Welcome to the Jets, LB Demario Davis!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Apr 27, 2012.

1. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Inside linebacker on the strong side

2. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

I am expecting to see him a lot versus the patriots.

3. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Went into this thread thinking we should've taken Massie. I had no idea who Demario Davis from Arkansas St. was so the pick was surprising.
    After seeing his highlight video and scouting report I'm 100% sold on this move.
    Davis really looks the part of that guy who'd go a lot higher if he went to say Arkansas instead of Arkansas state. We need a big linebacker who can get the damn running back and Davis has an opportunity to be that guy

4. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Like most here wanted Massie. After watching the tape I'm very intrigued by this guy. Has great explosion to the ball. When he hits a guy they go down. Granted it's a small school but I'm very impressed by what I've seen.

5. SeattleJet

SeattleJet Active Member

Rex said after the season was over that the team needed speed. So far, he was true to his word. Both O and D got faster.

6. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Jets' practices should be fun!!! Demario Davis meet John Conner....Boom!

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

More like... Shonn Greene meet Demario Davis....OH SHIT MY RIBS!

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

So glad he’s our #1 back on this ground and pound team... oh wait.

9. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

After watching his highlight film, I feel better about the pick.

On espn it said he was the 2nd leading tackler on his team, whatever that piece of info is worth.

10. al_toon_88

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but LaMichael James would have been a good pick. I guess Joe McKnight will be the 3rd down back.

11. abyzmul

If by 3rd down back you mean Punt Returner that gets 3 other reps outside of special teams...

HEY THIS GUY HAS A LOTTERY TICKET STAPLED TO HIS FOREHEAD!

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

He was long gone by our 3rd round pick?

And Joe is going to have to step up... I hope he’s given the chance, because I dont think Greene is anything special. At least McKnight could bring an explosive element to our offense.

13. abyzmul

Oh, by the way, I would trade my Challenger for the opportunity to smash Kurt Warner and Tom Waddle's heads together. Yeah, Hemi SRT. They are both intolerable cunts.

14. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

15. al_toon_88

Who else can catch passes out of our backfield? Shonn Greene and Bilal Powell?

McKnight was ok last year when given his opportunities. And he got a lot more than 3 reps in games that counted -- with LT still on the team -- so I don't know what you're talking about.

16. SeattleJet

SeattleJet Active Member

The link doesn't work in desktop PC. That link is for smartphones - and not all smartphones will work either...

NEway, like you, I am very excited about this pick.

17. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Jene Bramel of FootballGuys has a good writeup on him when listing the top LBs in the draft.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=638718

If this is true, this is exactly the guy the type of player the Jets need to play with Harris, a rangier guy who finally adds some speed to our front 7. This move, if he progresses at all, should spell the end of Bart Scott as a Jet after this year.

I do hate when we draft special teamers early, but he looks good on tape, and he's very athletic. I hate the idea of drafting special teamers early, but it is a bonus.

#137 Jetfanmack, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  18. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Now are you starting to see why Tannenbaum decided to keep Wayne Hunter on the roster? Just because someone carries a load of shit around when they have to doesn't mean they don't know it stinks.

19. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Davis seems like a weak tackler. Hopefully, part of that is a product of Sun Belt coaching. This guy has a lot of tools, strength, speed, explosiveness, hit power. Using him in special teams while coaching him up, I like it.

I also like that he's considered a high class player. We need more of those. We don't need to go back to Mangini-style (though his drafts were pretty solid), but we need to have guys that hold others accountable. Just like Tebow, I'm not expecting them to step in and be leaders, but every guy that we add to the locker room who is a hard working, accountable, team-first player is a positive.

20. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Watching the clips has made me feel better about the pick. This kid is so fast & looks like he can hang with the TE in pass coverage. First year as special team player & coming in on obvious passing downs is my guess. Hopefully, one season in this role + one offseason is enough to prep him into starting LB by next season. Rex knows LB so I'll assume Rex saw something in this kid before Tanny made the pick.