JUSTIFY what the Jets do you probably don't bother to read. However, you just can't refrain from injecting your knowledge into the posts that are half controversial. I guess you should be in line for the next Jets beat writer position on ESPN!!!

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=70667

14. patfanken

patfanken Banned

The skill level in the NFL is such that EVERY QB in the league can have a 65% completion rate when that are given time and can throw the ball in rhythm from a clean pocket.....including Mark Sanchez. I don't remember Sanchez throwing an inaccurate ball under those circumstances.

However the mark of a good to great NFL QB is how he responds when things don't go smoothly. His ability to go to the 2nd and 3rd options when his first option is covered. His ability to move within the pocket and maintain his footwork when he finally has to throw the ball. Its what happens when he makes his drop in rhythm and then has to reset, while the chaos of the pass rush swirls around him.

These are the areas where Sanchez has to radically improve his skills. There is no question in my mind that Sanchez is a much better QB now than he was in his first year, but also there is no question that he's still a flawed QB, whose decision making and overall understanding of offensive concepts are still in question. Too many interceptions Too many fumbles Too many passes thrown where the receiver has to make adjustments to the ball, so even if its caught YAC is lost.

Shotty is never going to get credit for maxing out a very young and inexperienced QB. For fitting him into a talented team and fitting the talent to the offensive style successfully. However when the OL and the RB's started to regress, and Shotty was forced to put more responsibilities on Sanchez, his flaws became more apparent. So in a year where he #'s improved across the board, they were outweighed by his deficiencies.

But on the bright side. Its a new year and we will see how much Sanchez has progressed. Any improved offensive production will be a lot more based on any Sanchez improvement, than a change of coordinators

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Ground and Pound is just a catch phrase. I honestly do not think we will do many more running plays than passing. I think 2010 will be our template. In that year, our team was the most successful and we had just about even amount of passing & running plays for the year. I believe that will be the goal this year as well. We don't need to run it every play, just enough to make it a threat to keep the defense on its toes. I don't believe we need 2200 rushing yards to be a legit running team. Our target should be around 2000, which puts us in the top 10 for rushing yards. That's about 1200 for Greene, and 800 for McKnight / Tebow / Powell / Ganaway, which is certainly doable. But again, success will determine where we end up going with the running game. If Sanchez does indeed breakout and starts lighting it up, we will certainly call more passing plays.

Side note: In 2010 we had 2200 rushing yards split between Greene, LT, Brad Smith & a few others. That's not really far out of sight, but it depends on Sanchez. My bet is on us reducing our running game as the year progresses.

#55 Barcs, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  16. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I'd imagine the leading rushers will be Greene and Tebow, but a lot can change between now and September.

17. patdaman819

patdaman819 Member

I think your right we saw what pennington did when he left shorty to go to miami he got the comebacks players of the years and im sure sanchez will develop good this year.

18. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

And the year after the Jets, Favre was again in a new system and that didn't seem to bother him. Maybe is was just a BAD system under Schottenheimer.

Whether Sanchez does well this year or not, Schottenheimer's systems were terrible. How many times did he have noodle arm Pennington throw across the field and have the ball intercepted for a pick-6?

The offense has no flow, no continuity. I would bet that's why Sanchez thrives in the 2 minute drill - because it's simple.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It's not necessarily a bad system, it's just that our team really wasn't built for it and Schotty didn't adjust. I think he was a good on the field coach, but his play calling was just bad at times. I bet, the fact that Sanchez played in a complex system like that helps him become a great Quarterback in the NFL. It may have slightly slowed his development, but I have a feeling that experience will pay off bigtime.

20. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I agree. You have to design the system to take advantage of your players' strengths.