17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

We haven't seen anything yet. If anyone thinks last year was bad, wait until after the supposed emails go out and they realize sales are off 45% from last year at this time.

Last year we were coming off a decent run, this year we're coming off of 8-8. Last year we weren't coming off of locker room disharmony and a QB controversy. This year it's Tebow Time. Last year the STHers still had a shred of trust in the ticket office, this year they know the snake very well and remember the flooding of the StubHub market and giving people deals at the last minute (like no preseasons and cherry picking games).

Oh yeah, this summer is going to be very interesting. Get ready for non-stop, give-away, discount offers on tickets and "special deals." Bob Barker reincarnate from "Let's Make a Deal."

"17a, COME ON DOWN!"

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i need 6 together.so its tough for me to try the cancel and reorder path.
    anyone getting 4 can do it. 2 seats forget it you can name your seat

3. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah 4 is tough, I can only imagine with 6.

But you are in a good spot dollar-wise, right next to the more expensive section. It doesn't pay to get moved 5 yards closer to the 50 and then shell out the extra $$$. Closer to the rail, yes.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

im in the $95 next to the $105 low row aisle i would only move if i got the $105 near the $125 low row and aisle again. i really don't have to move

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I have 4 tickets in section 340/8 with my friends. One friends kid is going to University of Rhode Island so we decided to cancel the one ticket. I took the 4 month plan to get 50% off parking. Called the Jets and we decided since we have seats 13-16 and our friend has 11-12 we would ask to give back seat 13 figuring its between us so someone on either end of the row could NOT grab it and add it to there seats. We want the seat back in 4 years, plan on using it to pile food and jackets on the chair and during the holiday's his son can sit there. Things were going well until he told me that he would call me back because there was no seats left open in the row except for the one we were returning, and policy is to relocate the remaning seats to another section because they can't sell one seat. The first thing that came to mind was you guys have more to worry about then one seat in the UD but we just told him we are STH's for 31 years and we are not moving period!!! We love our seats. After 15 min. he called me back and received approval to delete seat 13 from my account. Got to admit, the Jets were great about it. And now his son can come to a few games and sit in his seat which will be ready for him in 4 years and be very useful to us. PS, I was told no Upper primes are available not that I want to pay an extra $20 per game, figured I would see what they say.

#13925 sec314, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  6. Section 227. Row 5

It's harder for me to upgrade now also. I'm in Row 2 Upper Prime Sideline near the 15. The only move that makes sense is closer to the 50 or Row 1, and I need 4. Not too many people giving up those kind of PSL-free seats, that was the problem.

I never used to be one to call and push for better seats. I sat in Section 227, Row 5 from 1985 until the last season in Giants Stadium. I know pwope who pushed for upgrades, but not me. I was always happy right where I was and knew everybody in my row and in front and behind.

Then they broke up that crew and with all the shafting the Ticket Office gave us, my attitude is completely different. Now its, "Yeah I know I'm close but I want closer. Go look." I have no problem giving them shit back again now just on principle. If I can move 3 seats over I will, just for the hell of it.

7. Section 227. Row 5

No, there are desperate and you put your foot down.

They don't do squat unless they HAVE to.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Section 340 is $105, right next door is the $125 seats. I would never move one section over for $20 extra unless they put me in row 2-4.

#13928 sec314, May 3, 2012
  9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I never sweated it, I knew they would waive it, they were just playing games to make it appear they are respecting my seniorty and I am special. I would have gone off on them if they made me move for real and would escalted it until Woody got on the phone. But of course, billing wise, they were clueless and told me I would get a credit and they would bill me for the price of 3 tickets divided by 4 payments instead of making May 15 my final payment since I paid for 2 tickets already. I can't believe they let me return seat 13 right in the middle of 2 accounts. Idiots

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Also, they told me we will get an e-mail with instructions and a link which will open a diagram of all the available seats and just like an airline flight, you will be able to select you seat assignments. And everyone will have a 24/36 hrs.. window with different dates/times to make those selections. And no prime seats in the UD, even in the end zone so for someone like me who sits in row 8, my only real upgrade would be aisle seats because row 5 has rails in front and its not worth it to move 1 or 2 rows. Sounds like its gonna be a big waste of time and something to make STH's feel like the Jets have your back. Meanwhile, its gonna make the fans pissed and a typical jet cluster fucz.

#13930 sec314, May 3, 2012
  11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its a shame they force people to be like that. i am one who really doesnt complain about what i have, like you are. i just accept it and make the best of it.

they are making people be different from their personality. just like verizon and the cable company and every other motherfucker out there that doesnt do shit for the loyal customer.

i have a friend who used to drive me crazy because he would spend an hour on the phone bitching at verizon over something HE screwed up and end up not having to pay and getting a cheaper monthly plan with unlimited minutes. real douchey stuff... but they created people like him. you dont get shit from these bastards unless you make their lives completely fucking untolerable.

