Maybins Getting Fat (not really)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, May 1, 2012.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Wish I had maybins metabolism! But my Expectations are low for him keeping it on during season... The track record is there. But he did make some plays at 220.... So we'll see

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

what i dont understand is why we have bills fan at a jets forum. with that aside, aaron maybin putting on weight would be a huge boost to this defense. he wouldn't be a liability in run stopping anymore and could still rush the passer. i know its a tough feat, but i still think he can do it as i think he is more motivated (maybe him getting those 6 sacks has given him more confidence and has resulted in him being "thirsty" for more sacks)

imagine now our front 7 with aaron maybin being a capable OLB? we could honestly compete for top 3 defense in the league

3. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Lol... WHAT?

4. Bills over Jets

LOL I'm not showing you dick. Do your own internet research. I thought I was helping out and giving you guys info that this has been the story of Maybin's life, and you shouldn't get too excited over it. That is all.

5. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

As others have said, Maybin was playing at around 220 last season. The dude looked like a rail. If he can maintain 250 then he could be a real force for us. Easier said than done during the season though, what with practices and games burning all of those calories.

Also lol @ the BS about him physically not being able to maintain the weight. You eat enough and you will gain weight, that's a fact. He just needs to eat enough. It's not like he physically has a condition that limits the calories and nutrients he can get from food, he just needs to eat enough. Whether he can do that consistently is entirely up to him.

You bills fans have obviously never lifted or ate seriously, post a picture of either of your physiques and if you're jacked I'll ban myself from this forum for a month.

#25 REVISion, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  6. Bills over Jets

I don't know about any of the other Bills fans on this site, but I joined because Jets fans seem to have this uncanny characteristic that I haven't seen on any other team forums. Jet's fans, for some reason or another, take small things and blow them up to think they are the greatest things in the world. I joined to bring people back down to reality. The irony is, you displayed it in the very same post.

:rofl2:

#26 Bills over Jets, May 2, 2012
  7. ugggghhh

ugggghhh New Member

Considering they've had a top 5 defense the last few years, if they could get a good OLB, something they've been missing, I dont think it's a stretch to say they could have a top 3 defense

8. Bills over Jets

Dude... I don't know what else to tell you. We saw this story for 3 or 4 straight seasons. He can't gain weight. You all keep saying "eat and get fat" and that has nothing to do with what we're talking about. If you want the guy to sit on the couch and eat donuts all day fine. But he's playing in one of the most conditioned athlete leagues in all of the world. He doesn't need to gain bad fat, he needs to gain good fat and muscle.

I'm not here to give an opinion. I'm just telling you that we've all been through this, and Aaron has come out and said he's been this way his whole life and its just not possible for him to maintain that weight. Not sure why you are arguing or getting defensive over this.

9. Bills over Jets

Because you took "Aaron Maybin trying to gain weight" all the way to imagining a top 3 defense in the NFL all in one thought LOL.

10. ugggghhh

ugggghhh New Member

I actually didn't have anything to do with any of this talk. I'm just saying take a top 5 defense and add a good player at a huge position of need, and that can easily create a top 3 defense.

11. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Plenty of skinny guys think they "just can't gain weight" no matter how hard they try. It's also known as being a "hardgainer". In reality it's BS, I know firsthand from my own experience of going from being a skinny toothpick to fairly well built. I used to bitch and moan about not being able to gain weight when the fact of the matter was I simply wasn't eating enough or lifting properly.

I've never heard of someone being physically unable to gain/maintain weight, given enough calories/day. It's simple biology, really. What you're referring to doesn't exist, it's not as if Aaron Maybin physically can't get to 250lbs and maintain it, if it was, he wouldn't be able to get that heavy in the first place which is obviously not the case because he HAS been that heavy, he just needs to eat enough consistently to maintain it through practices and games during the season.

I'm hoping the success he tasted last season will fuel him to be more disciplined in his eating and lifting, and will drive him to finally live up to his potential.

12. ROCaMOB

ROCaMOB New Member

Yeah it's hard to believe a team thats been near the top of the league in defense over the past 3 seasons could be there again.

