Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

This episode more than any in either season veered far off the plot in the book... I think thats why it suffered a bit. Still... the last two episodes in particular should be nothing short of epic. Not sure about this week upcoming... The timeline is all screwed up, some stuff is happening earlier than it should have and other stuff is happening later... and things are being omitted entirely...

2. akibud

akibud Active Member

I agree with you on the Nights Watch story being weak, but, now that John Snow is captured by the Wildlings I imagine that will get more interesting. The whole concept of the nights watch was kinda gay anyways.

The mother of dragons storyline is lame for sure, as her dragons are useless for a while. I imaging if they could rain down fire from the sky now, there would be so cool CGI stuff going on.

I did still like the episode, although it was a whole lot of filler, I am assuming that some important characters are about to have their heads separated from their bodies soon. As I am not going to read the books, I am openly speculating as if this is not predetermined.
    It would be nice to start a death pool f there was no book to give away the beheadings ahead of time. My guess for next head rolling is Theon..

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I liked the episode alot actually...Some great dialogue. I do think that there needs to be a big action sequence coming and well it is happening soon.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Bad news (from the Onion)

Game of Thrones Ruuning Out of Old Unkempt Men to Cast

LOS ANGELES—According to insider sources, the future of HBO's Game Of Thrones is currently in doubt, with the hit fantasy series facing a dire shortage of weather-beaten, bedraggled old men to cast. "A lot of the big crowd scenes in season two really depleted the available pool of greasy-haired bearded actors over 70, and for the sake of continuity we can't really reuse them," executive producer D.B. Weiss said Monday, stressing the importance of having a minimum of one new elderly and disheveled male character in every episode of the epic drama. "I honestly don't know what we're going to do. In the third season, we have at least a dozen war room meetings to film, and you can't shoot a war room meeting without having at least two or three poorly groomed old guys with big, tangly beards hanging around." The Game Of Thrones crisis is the latest in a series of casting woes to beleaguer HBO, which in March announced it had already used up its annual allocation of Steve Buscemi.

Also - I saw some initial reviews for the new GoT RPG game - and they were not good (at all). having been stung by shelling out the full price for the last one (which was mostly awful) I wont be rushing to get this.

5. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

This is disheartening. I am looking forward to this game, and I thought that having GRRM on board with story consultation would be what made it a good one -- but I saw the previews, and the graphics look sub par.

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I know - can you imagine a GoT themed Skyrim or similar :(

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Just absolute an epic music to end the last episode

[youtube]h9Tg2YkbhOg[/youtube]

8. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Skyrim is 2nd to none. I stoped playing cause Playoff hockey is consuming my life.

9. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I'm going to read the books once the TV show is over.

10. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I am going to name my 1st born bastard son John Snow.

11. colleen74

colleen74 Member

I started the first book and couldn't get into it and haven't gone back. I wish I could get into it, then maybe everything wouldn't be so damn confusing. I need one of you to come and watch it with me so I can pause it every 5 seconds and have you explain what is happening and who that person is and why it matters to us that they are doing whatever they are doing.

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

If I remember correctly, the reading starting out in book one was very slow until you pushed into it a ways and it began to pick up. The show initially is easier to digest when you have read the books.

13. xxedge72x

Yeah some portions of the tv show can take hundreds of pages in the book mostly because of the traveling and back story.

14. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Thinking about doing the same. Although that may be a few years from now.

I don't think following along is too difficult. At the beginning it is, but once you get through most of the first season, things make more sense. There are still times that I have to look up people's names when they get mentioned on forums like this, but otherwise I do quite well with following along.

15. xxedge72x

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Next week's episode is gonna be awesome

17. tubby

tubby Active Member

Jeyne (the girl Robb fucked last night) was fucking slamming.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

battle of blackwater son!!!!!!!

19. colleen74

colleen74 Member

I hope so, because after the last 2 I am starting to lose interest. ::::yawn::::

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Get past the Targyrens in exile and the Starks at the wall and you're good to go. I picked up the first book right after it was published and got bogged down at the start and couldn't keep it going. Then I had a long flight and I needed something to keep me sane and the book was sitting on the shelf so I grabbed it and 6 hours of enforced reading got me to where I couldn't put them down.

Took me two years to go from chapter 3 to 4, or something like that.