17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Online Seat Selection has closed for the day.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

OK we will see what that renter thinks after the season ends. I did not use the on line I called at my appointed time. He tried the PSL route which naturally fell on deaf ears. He asked if I wanted more tix in the UD which I also passed on. Hey if the sun is the price U pay to get nearer midfield so be it. who knows maybe all afternoon games will be played under cloudy skies this season :sad:

3. Section 227. Row 5

Quote of the day. (not you Champ)

4. championjets69

BTW if the odd section are on the opposite side of the field from the even # sections then my new seats are on the same side as my old seats :sad:

5. Section 227. Row 5

I knew a lawyer who had seats over on the sunny side of Giants Stadium. So he invited me over and I went over from my section and he raved about them the whole time, about how nice it was to sit in the sun and "be warm."

And this was early in the season and I wound up sweating like hell with sunburn on my face like no tomorrow. Where I was in the Mwzz, I NEVER had sun, not once, not even on my back, because I was under cover. That part of the old stadium never got sun, not one minute. And I never missed it! Maybe it was a lttle colder over there than it was on the sunny side in late December, but we layered up and no problem at all.

So no, keep the sunny side. Most games are played in mild weather and the older you get the less you want the sun blasting your face.

6. JetsSec337Lot13B

Congrats to everyone who got upgrades today. Just wondering how empty were rows 15 and up and 20 and up. Just wondering if what we have been guessing that there is a price slash for upper rows comes true.

Also how empty were the endzones?

7. Section 227. Row 5

I was concentrating more on lower seats. As you might imagine, the closer you get to the two mid-section (50-yard Prime) sections on each side, the higher the rows were filled.

But it also amazed me that even these had many openings. People are unwilling to sit in those expensive ($125) seats and I can't blame them, so there were many openings at the 50 in the upper primes, row 18-23. Then it fans out from there as expected.

Now from there on out to the corners there are many seats, good ones, that fan out. It just becomes a personal choice... Do you favor closer to the rail or do you favor closer to the 50? You can't have both, or maybe you can, in some combination.

Personal preference. At my age I like being closer to the rail. I don't like people standing up in front of me. When I was in row 5 I still had a whole drunken crew in Row 4 and every week this guy (who must have owned some kind of trucking company or something) would bring guests and he'd stand up and everyone on cue would do the same in lock step and pretty doon people were standing up directly in front of me every freaking week. So I'd tap them on the shoulder and tell them I missed the play and a couple of them got an attitude because they were "defending" the boss!

So then it got to be a weekly thing and they'd all stand up on his cue, which he was about 30 lbs lighter and 6" shorter and I could have kicked his ass in the old days but now he has his whole crew with him to "defend" his ass.

So this goes on and on and now I'm an old bastard and if I'm in Row 2 now, I only have to tap one person ont eh shoulder and tell him, "Could you please not stand up? There's no reason for you to stand up. No one is in front of you!"

And if the simple little bastard isn't there for the game, I'll sit in his Row 1 seats and toss my KFC Bucket chicken bones all over his row.

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Sections are in numerical order not odds and evens Split

9. Section 227. Row 5

Champ, you really need to get yourself a seating chart - 17a posted this one:

http://www.seathound.com/venue/metlife-stadium-3073/football-seating-views/

But the simple chart that is on Stubhub is actually better. It sounds to me that you did okay though, b/c there wasn't anything better in Row 1 today anyway. I scoured from 8:30 on and nothing, People are not giving up Row 1 sidelines.

Row 1 corners were there and I think still there. That little Section 320 intrigues me in the corner... all by itself and not many seats in that little overhang... but it's still the NE corner and full sun blasting away head on in your face. No thank you, not compared to sideline sun-to-your-back near infamous Pepsi Corner.

Pepsi Corner rocked with sun to the back of your head, but the Jets fucked it up with the Orange Parking nonsense. Now they made up for it by allowing Yellow, so Pepsi Rocks again big time. Good seats. No blinding sun. Convenient Parking.

Hell... it's almost sounding like Giants Stadium... well.. almost.....

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

awesome to hear everyone doing so good getting tickets moved!!!!

227, you are right that sun is a MOTHER!!!!

jerseyboy is beginning to sound a bit like one of the many odd balls this thread has seen. constantly changing his mind, constantly agreeing and then disagreeing. constantly talking up his seats then saying that he has to watch teh jumbotron. its almost rojf like at this point. i dont know what to even think when i read his posts.

i like the fact that the fans have got them by the proverbial balls at this point, its nice to see. and i will be updating the spreadsheet late week to see if a shit ton, or about 5000 upper deck seats hit the stub hub market.

btw, first 4 rows prime were selling for more money than llez was last time i did the spreadsheet right after the draft.

11. 17a_tailgater

sun is good for dec games
    sun is bad for sept oct nov games
    sunburn with sunglass marks on my face.
    hangovers even worse from the sun
    ill take the shade anyway.
    i used to wear a hat sunglasses and still make a cave around the brim of my hat.
    no thank you.

12. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

HAHAH thanks!! I think row 1 upper deck is a great deal!! no psl and it probably isnt that high up but anything past row 1 than not my style.........

I just dont think that upper deck resale is as good as what I have and I can tell you this if I cant go to a game I sell......If the ticket sells for the price of 2-3 games I sell....I dont think UD does that so that is why I flip! Do I think row 1 anywhere is great of course no up and down.

For superbowl I was row 1 UD in Indy it was great I just chilled and watched it!

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Showtime in 2 hours.

Can anybody tell me if the bars block the view in Row 5 of Sections 341, 340, 339, 338, 337, or 336?

Can anybody tell me what row in the upper deck have the stairs in front of the seats on the aisle when the stairs split and run parallel to the rows and then down each side of the section entrance?

14. 17a_tailgater

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Row 5 is blocked by the bar in sec. 340. I think all sections have a bar between 4 & 5 but the Upper prime sections are different because they have Handicap for rows 5-7. In those sections there is also a bar between 7 & 8. There might be one or 2 more sections that have handicap. Good luck figuring it out, the seating charts have not been updated since they removed the handicap and the reps. don't know shit. Put in the section 340 and row 5 and there it is.

http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/new_york_jets/#/p_340_3/

#14355 sec314, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
  16. championjets69

17. championjets69

I was offered 50 yd line seats towards the back of the monster which naturally I declined :sad:

18. championjets69

Thanks for that link. That made it easy :sad:

19. 17a_tailgater

when i look at a viewfinder, i only see 1 handicapped section in the upper sidelines.it looks like 339 the prime section

20. championjets69

I know my old seats in 308 row 1 had no bars :sad: