17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Bumped awaiting for reply

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The trap is now set and baited.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I'm hoping one of our sixth round picks turns out to be what Champ is optimistic about. So, I'll need to wait until Saturday night.

4. championjets69

Who says I was optimistic just because we drafted some new blood

5. championjets69

[Deleted for incorrect reference

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

ha ha lol:lol:

7. championjets69

Well still awaiting your reply

8. championjets69

Well R U ever going to respond me about your accusation :sad:

9. LogeSection2RowJ

Sorry Champ, I was out having our new Nike Stephen Hill Jerseys made. You said "medium" right? I got you an away jersey, since well, you're away all the time.

Surely you're optimistic about Stephen Hill. We traded up for him! :)

10. championjets69

Get back to me after the season ends if you wish to discuss with me anything about our recent draft choices.

Just because I live in Texas why does that make me less of a NYJ fan then U?

Also if you are hanging your hat on our draft choices to take us to the promised land I think U are setting yourself up for a crash harder then the NYSE did in 1929 :sad:

11. LogeSection2RowJ

The two biggest Jets fans I grew up with, my brother and one of my school buddies both live in the Metroplex area these days and they're still huge fans, so I get it.

I'm just teasing you a little.

Each year I get less and less excited about the draft, so yes, my post was sheer sarcasm. Hell, I remember being in school the day we traded two first rounders to move up for Lam Jones. In the 70's the draft was held during a weekday. We had to wait until Don Cricqui included it in his radio sports update on WOR to know what happened.

12. Gator

Gator Active Member

Champ usually ramps it up in the off season when the Jets can't win a game and make us feel better.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Well, he does have a point, because this year he didn't even have to ramp it up in the offseason, we only went 8-8 in the regular season. Seems like a considerable slide to me.

So we're 43 and counting. Still drafting, still rebuilding, still changing coaches, still searching for THE Quarterback, still feeling like we're #2 in NY and still the SOJ fans.

I don't know about anyone else, but Champ's pessimism is what keeps me from getting depressed as hell as a Jets fan. When I can look at him and all is doom and gloom, I can look in the mirror and tell myself, "Well, I'm pretty fucking optimistic compared to that guy!" Doesn't change anything, but it's nice to look in the mirror and feel that way.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Add to that the way all of the long-time, loyal as hell, season-after-season, thru thick and thin, Walton-cursing, Kotite-laden, Bill Belichick hating, cash-paying season ticketholders (I'm talking decades of this) have been fucking treated lately by Woody and his Money-Grabbing Band of Hooligans, it's actually a relief to read his negativism.

Well earned and deserved, IMO.

15. JetsSec337Lot13B

Any updates? Anyone get phone calls? Etc

16. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

I have been in touch with my agent for the past 2 weeks,asking about upgrading my seats. I called yesterday asking about unpaid STH. He said the jets are giving people a week to pay or at least come to an agreement. His words where the jets aren't looking to pull season tix out from under STH. But may 10th STH will get an email with all available seats and then it's fair game.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Of course they are giving ST holders more time because NO ONE is kicking in the door for seats,,,,,,,I do not know if they will give ticket holders a week or a month but I bet there are lots of tickets / upgrades available when they realize that many many people ain't coming back /renewing . The only problem is and has been is that these bastards will offer u a few rows up or if lucky one section over instead of what is REALLY available .

18. LogeSection2RowJ

All of us who've been around a while either owning season tickets, or just attending games here and there for years, still find it stunning to hear commercials and see ads all over the place for Jets season tickets. They're becoming used car salesmen, or Crazy Eddy.

Funny, wouldn't you expect a "world class" Super-Bowl-Worthy new stadium with a championship-caliber team to have less availability?

That's a rhetorical question, of course. I step back sometimes and find the situation stunning. A lot of it is the economic changes, but you have to wonder if it's going to change anytime soon. Kids growing up today won't be as passionate about game attendance won't be as "rabid" as we were, IMO.

19. Section 227. Row 5

This is unbelievable. First you had to pay by the deadline to get on the "update list" or else you missed out. Now, well, it's a little different... now you've got a one-week extension to "come to an agreement?"

Make no mistake again, fellas. They are making deals again behind everyone's back. The guys who held out and did not pay are being solicited and harrassed with phone calls and rewarded like there's no tomorrow. It goes something like this:

"Okay, I understand you didn't want to pay before you know if you're getting an upgrade, so how about if you pay right now and I give you 5 rows down? I know we're telling all the other jerkoffs that they'll be contacted in "seniority order," but I'm gonna make an exception for you and only you right now and give you 5 rows closer, but you gotta give me your credit card right now."

They're playing games again and caving with back room deals. When this supposed "opportunity to upgrade" finally comes along, all the better seats are gone because they're using them as an enticement to keep asses in their seats.

In other words, the guys who waited until the last minute and played hardball are being rewarded again and the ones who played by the rules are being screwed. And let's take it one step further. I'll bet any BRAND NEW guy claling in right now can just about bargain his way into sitting 5 rows in front of somebody with 40 years of fucking "seniority." If it weren't so pathetic it'd be laughable.

20. Section 227. Row 5

I was told phone calls would be made in seniority order. But that's what they said a month ago. They change stories like they change underwear.

I suppose you will get a link to an availablity chart. But the availability chart will be so doctored up and blocked off it'll be pathetic. That's after they give away all the better seats to induce people to pay and after they pull all the remaining better seats because they know they'll sell on StubHub or by phone to any newbie who calls in.

People are almost better off cancelling their account altogether and then calling in as a newbie and asking for seats up close. You get better treatment and more respect than you do by having all this supposed "seniority." Ridiculous.