Chandler Jones @ 16

Discussion in 'Draft' started by dcm1602, Apr 11, 2012.

1. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

In fact he provided value in that draft at 5, he should of been a Seahawk, but we were lucky enough to get him for cheap.

2. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

If Bradford comes out that year we possibly end up with Bradford or Stafford if you wanna use hindsight

Sanchez was probably the best we could do anyway, new coach meant new QB, no FA QB's were worthy so we actually got off pretty good, we barely gave up anything for him a 1st and 2nd I think plus some nobodies........for a franchise QB thats excellent value imagine if we went Washington and traded everything for the next 3 years

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

It's picking nits, 4th or 5th is about the same value. We got Sanchez cheap because Mangini wanted his boys on Cleveland.

Also, Mangini really wanted to trade down to draft Alex Mack and traded back twice. Mangini thought Mack would be the next Mangold.

Seattle taking Curry was a good pick at the time, but turned out to be a huge disappointment.

4. JohnnyThaJet

I say value more so because it seemed as if Seattle was a lock, even Mark said he always thought Seattle was his next home. Its almost like if the Colts skip Luck this year for RG3 (yes I understand the difference in talent) but having him be at 2 is great value, even one spot down.

Looking back that Browns draft was rough, they got a GREAT center but nothing more than that, they really had some big misses.

Curry was excellent coming out and I am still surprised just how much he has underachieved. I will say I think he can still be effective in the right system. Its crazy to think how great we all thought he would be.

5. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

I'm hearing Chandler Jones and comparisons like JPP and Aldon Smith, not as polished but man if professional coaching is all he needs to get to their level then I'm all for grabbing him just not at 16, late 1st maybe early 2nd would be ideal

6. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Not nearly as explosive as those two guys. He and Mercilus both have really good length so they got these Smith/Pierre Paul comparisons, but neither has the speed/flexibility/overall athleticism of those two.

If you watch Jones he gets to the QB, but it's not like he's blowing by tackles and make you say WOW. He's good with his hands and knows how to use his strength to get by people, but he's never going to be a freak like those others.

7. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

exactly. JPP is an athletic freak, who was a solid football player, who needed a lot of work on technique. Jones will never have that athleticism, but he doesn't need as much technique work.

8. Jetson99

Jetson99 Banned

What's Up Jets Fans!!!

We are less than two weeks away from the NFL Draft I cannot wait!!!

I think we need to take a pass rusher at #16 - either Upshaw (who will probably be gone) or Chandler Jones. Then in the second round we should take Right Tackle Mitchell Schwartz out of Cal. His brother is a good player for the Panthers.

I found a great mock draft from the guys at sportsmasher.com and they have Ingram sliding to us at #16. That would be huge. Our 3-4 defense is missing a pass rusher.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

9. JohnnyThaJet

Clearly the only reason youre posting is to promote your website.

10. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

Get em Johnny

11. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I can't kill McShay on this. Do a mock. Not a mock where the Jets get a guy you like, but an honest mock based on other teams needs. You'll find that it's very likely that the Jets are going to have to reach because the guys they want(Ingram, Floyd, Barron, Upshaw) won't be there.

I agree with the assessment that Jones could be one of the better 4-3 ends in this class, but I don't see him standing up either. Faced with that scenario, I'd rather trade back.

-X-

12. tzinc

tzinc New Member

No way!!!
    This is a huge reach.

There a many better options: Ingram, Floyd, Glenn, Adams, Wright, etc

He is second rounder at best and not even top second... there are guys like Branch and Upshaw that I would rate higher then him.

I pray this is a smoke screen ... cause the Jets cannot afford to blow picks this year with their holes and lack of depth.

13. JohnnyThaJet

Mission Complete.

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

[youtube]lrygAv93Ick[/youtube]

Angry Johnny!!

BTW, one of my favorite songs from about 15 years ago.....Poe is hot as hell.

15. JohnnyThaJet

Hahahha my apologies for being ignorant as to who this artist is but I was 3 years old when this song came out.

I like the comparison though, clever.

16. cantwait57

cantwait57 Member

Chandler Jones

I've been hearing about him alot lately, Espn Scounts inc. now has im rated at 93 as a DE. Am I missing something about him? do they know something we don't? I know he was hurt, but he only put up 4 sacks last season? I just dont see the potential on tape.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He probably has good agents and they've waited until the last possible moment to push him forward so that there's less time to knock him down.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He's got good genes and a good work ethic. Brother of Jon "Bones" Jones UFC champion and Ravens DL Arthur Jones.

I have a feeling there is a good chance he's the Jets pick at 16. Judging by comments from the Jets brass in the papers I think they really like Michael Floyd but if they don't somehow get him I think Jones will be the pick. I don't think they are very high on Upshaw.

#38 BrowningNagle, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  19. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

As a big UFC fan it's crazy I didn't know he was brothers with Jon Jones until last week. He is definitely a reach at 16 but if Ingram, Floyd and Martin are off the board I wouldn't be too against the pick. Rex wouldn't take him if he didn't see something in him. Upshaw might be more NFL ready but his stock is falling for a reason.

20. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

This is the sense I am getting as well. You never know with Tanny and company blowing smoke to the media, but the interest I've read doesn't seem to be that high in Upshaw. If Ingram gets taken before 16, I really think we will choose between Floyd and Jones if they're still there with outside shots at Perry and Brockers.