17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i wish i could see the REAL amount of open seats in the upper deck

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I want seats on the 50YL, Row 23. This way if I get bored with the game I can wave to people sitting in commercial jetliners.

3. 17a_tailgater

i would like an honest answer from longtime season ticket holders.
    when you envisioned this new stadium,where did you seriously want to sit before psl's and the height of the uppers where known?
    i was thinking about mezz seats 35 yard line low row on an aisle

4. 17a_tailgater

i remember taking pics for you in 342 row 16 and for pats hater 346 row 22 when i went for a seat and greet.i couldn't believe how high row 22 was.

5. Section 227. Row 5

I envisioned my old seats and would have been happy with that. Mezz Sidelines at about the 10.

I honestly thought, with my seniority, I'd be able to get them and maybe if there was a PSL it would be like $1000-$2000 per seat. I thought this because of all the hype about the "shared stadium" and keeping the costs down, etc. So I figured get my old location and maybe a small PSL.

Then they came out with the price list and I was like, WHOA. This is ridiculous. What happened to the shared BS?

6. 17a_tailgater

me too i was expecting $1000-2000 for sideline mezz

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

someone should do the call as a new guy looking for upper deck seats and see what they offer you.... then maybe look at what they have on the site and THEN do it again. lets see what they really are holding back before and after.

i am looking to see if there is a rush of tickets at some point this year going onto stub hub. i am going to do the spreadsheet at the end of next week as i am wondering if after they do the relocate they drop a bunch of tix on stub hub. might even do it again the week after.

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

My guess which wouldn't shock me is the Jets pull something like they did with the PSLs. At one point they were selling all the corner end zone $5k PSL seats only to drop the other sections to $2.5k. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see the Jets move everyone down to the first 10 rows of the upper deck and then slash the prices from rows 15 and back by $30 a ticket in hopes to attract new ticketholders. This is just a guess but something that would not shock me one bit.

I think if prices in the UD were the same prices as the UD in the old place in 2009 ($75-$85) per ticket the upper deck would be sold out no problem.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Pretty good idea. The window is open for what, 3 days?

You could select, then call and make believe you're a newbie looking for Section XXX... maybe Row 5. See what they say. The only thing that might happen is, they shut you down immediately after you pick, knowing you might try something like that.

My guess is this is why they have the window. Trying to cut down on being exposed. I still thin a newbie calling on Monday looking for Upper Deck seats is going to get best available as an enticement to give them the credit card. It immediately gets "blocked off" as "taken" and you go online Ruesday and fine, lo and behold, the seats are unavailable. Surprise!

10. Section 227. Row 5

I'm thinking the same.

Everyone filters on down, then all reamining seats go on sale for like $70. Something they should have done from the Git-Go.

11. Section 227. Row 5

stfu. You were a newbie STHer with somewhat dubious seniority credentials that were passed on. (JK)

Get the fuck in line.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Where is Champ in all this? Surely he has an opinion.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Anyone notice how many empty seats there are at Yankee games this year compared to the last same time the last 2 years ? The newness of the place has worn off, people are not going to as many games. Its not because the place or team is crappy, its an economic decision and I am not taking about the Field seats, I am talking outfield and 3 & 4th levels. For Jet games, to pay what we pay to go to 8 real games and 2 fake games, with the inconvienient games ( night/thanksgiving) , I believe people are giving up there seats for financial reasons. Woody must be killing himself for not requireing a PSL from year one, even at $500 per seat things would be different and he would have still looked good comapred to the Giants. Before our first year, most people did not know how crappy most of the seats in the UD were, so it would have been his best chance to snag us old timers with a PSL and force most, if not all buyers, to keep there seats. He will never have that chance again, the word is out, the PRICE IS NOT RIGHT

#14173 sec314, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  14. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Sorry but so many baseball games!! Even a 20 game plan is alot!! Football is always greater than Baseball and will always be!

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I have said from the very beginning that I would NEVER give Woody 1 cent of MY money to paid to watch a losing FB team play. I am proud that I have so far fulfilled that promise to myself. If Woody decides to PSL the UD this STHer would be a former STHer the minute I heard about that change :sad:

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

All right Champ! We agree on that one. PSL up there and we're OUT. :beer::beer:

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

The Jets made it even worse when they kept telling all of us "Row 4 of the upper deck in the new place is the last row of the upper deck of the old place. It was their way to pull people into buying PSLs but also fucked up the upper deck situation since a lot of us went in saying this. We all would have noticed the view sucked but I think that line just made it even worse.

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I don't understand how the jets calculated who goes when for the seat relocation. How about listing what day and time you go and the year you started. Also, let us know if you relocated since your original location. Lets see if there is any rhyme or reason.

Day/time: Tuesday 2:30PM
    Year: 1981
    Relocation: Yes

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

STH from 1965

Tuesday 1230

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeap. I agree on that 100%