17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I really dont know? At the current time I cant give you an honest answer. This isnt a decision you make without thinking what you're getting into and what you're locked into.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

never, samsung LCD in the basement big guy

#14142 17a_tailgater, May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  3. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

True well my life is taking a rapid change getting kicked out of rents out still dont know why so may need to take out student loan to finish up masters and gotta get a place looking at hoboken and figuring out where to live...so would like to unload 4 this year....i can tell u this a broker is giving me 135 per game and a keep playoffs preseason he is buying tooat that priceso not too bad of investent make 400 for doing nothing i can tell u if u sell week to week u make more if they are a 9-7 or better team.......think about it and really think!

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I spoke to my account rep today and was told that open UD seats are being held for the current STH seat transfer process next week and new season ticket holders ARE NOT being given seats. I am optimistic that I can improve my seat location.

5. Jerseyboyisback

So your saying if someone calls up a new person amd wants upper deck seats they are gonna say hold on i cant give u these seats i have to wait any see if any past sth want to upgrade to them.......doubt it they sell them to new person

6. 17a_tailgater

don't be so gullible

ha ha BINGO!!!

7. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

The fact of the matter is if they dont upgrade you they already have your money. So why would they give you an UD upgraded seat and lose the chance to lure in a new customer. The NYJETS ticket office is not only a comedy show but a magical act as well.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

We have seen many instances, time and again, where no attention is given to the guy who takes what they say at face value and pays his bill.

The level of distrust now is incredible. But the even more incredible part is that they don't care and continue to fuel the level of distrust by pulling back door shenanigans all the time... almost on a weekly basis.

Tell you one thing, then it's something else. Constantly. The ONLY thing that works with them is to hold out. They want your money. Get what you can while you owe them, because once you pay, your account gets red flagged as somebody who gets almost zero consideration.

The relocation process this week is going to be interesting as hell. I think the early guys have a shot at some kind of an upgrade, and even after that as open seats trickle down, many others will get a slight bump and be relatively happy. But then I think later on it'll be almost worthless.

And through it all, I still think they will be holding out for the squeaky wheels and even newbies. The real kick in the teeth was when they initially gave me 342 Row 16 and told me that was teh best available, only to find out several months later that newbies were calling up and sitting in front of me. Totally unacceptable.

9. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

This is what happened to me. I have reason to be pissed.

What angers me even more is those who bought PSLs and never waited 1 day on a waiting list and think they deserve them because they paid the price. The NYJETS took my 20+ years of seniority as a season ticket holder all without a payment plans and pushed my seats further back.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I hope you are not getting a masters in writing.

11. Section 227. Row 5

It'll get even more interesting this summer.

After the relocations, then what? They'll have about 25% of the Upper Deck paid and seated. These are the guys that hung around one more year (after the 8-8) to see what they could get. I was SOOO close to cancelling, but at the last minute I said okay because of the upgrade. I'm sure there were some others who did this, but how many more just said "Screw this" and walked, like you. So I am estimating there are about 25% left.

Now they need to fill the other 75% of the Uppers. Everybody else took off because they either had crummy seats, hated the view, got sick of the bullshit or all of the above.

So this summer is going to be the REAL test... getting the rest of those seats filled. You an expect all kinds of giveaways to do this. We ain't seen nothin' yet. Military Discounts going to anybody who ever even recited the Pledge of Allegiance in school or attended a Memorial Day Parade, free parking, no Preseasons, free food passes, discount coupons for Sports Authority, you name it. And I want to see what kind of seats are left. They better not be lower row Uppers.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, you might say having a place to live might be a priority over buying a Jets PSL, but that's just me.

And having to take out a student loan now because you put a higher priority on buying a PSL is,... well.... I've tried in the past and gotten nowhere, so why do I want to waste the bandwidth now?

These are all terrific choices.

13. 17a_tailgater

things offered to upper deckers this year
    yellow parking
    1/2 price parking or signed football by revis or mangold
    10 coupons for 1/2 price on any food or beverage non alcoholic
    free roster cards informing of jets and away teams info
    $3 snack items such as preztels popcorn pulled pork sliders meatball parm sliders and chicken sliders
    family value meals for families of 4 for $35
    Seat upgrades

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Gotta be more than 25%. Gotta be more than 50%, no? My estimate, based on nothing, would be 65% filled.

They ought to offer us an extra discounted seat per account for our "stuff" - extra jackets, hats, $3 goddamn snacks, etc...

15. 17a_tailgater

just lower the price

end zone $65
    sidelines $75
    midfield $85
    prime $100

16. Section 227. Row 5

I have nothing to base it on either, but just reading some of the posts here this spring, there have been an awful lot of guys who bailed.

I don't know, but who in their right mind is going to buy Row 14 and up, except in the 4 Prime Sections and one or two sections on either side of them. After that, it must be pretty thin from 14 on up as you get to the corners and EZs.

I have no idea how they are going to get some of those upper seats filled. It's going to take some real arm-twisting.

17. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

That's not bad at all!! :up:

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Someone will buy them - but for only one season. That's the problem.

If I go back through this thread I'm sure I'll find my own posts being happy with my "three behind three" six EZ seats in row 8. I was happy - until I sat in the seats. The view, coupled with the Poisedon Adventure that was the 2010 game day weather, was a bad one-two punch. I cut my account in half, got moved to row 2 near the goal line, and now I'm not sure I like that so much either.

19. Jerseyboyisback

No taxation lol

20. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah well this is what I'm saying too.

I think you're right about maybe getting it filled up but not with STHers. It wouldn't surprise me if they have to sell game-by-game. People will be cherry-picking and that's all well and good until the season doesn't look so hot and maybe we're not going to the POs, and then look out below.

In Giants Stadium there wasn't a bad seat in the house and everyone knew it, so it would sell out. Now the word is out how ridiculously high and "removed from the game" the seats are up there. The more they sell individual games or seasons without the burden of Preseasons the more the public will get used to being able to cherry-pick adn this will become the norm.

It waters down all the ticket resale prices... Upper Deck mostly but not to exclude the PSL sections, b/c the word will get out that you can get through the turnstiles on the cheap and then play musical chairs downstairs and wind up sitting next to some schuck who paid a $10,000 PSL and $400 ticket price.

You bring in your bucket of KFC and toss the chicken bones all over the upper crust section.

#14160 Section 227. Row 5, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012