12. Section 227. Row 5

My attitude is, they started this. They made the decision to make it this way. All I wanted was a view like I had before. Never complained, never asked for upgrades, never withheld my payment... they always received mine on time, every single time. And thru all the losing seasons.

Things are different now. They made this an all-out war. So bring it on.

I'll never get tired of telling the story of how the New York Jets fucked over the most loyal fan base any team in the NFL could ever have, especially since they haven't won a SB in 43 years. Fucked them over like they were nothing.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

" They drew first blood " :lol:

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i love the effort you put into sticking it to them! i am that way with anything and everything nfl at this point. fuck them they can eat a fat one they aint getting my money!

i just wish they didnt do shit like they have done to really piss people who are normally very nice and patient off to the point that we enjoy sticking it to them in any way we can.

15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

We're so similar in that regard. Before this stadium was built, 30 friggin' years going to practically every game - end zone seats, but lower level under the roof. Were there better views? Of course! But we just renewed and renewed without complaint. Added two seats from the four at Shea, and held six on the account for YEARS, Coslet, Kotite, Fake Spike, all of that. We were loyal as can be, and to their credit, they were loyal to us. Yes, prices went up, but I never felt abused or taken advantage of until New Meadowlands Stadium appeared. Sooo many shenanigans. Let's not forget the parking fiasco, and the sham "upgrades" orange, yellow, wtf?

Last year I got rid of half my seats because the value was diminished so much by the stadium experience it really started to hurt when tickets weren't used, preseason, etc. I held out for the upgrade last year and was doing it again this year when I had a moment of weakness and allowed them to convince me I'd get closer to the 50 with this seniority airplane seating thing. It ain't happening. They got my check though.

#13935 LogeSection2RowJ, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Nah I disagree with U. After last season all the old timers from the LL who were given 1st dibs by Woody & scooped up those row 1 UD seats will moost like release them for the 2012 season. So if the tix office did not give them all away they will be available when the NYJs contact U for ur upgrade :sad:

17. Section 227. Row 5

Interesting, isn't it?

What was supposed to be an exciting experience turned out to be our worst nightmare. What I had imagined would be a fun NY Jets change for my family turned out to be the most exasperating, degrading, annoying, aggrevating and expensive sports experience I've ever had.

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Then again I ask why dud U reup if all it does is frustrated & aggravate U? Normally when something you pay ur good hard earned money for does not satisfy U U normally do not go back to it & again get aggravated all over again? :sad:

19. Section 227. Row 5

I can probably ask you the same question. You constantly harp that we haven't won a SB in 43 years and counting, so why do you even bother to buy break-even tickets that you sell to your "tenants?"

The answer is, because we're Jets fans. Gluttons for punishment. Masochistic to the core.

20. Section 227. Row 5

I disagree with your disagreement.

UD Primes are not being released very easily, that's IF I can believe whatever rep I dealt with (I must hold the record for number of reps.... I've dealt with literally a dozen or more, no lie).

According to the latest voice on the phone, Row Ones and Twos and all the UD Primes on the Sidelines are not being given up very easily. If you have a Row One already, good luck trying to move to another Row One. I tend to believe this guy (this time) on that because it makes sense. Nobody is giving up UD Row One Prime Sidelines. Why would they? They're the only seats in the house in the first row without a PSL attached and you can walk whenever you want.

I'll say this, though. Losing seasons are probably a good time to be asking for an upgrade. Now, 8-8 is not a losing season, but it probably seems that way to many of the newbies who bought into RR's SB-Playoff-New Stadium BS. So to them, we had a "losing" season. Not to me or guys like Champ, mind you, who know what a REAL losing season feels like.

So yeah, will things loosen up this spring? Probably. So here's a very good suggestion from 227:

If you don't see the upgrade you are looking for on their "secret, only-you-accessable" seating chart, and nothing looks available, IMMEDIATELY pick up the phone and get a dirty rotten scoundrel... er... excuse me again.. "sales rep" on the phone and tell him how upset you are. Tell him you paid your bill like the good, loyal Jets Fan that you are and were "promised" you'd find an upgrade, and now you can't. Ask him if there's anything he can do.

Make these fucking worthless dirtbags (oh boy... sales reps) work for their money and give you something better than what's shown on their "exclusive, for your eyes only" seating chart.

Chances are, you push the right buttons and you get a small upgrade.

And now you have to do that year after year. Never had to do that before, but you do now if you don't want them to keep on screwing you and putting newbies 5 rows in front of you and 2 sections closer to the 50.

#13940 Section 227. Row 5, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012