However - its not hard to believe the bills can go from 29th to top 5 by adding mario Williams and mark Anderson (aka aaron maybin). To team up with the most overrated DT in football - kyle williams and their first round pick from 2011 that showed up for about 5 games last year.

Oh and that "stud" cb out of south carolina who they just drafted. The guy who looked like someone kicked his dog when he heard " and the bills select..."

13. Bills over Jets

I mean, all I know is:

-Maybin has been trying to gain weight dating back to his freshman days at Penn State.
    -He has had world class trainers, lifted like crazy, and eaten like crazy.
    -Professional doctors have told him that for his body, it is just not possible.
    -He has never been able to maintain that weight.

But now:

-REVISion on the NY jets message board is telling me that its possible.

Forgive me, but I think I'll stick with the professionals.

14. Bills over Jets

When have I ever claimed the Bills defense would rank in the top 5? How about top 10?

15. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

lolwhat?

This is one of the most idiotic retarded things I have ever heard in my life.

Have you ever taken a basic nutrition class ? Its possible for him to weigh 230, 242 pounds, but not 250 ?

Its called calories in calories out brah

If he wants to bulk up eat more calories

Its really THAT simple

16. Bills over Jets

Follow the rest of the thread, "brah."

17. ROCaMOB

ROCaMOB New Member

You are right. I'm sorry. Since I'm from Western NY I must have gotten you confused with all of the other Bills trolls in my life.

I do find it funny that you say you come here to bring jets fans back down to earth. Well I hope they are keeping you in check in your little Blow me Buffalo message boards. Since no one cares about the Bills - I doubt that they are. So here goes...

Let's start with the Glory Days of "we lost 4 straight super bowls, blah blah blah." Well during that 4 year span fans across the country witnessed one of the greates playoff games ever. The Bills coming back from down 35-3 in the first half, only to beat the Oilers on a game winning kick. Do you know who didn't witness that? All but about 60,000 Western New Yorkers. Why? Because they couldn't even sell out a HOME PLAYOFF GAME. This was the year of their second super bowl run.

I guess I'll just list the rest...

1. Music City Miracle was your last playoff game
    2. The fact that the Music City Miracle happened in the 90's
    3. Horrid front office since BP left
    4. Worst draft by any team over the past decade. And that's not even close.
    5. You have to over pay players to come to that crappy City.
    6. Now that you've shown you will overpay free agents I'm sure Ralph will have to pony up for his current players.
    7. Ralph wont pony up.
    8. Your first round pick would rather be home playing video games with his buddies than sitting at radio city hearing he was drafted by the Bills.
    9. Former 1st round pick Aaron Maybin is playing well on another team.
    10. Jason Pieters, Marshawn Lynch, Willis McGahee (see number 9)
    11. Your Hotels suck
    12. And last but not least Scott Norwood

You hit earth yet? Because I can keep going

18. Bills over Jets

LOL, what the hell are you talking about? Step away from the ledge dude.

Not sure why you are THAT mad. Is it because Billy B has been bending you over for the better part of the last decade? That's at least what I gather from around this board. The anger and envy you all have of the patriots is overwhelming.

All franchises have their ups and downs (I don't have to tell Jets fans that). The Bills have made the playoffs more than the Jets. This last decade was our down period, now the tide will turn.

#38 Bills over Jets, May 2, 2012
  19. ROCaMOB

ROCaMOB New Member

Wow -- don't know what BB has to do with this thread but if you want to go there..... Congrats on the first time beating BB in almost a decade. But it's the Jets he's been bending over. Got it.

Not mad at all. Just bringing you back down to reality. A cold gray crappy reality called Buffalo.

The people who should be mad are the handfull of Bills fans that come to this site with some actual insight. You are a douche troll with nothing better to do. Go crawl back into Duff's with your fat ugly wife and stuff your face with chicken wings and beef on wick.

20. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I did, and it constituted you making up some pretend disease stating that Maybin is incapable of gaining weight.

And at no point did you ever link any kind of article/shred of evidence to support this ludacris claim

Hell you didnt name this imaginary disease, im disappointed