Diablo III

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by joolander, Mar 21, 2012.

1. joolander

joolander New Member

my social life will be over on may 15th

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Lol my friends and I coined it "D Day"

Been waiting for this shit hard.

3. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

i played d2 since i was 8. im so excited for this.

4. joolander

joolander New Member

haha me too. the specs are crazy, i need to buy a new computer.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Used to fake sick to skip elementary school to play this game back in the day.

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Anyone play Diablo (the original) back in the day?

7. Tenn_JetsFanatic

Oh yeah ....I use to play Diablo I and Diablo II .... I"m waiting on it to come out also

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I played it a ton. so much in fact i developed a wrist injury from it =( So much clicking lol.

9. joolander

joolander New Member

Does anybody have a Diablo II lord of destruction CD key that they dont use anymore?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Actually always wanted to get into the series and just bought Diablo2... level 14 barbarian

11. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

Just saw gameplay vid on Youtube... looks like shit relative to its development time. Basically WoW with slightly better graphics and animation.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's going to devour people I think. The big hook for me is the endless variation of boards with random mobs, bosses and terrain inside a pre-defined script. That's going to cause a lot of replay value especially in multi-player where the bosses and encounters will be insane.

The downside is the cash AH. They're putting a gold AH alongside it but gold isn't going to get used for anything but pots and vendor items I think. The aim is to take the secondary market away but it's going to take the AH away for anybody who won't spend cash for virtual items.

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

the #1 pre-order game on play.com is the collectors edition (about $100!) of this game.

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Im without a pc right now so I might actually skip d3 altogether.

I have multiple boxes of rpg games stacked. As much as id like to zone out from the world and play more I simply don't have time and don't feel like becoming dead to the world.

Im actually considering selling off my collection for much needed money.

Games were alot more fun when all I had to worry about was getting through school.

15. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Would be a damn good time to be a hacker.

Diablo games always got hacked to shit, somebody will be making a fortune

16. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

This game and startcraft 2 are the best... Must say Blizzard makes THE best games as far as re playability. ANyone have StarCraft2?

17. Br4d

They've waited a long time to release this. Part of that was protecting WoW but part was probably setting the cash AH up to be as nearly hack-proof as they could.

The real danger is going to be in the need to disclose an account to release funds into from the cash AH on sales. They're going to let people use PAYPAL and other services however they're also going to let people set up distribution directly into checking and savings accounts. That's going to be a huge target for people and Blizzard is probably going to be party to many criminal investigations in the process.

Ultimately I think they may have to shut down the cash AH in the wake of a particularly devastating hack of customer info. The option to have money roll into the Battle.net account will still be there but there is no way to recover money from that account. It is effectively a collection point for assets that are virtual in nature.

18. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Sounds like Xbox live points if it works out like that.

The current set up is a supposed trade hub, right? I played diablo and D2 without paying for items. Can't see what the fun is in an MMO hack-n-slash RPG if you just pay 30$ (?) for your gear. It essentially becomes an exercise in mouse clicking.

Unless you're into PK, which is in my opinion a compensatory thing for not having that much to hang your hat on in real life.

19. Br4d

Blizzard is trying to get the 3rd party gold sellers out of the equation. By letting customers use funds directly on the cash AH they eliminate the incentive to buy gold and thereby put the gold sellers out of business.

It's a flawed idea though. They're going to have just as many problems trying to police customer's real assets as they did trying to police the gold sellers. The potential losses are huge no matter how the EULA is written because a lot of Blizzard's value is wrapped up in the form of good will and that good will is going to be severely tested here.

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I dont really have an issue with gold sellers - I have played a lot of MMOs and never felt my game impacted by gold sellers (aside from the spam in chat channels) as for me it was always about hanging with your virtual corp/clan mates rather than worrying about what gear or assets you had.