Tebow most wins , most TDs best QB rating of the 2010 Draft QB class

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, May 2, 2012.

1. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Who would get that honor for the 2007 draft class? Chad Henne? The fact is, some draft classes just suck so being the "best" from any particular class may or may not say much.

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

which is kind of my point... just because Tebow has better numbers than Bradford, doesn't mean they are great. Hell Sanchez numbers (outside passer rating) are more than twice Tebow in every catergory despite being drafted only one year earlier. Yet Tebow is being worshipped as the second coming, and Sanchez is utter trash.

These distinctions are not all that goes into a solid football player. Time will tell which is the better QB for the Jets.

3. dreamsfloatjoe

dreamsfloatjoe New Member

As it should be, according to the phophecy. :rofl:

4. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Ummm, you do know that in their first 16 starts, Tebow actually passed for more yards than Sanchez ? He also threw more TD passes ? He also threw fewer interceptions ?

5. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

The rushing stats count too, no?

6. Demosthenes9

Didn't want to shock them too badly. Yeah, I didn't even include the rushing stats :)

Passing stats:
    Sanchez: 2626 yards, 13 TDs and 20 Int's
    Tebow: 2754 yards, 17 TDs and 9 Int's

I'm pretty sure my numbers are correct. For Tebow, they include the 3 games he started in 2010, the 11 regular season starts of 2011 and the 2 playoff games. For Sanchez, it's the 15 regular season starts in 2009 plus the 1st playoff game.

If you want to add in rushing stats:

Sanchez: 104 yards, 3 TDs
    Tebow: 885 yards, 9 TDs.

Combining the two, you get this:

Sanchez 2730 combined yards, 16 combined TDs
    Tebow 3639 combined yards, 26 combined TDs.

**CAVEAT** Tebow's numbers are only from games he started, not games where he came in as a backup or in a special package.

#46 Demosthenes9, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  7. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

I think this proves the guy can't play QB in the NFL.

8. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Actually, what it really proves is that your average Tebot is definitely stupider than your average border collie or standard poodle. The two cretins quoted probably can't outthink your average pampered house cat.

9. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i would hope sanchez has twice the numbers tebow does, considering he has throwing 1400 passes compared to tebows 350.

Put any qb under the microscope that tebow is and you can find faults. be it sanchez, flacco, bradford, stafford, ryan, freeman, etc... if you want to find faults you can find them.

bottom line, in tebows 16 or so career starts, he has played well for a young player and showed alot of good signs. he has certainly not been terrible, especially when allowed to throw the ball.

everyone likes to harp on his accuracy, but really how are you supposed to get into a rhythm when you are only allowed to throw the ball 3 times per quarter??? with most of those throws coming in third and long?

in the 4th quarter, when allowed to throw, he has been much better:

1st 3 quarters:
    203 attempts, 70.9 qb rating,

4th quarters: 150 attempts, 82.9 QB rating

i dont care what anyone says... its definitely tougher trying to get in a rhythm and make throws consitently when you hardly ever get to throw 2 snaps in a row or even 2 snaps in a series. i think its no coincidence in the 4th, when they went 5 wide often, allowed him to throw more often, he did much much better.

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You have no idea what your talking about , I mean seriously dude, do 10 seconds of research. here let me educate you and lets set aside the fact that Sanchez has a lower career QB rating than Tebow (the following post was posted by a fellow forum member).

lets go with some facts and statistics. Since these things are concrete, they're not just right or wrong, they just are.

Mark Sanchez entered his third year in 2011 with 38 career starts under his belt. He started 16 games, here were his statistics (all include rushing and passing):

3577 Yards
    32 tds
    26 turnovers

Not bad. Mark progressed last year despite what a lot of the New York media has had to say. His total number of TDs was very nice, but the turnovers (especially the fumbles) were still way too high.

Tim Tebow in his short career has started 16 games. Here are his stats:

3757 yards
    26 tds
    16 turnovers

The two quarterbacks are comparable despite Sanchez having 38 more starts, and a better supporting cast on offense. Tebow generated about 200 yards more than Sanchez did. He had 6 less TDs with 10 less turnovers.

#50 CowboysFan, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  11. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Quit using logic...you'll hurt the heads of some posters around here.

12. TTTTebowAndTheJets

You too... :p

13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I guess you resort to name calling because you can't deal with facts.

Please argue with the numbers I posted and keep backing the guy who said Sanchez "doubled" Tebow's stats.

You two can form a Mensa sewing circle.

#53 CowboysFan, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
  14. Demosthenes9

Also known as...

When the facts show that you don't know what the hell you are talking about, and you really can't argue against them without looking like you are dumber than a farking brick.....

Then attack the person who presented the stats.

Awwwww, what's wrong sunshine ??? Is it farking up your world to realize that Tebow is nowhere near as bad as you thought ??

Bwahahahahaha.

15. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Dude ur a trip. The bottom line is Tebow is Sanchez's back up. U Tebow nuts can throw all the stats up you like but they don't mean shit..just ask Drew Brees,Aaron Rogers.

16. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I'm sorry that you don't know what a "cretin" is. That's what a dictionary is for. Use the one at reference.com to improve your vocabulary.

What, exactly, is a "sowing circle"? Is that related to a "crop circle"? :lol:

The only pertinent fact here is that despite how "good" you "proved" Tebow to be with your repetitive recitation of random stats, John Elway, a really good NFL QB in his day, sent Tebow packing for whatever he could get to whomever would take him as soon as he could manage it.

17. Remarker

Remarker Banned

John, bless his heart, was a very good prima donna, pocket passer, QB. It just so happens that NFL QBs are evolving into being more than yesteryear's, prima donna, pocket passers. The Jets seem to reallize that and are willing to take the heat that being a leader during a time of change, typically takes. To the Jets' benefit, the Broncos and Elway, aren't.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I heard this same phrase when Mike Vick entered the league and McNabb still had young legs, can you explain why you think its changing now?

As of right now there are 2 starting QB who are just more than pocket passers in Vick and Newton, and two up in the air when we see RG III and Big Ben. Big Ben is a stretch since he is closer to a pocket passer than Vick or Newton.

Genuinely asking, what makes you feel the shift is happening now? Because the same thing was being said with Vick on the Falcons and when he went into Green Bay and won a playoff game there.

19. Remarker

Remarker Banned

I think the highly athletic, agile, big, bruiser, good hands, pass throwing QBs are simply hard to find. Most of the time big bruiser athletes are encouraged to different positions than QB. That may be changing in the QB incubators, but for now it seems that the number of teams willing to 'test the theory' is increasing. To their benefit, IMO. Look at the benefits of a pass catching tight end, ie. Aaron Hernandez.

I believe the Sanchez/Tebow tandem will go miles toward breaking the mold.

#59 Remarker, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
  20. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Look, I am no Elway fan , but to say Elway was a good, pure pocket passer is a joke. Elway was one of the greatest scrambling QBs of all time. He had over 3000 yards rushing and 33tds. Also, he was not good, him, Montana, and Marino were considered the top three in the history of the NFL with Elway usually considered above Marino.

Didn't Timmy bruise a lung or something in the NE game? Would not have helped mich the next game would have he on the bench. Vick has also lost playing time to injuries. This type of play will never last in the NFL. Most QBs that play this way cannot even get through a season, let alone a career.