Welcome to the Jets, LB Demario Davis!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Apr 27, 2012.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Exactly. They obviously like him better at LB then any of the RT's out there. Massie still hasn't been picked.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Bart Scott started his career at OLB. Undersized, even. This guy may begin his career outside, but Rex knows better than to pigeonhole a player better suited inside.

3. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Rex is gonna have the defense he wanted. Speed now.

4. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Tannenbaum said he'll be an ILB. He prefaced it by saying Scott isn't going anywhere. Sounds like he'll be on the field for special teams, and obvious passing downs this year.

5. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

He's an ILB and will most likely be the starter in 2013, great pick yeah we didn't get Massie but any RT we end up with will be better than Hunter.....right?

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dude, fuck Mel Kiper and fuck the combine. I like this pick but those two factors suck by themselves.

7. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Milk thru my nose of this one

8. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Loveeee this pick. Kid is fast, tenacious, hard hitting and is a natural born leader. He will be a fan favorite by week 4!!!

Excellent pick.

9. GA Jets

GA Jets New Member

ilb and wr were not big needs??????????? We only have 1 proven WR on the roster and Scott has lost a step and is only going to be on this team because his salary is guaranteed! Davis brings a lot more speed to our defense and someone who could help in coverage of TE's (in case you didn't notice they ate us alive last season). Granted we need a OLB and S in a bad way, we do not have a FS on the roster. The front office must feel better than the rest of us about Vlad (his development has been hampered because he has not been able to participate in an off season program yet).

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Umm..no...last year we got Ducasse....

11. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

We lacked speed and playmaking ability from the LB core last year, how could you not like this pick. I LOVE the Jets 2nd and 3rd round picks. We drafted Ducasse in the 2nd rd and we knew he was a project..this is his year to prove himself, I would not go an use a 2nd or 3rd again on the same position. We just got younger, faster and more athletic and the LB position...guy is all over the field..solid draft so far! Although I would have not minded a Safety either.

12. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me!

13. milo

milo Well-Known Member

It's time everybody just deals with the fact that they're going in a different direction to fix the O-line.

Maybe they really believe Sparano can fix it (he is an O-line coach and runs a man-scheme)

Maybe they really think Vlad can develop, or Hunter can look like he did in the playoffs.

They're not drafting a legit replacement. They're not signing a legit replacement.

DEAL WITH IT.

In the meantime we got a beast wideout, a pretty sweet LB and a potential 10 year D-line starter.

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

They still have all the way til September if they want to sign one.

15. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

This guy was BPA from the Jets POV.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah, it only destroyed last season for us and by the time we knew that was happening we had no options to fix the problem. This year will be worse because we're not having $8 million in cap sitting around at the point we know RT is a disaster area.

If we do anything next year it will likely be because of the defense. The offense is going to be a disaster area again.

17. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I'm not saying I agree with them not fixing it through the draft or FA, I'm just saying I think they have so much faith in Sparano that they never planned to fix it one of those two ways - not since the day Sparano walked in the door.

They've had every chance to do it, including a few in the last two days handed to them on a silver platter, and they're talking like it wasn't even a passing thought.

So to me, at this point, THEY think they're okay, and probably have since Schotty got shown the door.

18. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

#78 Run_N_gun10, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  19. tfineZ

tfineZ Member

20. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Only if injury strikes....This guy is defensive player of the draft....see the highlights. Tape don't lie.