Tebow most wins , most TDs best QB rating of the 2010 Draft QB class

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, May 2, 2012.

1. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

What, exactly, does this have to do with Timmie and Vince and their scintillating win-loss records?

2. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Really? Roethlisberger took the Stillers to a 15-1 record in 2004. In 2005, he took them to a Super Bowl win. Eli was as streaky and inconsistent then as he's been most of career up until 2011.

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Agreed. Wins are a better indicator than stats. Good point.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

DITKA...

wait - the Hurricane's name is Hurricane Ditka...

5. Remarker

Remarker Banned

I never liked Eli either, but it's more because of Archie. Archie never lived up to the hype IMO and the Manning younguns were hyped big time. I took great pleasure in Peyton never beating the Gators and experienced great dispare when Eli beat us. In hind sight, the Miss. St. win was clearly due to Coach Mullens expertise. I still haven't figured out how the Giants won the SB this year, as Eli still fails to impress me and Coach Coughlin never has impressed me.

#25 Remarker, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  6. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

When the win is the Super Bowl, yeah, it is. Besides, aren't "wins" what all you Tebots point to in support of your hero?

In reality, Roethlisberger put up decent stats for a rookie QB in 2004. He put up better stats in 2005. He demonstrated both consistency and leadership, and it was his leadership that made him a key component in the Stillers SB win.

OTOH, Manning was E Manning: brilliant one game, horrible the next 2, then another streak of brilliance. That was EM's personna as an NFL QB until 2011. Every time he looked to be ready to break out, he'd come apart in some game. He was repeatedly criticized for "getting down on himself" or for his "hangdog expression". Once Rivers started playing, Eli was generally considered to be only the third best QB from his draft class.

Nobody ever questioned Eli's physical ability, it was his mental toughness that was questionable whereas Roethlisberger's physical and mental toughness were never questioned from the get-go. That was especially so after the 2006 SB.

7. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Most Teebo fans, cult followers, or whatever you want to call us (we will answer to worse,,, asshole being my personal favorite) need proof too. It's just that we have been watching "proof" for several years now.

We, like other Jets' fans, want more "proof" too. If Tim fails, which is incomprehensible to many of us, we Tebowites will take it the hardest. We want Tim to rock the NFL world like he has rocked every football world he has been a part of.

:beer: Here's to you hoping for Tim's success too, as Tim being successful means the Jets benefit.

#27 Remarker, May 3, 2012
  8. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

A great defensive game both times, but especially this last one. Both wins over NE have been because the Gnats were able to get after Brady by rushing only 4 guys so they could keep his targets covered, thus shutting down the NE offense. It was less Eli than the Gnats D.

Brady, more than other elite/top QBs currently in the league, doesn't seem to function well when he's bothered in the pocket. Brees, Rodgers, and Roethlisberger all stand in and fire away with rushers all around them, and they look almost as good as they do when they have a clean pocket if they can get the ball away. Brady, OTOH, looks pretty ordinary when he can't stand back and fire away at will.

9. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Yep yep, I think you are correct.

A little side bar; I'm encouraged by Rex getting more involved in our defense this year. I bet Tim has already challenged him to the 'bench'. He does crap like that, hehe.

10. awells05

awells05 New Member

I believe all of this to be 100% accurate!

So I guess my question becomes if this is all true. What part of Tebow do you not like?

11. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Ditka. But it would be close.

12. VanderbiltJets

Am I the one that began rooting for a new team and called for him to start over Sanchez (whether immediately or inevitably)? Regardless of what Tebow has or hasn't done he's still relatively unproven and less qualified to start week 1 than Mark.

13. VanderbiltJets

Because Big Ben definitely didn't get carried by his supporting cast and defense...

14. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I don't think there's any rational scenario where Tebow is just plunked in as the starter over Sanchez. That just wouldn't happen, doesn't happen, and you're right -- Tebow hasn't done enough to warrant that to date.

The hypothesis is that he's, you know, good. And that subsquent developments happen in a way that he ends up starting.

Yes, you may fervently believe that Mark Sanchez will start for this team the next 10 years. I understand the optimism. But I don't consider that likely at this point. I wish him the best, and he may crank it up a notch this year and next.

So, assuming that Mark may not be as good as some Jets fan hope, there is an opportunity for Tebow (or someone else) to get a shot starting for the Jets. Could be mid-year, could be next year.

It's not far-fetched. It is thoroughly plausible. To completely discount it, one has to be one of the "Oh no, Tebow is garbage" camp. I'm not in that camp. I think he's great.

15. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Not being a Tebot, I don't like anything about Tebow as a QB. Having the desire to succeed isn't much good when you just don't have the physical ability to be a success at it. He seems like a decent person, though.

16. VanderbiltJets

Hell no I don't. I think it's more likely that, in 4 years, neither Tebow nor Sanchez is a Jet.

17. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Seriously? Tebow is "good"? :lol: The only reason that Tebow is on the Jests is because Sanchez pretty much sucked last season, and the Jests' FO saw an opportunity to divert attention away from his suckiness this season.

18. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Hey know what I just noticed about those statistics? Mark Sanchez has the same thing going on for the class of 2009.

As for winning goes? 3rd most wins all-time by a QB in his first three years behind Dan Marino and Joe Flacco.

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

well I did say my gut told me Ben but the questions was at the start of 2006 right?

20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Your right , I was being a jerk, my bad. I'll be cool going forward.

#40 CowboysFan, May 3, 2012