Demaryius Thomas confirms my anger over Te-Blow(me)!

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Fightin'JetTitan, Apr 12, 2012.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

The only cult is the church of the anti tebow. haters outnumber any fans 10-1

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Well yeah, at a Jets forum you'll be outnumbered 10-1 by Jets fans.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

so basically thomas is whining because nobody told him what a great job he did?

hey its not tim tebows fault that espn has a man crush on him. just make sure you dont miss read a defense and run the wrong route and manning throws an int.. or your going to get an earful and i am sure that will hurt his feelings too.

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I have said sanchez will start and be better because of this and tebow will contribute quite a bit with some innovative formations and play calling by the coaching staff.

what exactly do we disagree on?

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Did I say you and I disagree on anything? You pointed out how outnumbered the Tebow trolls are wherever they go, and that's because a football team's fan base is larger than a player's cheer section.

6. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Anyone who considered Thomas a bust isn't rational. He's no more of a bust than Tebow, with whom he was drafted.

He had an injury that typically takes a year or so to recover from and was just getting his feet back under him at coincidentally the same time Tebow took over.

I think had Tebow stayed, he and Tebow's chemistry would've continued to develop well.

All that being said, any receiver would prefer to have Manning. Don't know why folks are getting so up in arms over this.

Comparing Thomas to Owens is just nonsensical. He didn't cause disruption in the locker room, he simply gave an honest answer when asked about his ex-QB.

Here's what Tim Tebow "thinks" about that:

"'preciate ya."

7. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

DT can turn into a beast IF he can manage to stay healthy, learn to run better routes, and stop dropping passes.

On the question of health, the dude is an injury magnet and seems to be at risk of injury just by getting up in the morning.

As to route running and drops, he's young and will probably improve with experience.

As for the "baby TO" comments, he might have given his "honest" opinion in the answers, but it still comes across as diva, you know, "throw me the damned ball". Now, that might be his personality, and if so, that could be a problem, or, it might be something that he can change over time.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

That is a great point. lets see how it plays out.

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I do not think DT is a bust but I do think he needs to check the diva stuff at the door.

It was a diva comment when you view the actual facts.

10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

What the motherfuck. He is not the damn starting qb.

11. packersfan

packersfan New Member

Blocker I understand why you are against the Tebow trade. I think you have some valid concerns that might play out.

I am not a Jets fan, but I personally think this trade will work out well for the Jets. Sanchez needed a backup to push him and Brunell certainly wasn't doing that.

As far as Tebow is concerned, even though I am a fan I certainly don't think he is a good quarterback yet.

So I guess I am one of those fans that isn't blinded. I do think he is a winner and with a couple years of work could develop into a starting quarterback.

The thing I like about Tebow is that so many people hate him for no good reason and he stays positive. From a football standpoint I like tough hard nosed football players and I think he is fun to watch, especially in the 4th quarter.

12. catsigater

catsigater New Member

You're the one who said he was considered a bust. Glad to hear that isn't your opinion, but wonder why you chose to include it.

As a Gator who followed the Broncos closely since moving to the Mountain West in 2010, I'd say D.T. has never been considered a diva by anyone.

Brandon Lloyd and especially Brandon Marshall sometimes acted like divas during their Bronco tenures. D.T. never did.

If you really think saying something negative about a Q.B. who is no longer on your team is being a diva, okay. But using this one statement to compare D.T. to someone like T.O. is a gross exaggeration, IMO.

#52 catsigater, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  13. Demosthenes9

hey cats, just google "Demaryius Thomas bust" and you will find all sorts of places where it was being discussed.

And yeah, when a team's #1 pick in a draft spends his first year and a half fighting injuries and not producing on the field, people tend to start thinking of him that way.

As for the Diva issue, DT really hasn't been around and been asked very much, as he hadn't done anything of note until the last third of the season, and especially, the Pittsburgh game.

BTW, you have to actually compartmentalized the comments as some of them were just fine. I seriously doubt that anyone is taking issue with DT saying that he prefers Manning. The thing is, there are easy ways to answer the questions without throwing your former teammate under the bus.

If you want, you can go find clips/reports of Eric Decker commenting on Manning coming in and Tebow leaving. He answered the questions the way DT should have.

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I have been a member at the broncos forum for years , many times the word bust was used . I don't thnk any player shoud be called a bust until his career plays out

15. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

17. Demosthenes9

Ummm, guess you didn't listen to the actual audio ? There was nothing taken "out of context".

Now, if you want to say that DT didn't articulate his thoughts very well, and that what he MEANT to say was different than what he actually said, that's a different story.

As for constructive criticism, there are plenty of ways to do that without throwing your former QB under the bus.

18. Demosthenes9

Really ironic thing is that he talked about Manning coming in and Tebow's leaving before, and his tone was completely different:

That was about 3 weeks ago.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ng-sorry-for-tebow?module=HP11_headline_stack

19. catsigater

catsigater New Member

So why state, "The truth is that he was considered acrap bust up until tebow started," as if there were some merit to that notion? If you want to criticize what he said, fine, but I don't see any reason for making the above statement unless it was to somehow discredit Thomas.

Seems to me like that's doing what Thomas is being accused of... unnecessarily deriding someone and then walking back from the statement when challenged.

It didn't add to your argument at all, especially when just a few posts later you feel the need to say that you don't consider him a bust. So what if few forum posters thought he was a bust? I guess Tebow should be considered a bust too, then.

Like I said, anyone who considered Thomas a bust at that stage of his career doesn't know much about football. I'm happy to hear you don't subscribe to that view.

While he may have been a bit ungenerous in what he said, it wasn't anything surprising, and to my ears probably truthful.

#59 catsigater, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  20. Agamemnon

Agamemnon New Member

Vince Young has been a winner everywhere he has been
    Vince Young has a career record as a starter in the NFL of like 30-17
    Vince Young took to Titans to 8-8 in 2006 after they went 4-12 in 2005
    Vince Young amassed over 3200 yards and like 23 TDs his first 16 starts

Vince Young is now a backup because all of those "stats" dont mask the fact he cant throw the ball

thank you that is all

In case anyone was wondering how a "winner at every level" could not continue to keep winning in a passing league

#60 Agamemnon, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012