17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well we made a CHOICE not to give our hard earned money to Woody for a PSL & then pay outlandish tix prices on top of it to see a LOSING FB team play. Remember this team has won NOTHING, NADA, ZIPPO, ZERO in the last 43 year so please get back to me after the 2012 season terminates & we will see how U feel spending all that money for NOTHING :sad:

#13881 championjets69, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

your not giving your $$$ to woody . u live in texas and rent your seats all seats. u haven't even stepped foot in the new stadium yet.
    20 games and champ still hasn't sat his ass in the new stadium

4. championjets69

That's correct I have not seen the stadium live & in person. You are also correct that I rent out my seats (no secret there) & if I was unsuccessful in renting them out I would just not reup them. For sure I would not give Woody 1 cent of MY MONEY when he continues to put a losing FB team on the field. OTH I have attended NYJ games in Houston, Oakland, San Francisco & Miami. So how many away games have you ever attended?

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

5 ..... miami used to be an annual trip for me before kids.

6. championjets69

That has to be eons ago :sad:

7. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Still not renewing

As I have indicated earlier, after 28 years, I'm not renewing my six tickets. Just for those of you looking to relocate in UL, based upon this email I got from the Jets today, here's when I expect the Jets to consider my tickets available. Four are in UL Prime, row 10, the other two a few rows up, same section.

From their email:
    In order to guarantee you are back in your seats cheering on the Green & White, renewal is required by next Wednesday, May 2, 2012. After May 2, we can no longer hold your location and will release your 300-level seats to other customers.

8. championjets69

I would do the same if I did not rent them out for the season :sad:

9. JetsSec337Lot13B

Went to my parents house tonight. I was speaking with my dad about the ticket situation. I have been very angry since I dropped and basically said I refuse to set foot in that place even with stubhub tickets. I think I took it to an extreme when I said I don't want to put money in Hitler's (Woody) pockets or anyone who put money in his pockets.

The stubhub idea bothers me I don't want to be a gypsy in new seats each week. I have been going since I was 11 and have not missed a home game in 13 years. I have a routine/tradition and in my opinion if I break it it's time to start something new. Whether that is buying a vehicle and making it a tailgate vehicle and staying in the lot or putting a bar in my condo I'm not sure yet. I run a tailgate in lot K with a decent crowd. There's 15 or so regulars and another 10-15 guests each week. If I drop I'm confidence the 10-15 guests will become much less and a few of the 15 regulars will drop.

Part of me feels like that's the best way to send a message. Stay home. That way less friends will go and also not buy anymore Jets merchandise. There's enough Chinese knockoffs for cheaper prices that aren't lining the pockets of Woody.

Maybe I'm just very angry today but I figure I won't get anyone upset with these thoughts I have for the day.

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Champ - Do you share your optimistic love for the Jets with your renters? Do they know of your alias and postings here? LOL

11. Section 227. Row 5

May is approaching and I'm going to be very curious about this "upgrade opportunity" the slimeballs (er... excuse me, the sales reps) have been touting. Remember, they said you had to renew (and of course, pay), but then in May every Upper Decker would be called according to seniority and given an opportunity to select better seats if available. The "if available" is the question mark that haunts me now.

It's going to be very interesting how this works and if people are REALLY afforded a chance at better seats or if they will do the same old thing they've been doing all along, blocking off sections and rows and telling callers they're not available, when the dirtbags (er... oh my... excuse me again... I don't know what's gotten into me today...) know damned well that the better seats have been blocked off prior to giving you access to their "private" seating charts.

History tells us they've been doing this from Day One, so I for one know this is what they'll be doing. I'm just interested in the new technique they use for lying and bullshitting. I also wonder just how many giuys are going to actually be able to upgrade. One in 10? One in 50? A leopard doesn't change his spots.

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. I didn't have the balls to do what you did this year even though I am prepared to walk away one of these years. My rep convinced me to pay and wait - and I did, on the last day. Since I hadn't heard from them at all weeks after the invoices were due, I immediately became skeptical of their tactics and felt I was coerced into paying.

