How do our three biggest holes not get addressed?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DepressedJet, Apr 29, 2012.

1. You can't seriously be suggesting that Ducasse lacks talent b/c if you are you've lost all credibility with me & are clearly here to ruffle feathers & nothing more.

2. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Sigh.... I'm fucking worried. Why didn't we draft a RT? It was our biggest need on offense. I hope they get someone soon or we could be looking at another 8-8 record.

3. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Ducasse has the feet, and that's about it. He's not strong enough to handle NFL players and hasn't seemed intelligent enough so far to show he even remotely knows what he's doing.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I believe KurttheJetsFan will have a much more informative post since studies the offensive line, but Vlad is strong enough to handle NFL players, he threw Ngata to the ground like a rag doll. Vlad in my opinion had trouble picking out who block and when to help. He got confused and seemed lost right away, but this past year in smaller doses Vlad looked better.

5. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

to the OP: ok we signed Landry and we drafted 2 pretty good safeties (both could be starting caliber safeties down the line). We needed a #2 WR and we drafted possibly the 2nd or 3rd best receiver in the draft. Needed a pass rusher and we got one of the best ones in the draft. We drafted a speedy, athletic LB who is a potential starter. Tackle was a need but we are gonna see how Hunter and Vlad pan out in the new system (Im still not convinced that Vlad is a complete bust yet). Id say our needs have pretty much been met so stop your bitching holy shit....

#65 dmarz45, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  6. DepressedJet

DepressedJet Banned

I officially dub this board the Eric Smith, Wayne Hunter, Matt Mulligan, and Vlad Ducasse fan club.

7. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

go away dude... just shut your mouth..

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

.. and I dub you a attention whoring, whiner, with little to no football knowledge. If you hate the board so much, do us all a favor and stop posting here.

9. GATA

GATA Member

You are like the most bitter man on the earth if the Jets have made such shitty decisions go elsewhere I'm sure there's space in the Giants Fan Club

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Not strong enough? You have no clue what you're talking about.

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The only thing we really didn't address is RT. Surprising, but the coaches and staff felt like we had more important needs. We signed a DE and OLB, so we definitely addressed pass rushing and solidified the D line, and Coples could play OLB if needed. We signed a couple safeties in the late rounds, and we'll probably bring back Leonhard, and sign a cheap RT to compete with Hunter and Ducasse. I just hope to god that we don't have another swiss cheese injury prone Oline this year. I mean Slauson was playing hurt most of the year, which affected Ferguson. Hunter was just crappy, Moore was decent but starting to wear down. Even Mangold had some uncharacteristic mistakes this year that killed us. Next year I expect at least 2 early oline picks if Vlad doesn't emerge and become the beast he should be.

Our d line is very young now, and is set to be young for years to come.

Maybin, Coples, Ellis, Wilkerson, Davis. Then we have Pouha and Harris to hold em together. I'm hyped about our d this year, and I don't think stopping the run is going to be an issue, plus we'll have much heavier pressure on the QB.

Now we just need our offense to score 17+ per game and we'll be set.

#71 Barcs, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

True. I didn't say Hill was going to light it up starting this September. I do expect him to be contributing in his second year. However, Just having Hill out there will mean his job is done. It will stretch the field. Couple of deep shots and the Jets will get what they want from Hill, which is to open up the field for the run game.

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

It was our second biggest need on offense ONLY if we were going to be a pass happy team again this year. But we aren't. A speedy #2 WR was our biggest need on offense to help stretch the field for the run game. Hunter is a reliable RT on running plays. Its not the worst case scenario here.

14. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Ever thought with better WR's we will see less blitz's of 4+ and hopefully our TE's FB's HB's pass block better

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Lol, Ducasse is not strong enough in the NFL? I don't think its his strength thats the issue. He's a beast, just needs to learn the techniques. You said Mike Adams needs technique, but Ducasse isn't even strong enough. Mike's Bench Press was 19 (225lbs). Ducasse was at 29. Does that wow you at yourself, or at Ducasse?

16. Bills over Jets

Ducasse probably has high bench press numbers because he's spent so much time picking himself up off the ground.

17. Bills over Jets

What good is a speed receiver for deep routes when your QB doesn't get the time to throw one?

18. FrankWhite

FrankWhite New Member

That's funny. I'd love to see you come up with some clips of Ducasse getting put on the ground by a defender. He has been bad because he has a low football IQ, not because he isn't strong enough to hold his own. Do you even know who Ducasse is?

Vlad has all the physical tools. He just has to put it together.. Probably won't happen but who knows.

19. Bills over Jets

I like Ducasse better than Hunter. IMO, Ducasse has to start this year at RT. Hunter has reached his max, you know what you're getting with him, and its awful. Ducasse is equally as awful, but he's not yet reached his peak. IMO, you have to at least give Vlad a chance and maybe he comes through. We all know Hunter's not going to turn it around.

20. FrankWhite

FrankWhite New Member

I agree and I think Vlad is going to be given the job. They also like Austin Howard and he will be in the mix as well.