17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Funny thing they arent saying that now. I knew it when I went on the tour I bought the UD with the intention of bailing out altogether sooner or later.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

just watching "build it bigger" on science hd... god this host is a douche.... but i digress.

they were building a soccer/rugby stadium in melbourne australia. strictly for those sports. and they built it so the fans in the first row would be 5 feet away from the field.

so this douche is talking to one of the engineers and he says "what we want to do is we want to make people understand that its better to come to the game than it is to sit at home"

so the douche says your competition is not a bigger stadium its an hdtv. to which the guy replies

"its more about building it better than building it bigger"

where the fuck was peter bowtell when we were building this piece of shit stadium that we built?

btw notice the overhangs and how important they felt they were...

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums.php?id=279

you know i feel like i have posted about this in the past when i saw this same show before... oh well its still true.

3. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

I sat in the sunny side for over a decade in the old place. One of the key things I wanted in location was a seat in the shady side. I agree that once the sun starts to drop in the sky, that sun can be brutal in the fall.

I have not regretted my decision at all moving to the shady side. In the first 1-2 games during the season, I would come home with a sunburn.....no more of that. Plus, looking at the backs of the home team is overrated......I can see more of what is going on with the Jets sideline from my seats across the field than I did behind the bench.

And lastly, access to parking is better right now. I honestly think that when they were planning the stadium, they thought them track would be gone in a few years......opening up some prime parking area.

4. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

The stadium and parking is a very poor design. Hard to imagine an architectual/engineering firm winning an award for this dump. The old stadium had better parking and easy in and out. I couldnt imagine myself continuing the weekly ritual in this place. Many say oh it takes time to get used to, I disagree.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I believe this is the week that many people hope to be upgraded,,,I cannot wait to see the amount of posts on this thread and the stories that people will have. In my experience in dealing with the Reps I have always enjoyed the beginning as they start their pitch , as with most fairy tales they begin with "ONCE UPON A TIME ",,,,,but with the Jet Reps not everyone lives happily ever after,,,good luck all may the force be with you :rofl:

6. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I wish you all luck. I hope you all do better than I did. I repeatedly asked and asked and got nothing but the run around and excuse after excuse. Keep in mind row 4 is the last row in the old stadium and mostly all except single seats were available lower than row 4 when I tried.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Things To Remember When Selecting Your Upgrade

Here's some things to remember if you are going to try to upgrade your Upper Deck seats:

1) You must login with Customer # and Login Code
    2) The hours of operation are only from 8AM to 5PM
    3) You only have 72 hours to select, then you'll be shut out.
    4) Your selection cannot result in a single seat remaining in your aisle.
    5) The phone number to call if you are having trouble is (800) 469-5387

Is anyone selecting today? We have people selecting tomorrow but no one has indicated they have today's date. Just trying to figure out when they're unlocking the door for business.

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

just had a friend call as a new customer. he asked for upper sidelines low row on the aisle.ticket agent said they are doing a relocation with existing sth. so new customers are only being offered row 20 and higher in the upper deck.

they are definitely gonna lower the price on row 20-26 after this relocation.move all sth to a lower row to please them.then stick it to us by lowering the price for 20-26 for the entire upper bowl

9. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I dont see them doing that but we will see. Why would they lower the price of a ticket they will just give them free parking for the year! Lowering the Ticket $20 will not help them sell tickets!

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah, you can see this coming. But it's what they have to do. Who is gonna sit way up there and pay full price, same as Row 5? Nobody. I've always said their pricing is ridiculous.

Same thing with Prime seats. 313, 314, 338 and 339 are Prime the whole section, wuhich means some idiot is paying $125 per game to sit in Row 26. You'd have to be out of your mind, I don't care if it's on the 50. You need a Base Camp, Sherpa Guides and an oxygen tank to ascend to the top because the air is so thin.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

i can't believe no one on thia site is picking today. The other site people are picking. Sounds like a few goods were there and gone. Not gonna get lower then row 12 in the good sections,

12. Section316

Section316 Active Member

To be honest, I am not really sure what this whole relocation thing will accomplish. The biggest issue with these seats is not how high they are, how far they are, parking, or any of that. IMO they are simply priced to damn high. The NYJ could offer me row 5 on the 40, compared to row 20 on the 25 where I was before, and I will say no thanks. These seats, or pretty much the entire upper bowl are not priced to what the market for third tier seats is. Regardless of whether the third tier is right on top of the field like at GS, or up in the sky like it is here, when you are selling upper bowl seats in the NFL, upper deck/bleacher seats in MLB, mezz seats in the NBA or NHL, you are selling to a certain demographic, which the prices here are pretty much not in line with.

The upper bowl follows a 95/105/125 pricing structure, which is probably in line with market demand for one game per season. Lets look at sideline uppers first. Everyone here monitors stubhub. How often do you have to pay $105 a game to sit up there? Fees and all. MAYBE the Pats game if it looks to be big, like it was last year. Other than that, even for the opening game of the season, youre getting in off of stubhub for below that outrageous face price. And in the case of the 6 other games of the season, youre getting in for probably 60-70 bucks. And in the case of the 1-2 "military discount games" youre getting in for practically nothing. Bottom line is that they can relocate you to wherever, give you whatever gifts, you're still going to be paying considerably higher than what the market dictates for those seats, youre going to be paying in full before the season starts, and youre going to be paying for late season games with no idea of their importance. People have pretty much figured this out and are saying no thanks. There aren't two seats in that entire upper bowl that could convince me to pay 105 a seat for 10 games in full before the opening kickoff.

Warts of the new stadium and all, even with the upper deck being in line with various flight patterns, even with parking being atrocious, even with exiting and entering the stadium taking six years, I have no doubt that if the upper seats were priced in line with demand for the median game of the season (probably something like 65EZ, 75SL, 95PR) they would be sold out just like they were at the old place. Since theyre priced only according with demand to the highest demanded game of the season, any sort of relocations, gifts, incentives, will amount to shuffling deck chairs on the titanic.

13. 17a_tailgater

whats the other site? and what where the available sections and rows?

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

15. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

UD tickets can and always will be had in the parking lot for any game. I used to sell 4 for $100 back in the day. The poor stadium design caused all this not the pricing,parking or anything else. The UD is just too dam high to see a game.

16. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

17. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

This is true and think about it why would they lower the price of the Season tickets for the top half of the rows in UD......? even if they charge half of the price and it sells out than it would be the same as only selling half of the full price seats. Since there is no pls this will cause uproar with all UDSH and they will demand a lower cost ticket as well...If you give anyone an inch they take a mile. I still see same price tickets and honestly even a 100-250 psl per seat up there one day......This will lock the people in even for a low price. If the jets start winning expect this to happen.

And same goes for every level....They would not give row 30-45 a cheaper PSL or ticket cost in the lower level its just dumb.

This is how the stadium is and always will be!

18. 17a_tailgater

i see nobody likes criticism or difference of opinion

19. 17a_tailgater

no but knocking off $20 a ticket is better than the beating the jets take for selling them on stub hub

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Actually, you are incorrect. The people on the site are very pro Jet and defend the PSL's and Stadium. This is where SG3 lives and breaths. Anti UD just like you. I would not pay $30 to sit in row 20 so I don't care what is said. I believe them regarding what seats are available.