However, a post above me mentioned how they allowed current ticket holders until 5/3 to change their mind about leaving (wonder how many of those were coaxed back by "held-back" seats...) so, it seems they really won't have a handle on the open inventory until after the first week in May.

We'll see, but I am not expecting much either.

13. Section 227. Row 5

If they are using the "held back" seats to induce UDers who played hardball on the payment to pay, then yes, expect the better seats to be gone. In other words, we have evidence (I am one) that they had better seats and were holding back, and possibly using them for payment inducement rather than REALLY holding onto them as they have been promising.

If this is the case, the level of lying and deception has reached new lows I'm afraid. And I'm also afraid that there will be no significant "better" seats of any value. I'm guessing Row 12s and up, and not along the sidelines.

14. championjets69

Well I know for sure one of my renters is a TGG member since that is how he found out that some of my seats were available

Give me 1 thing to be optimistic about

:sad:

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Lack of PSL purchase is what hurts Woody, UD is pocket change for his arm candy wife. Woody does not care about us, he probably never looks up when he's in his suite, just stairs and shakes his head stairing at all the empty seats between the 35's on the first 2 levels. I think someone had to tell him that the place had an upper deck. Your decision should be based on how you will feel at 1pm on Opening day when its 70 degrees and Sunny and the place is packed and the Jets are being introduced. Will you feel left out or good about your decision
    s

16. Section 227. Row 5

ORRRR....

His decision could also be based on how he will feel if we lose on that opening day, and then we lose the next 5 out of 7. And now we are 2-6 at the half and Tebow has already been inserted and is stinking up the field worse than Sanchez had been at the end of the season.

And teh fans are really, really pissed and there are a lot of no shows even on good days and you can buy tickets to any game you want for $20 in the parking lot, and now he is looking at all this and saying, "Thank God for my decision."

I don't think anyone should ever feel "left out" or bad about any decision to buy or not to buy Woody's overpriced bullshit. And it certainly should never make a fan feel like less of a Jets fan. It's strictly an economic decision. You can watch them from home and root for them and still feel like a dedicated Jets fan even though you gave up your seats.

I was prepared to do just that and in the final hours I resigned myself to the above thinking. So it gave me the balls to push them a little further than someone else would who allows the emotions of "feeling left out" to do. I am sure the rep sensed the finality in my voice when I made the phone call, which prompted him to go into his side stash of seats that were "unavailable."

I have had it with these people. So much so that I did my upgrade just to spite them, as payback for the lying and the way we were all treated. True, I only upgraded one row and maybe only 10 yards closer to the 50, but to me it was all about getting even for all the bullshit. I enjoy pushing them around now, just like they pushed all of us around. Like they used to say in Vietnam, "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

I've been going for 21 years of course I'll be upset but I can't get the upgrade I want so I won't go otherwise. If the Jets can't accommdate me why should I put any of my money in their pocket? I don't make tons of money to begin with and my experience last year was miserable. Opening Day 70 and sunny it could also be 70 and thunderstorms. I can never even make it to my seats in time for introductions in the new stadium since it takes me literally 45 mins to get from the parking lot to my seat. Woody may not care about the upper deckers but if you figure we pay on average $1,000 per seat times 27,000 seats he's in the hole $27 million plus concessions.

18. JetsSec337Lot13B

I was the same way as you but they didn't give me what I wanted so I said adios. If I get something I like I'd still go back but otherwise I'll start something new. Whether it's staying in the parking lot or home is still TBD

19. championjets69

Well enjoy the money U will be saving since it will some years before the NYJs will be true contenders :sad:

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Okay here is the idea and I fully expect credit when this thing takes off and actually happens,,,,,,,why don't a few of you disgruntled guys (like myself ) who are fed up with Woody ,the jets and the freaking wear house of a stadium get together and open a bar ? We can call it TGG Hangout, or NOT METLIFE,,,,,and all TGG guys and gals can get together there for home or away or both games ? Just do me a favor lets not do it on LI , no offense but that's too far for me,,,when we expand or open another one then by all means put one next to Hofstra if you wish ! I can see the t shirts now !,,,Thoughts ? Ridicule ? Props ? I am ready let em fly