17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I feel cleansed myself. My bank account is $5000 richer and no longer the aggravation of driving there, parking in a tight spot with little or no room to tailgate,climbing the stairs to the UD and waiting in traffic to get out after the game. Im sure im gonna miss it but hell I had a good run 20+ years.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Don't lose track of a few things going on. The market is obviously weak or you would have sold the 4 you're trying to sell by now. The people who are calling and wanting it for 50-80 cents on a dollar are probably not wise-asses but ordinary people looking for a good deal in this current economic climate.

Now, IMO, the market should be even WEAKER than it is right now, but is not. My gut tells me our 8-8 season would have made prices soften even more than they have, were it not for Woody bringing in Ringling Bros Barnum and Bailey one more time.

The Tim Tebow factor, whether we like it or not, is, I believe, helping ticket sales in general. Many who would have said, "That's it, forget it. I'm not going for this anymore" have since said, "Okay, wait a minute. Maybe this is going to be a really exciting Jets season and maybe I'll just pay the God Damned invoice one more time and see what happens."

So, I am saying, the market probes and offers that you are experiencing are being bouyed, in my opinion, despite what the 8-8 record (and the more disturbing slide within the 8-8 at the tail end, not to mention the locker room shenanigans) should be causing as far as lack of interest.

All I am saying is, you might be right in keeping all 8 if you can sell your tickets at a profit or break-even, but bear in mind that this can all change. If Sanchez bombs out and exhibits what he did at the tail end, and then the inevitable happens (Tebow is the man), and if Tebow bombs, then all hell breaks loose and the Flying Wallenda High Wire Act comes crashing down without the benefit of the safety net and ther go the ticket prices and the PSL along with it.

This is all I'm saying. Keep on top of the W-L very closely this year because that's going to tell us where this is all heading. And with it, whatever the supported, optimistic market appetite is for ticket sales.

3. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

The average rate for a 15-year fixed-rate mortgage hit a record low of 3.88 percent for the week ending April 12, according to Freddie Mac.

In lieu of my season tickets I may buy a vacation home with these rates.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

GMC ,,,,, I know exactly what you are feeling,,,mark my words,,,quote me,,,,come back and tell me I'm an A hole,,,,,,,u will not look back with one regret,,,,,,,u can still buy tix everywhere,,,,,there is no longer any status to being a season ticket holder as there was at one time. the new place makes the games so much less enjoyable along with the musical chairs in each section each week and the parking mess,,,,,,,,,u made a wise decision,,time will tell u that

5. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I held on as long as I could. Last season I went to 1 game, my son and his buddies enjoyed the tickets at my expense. I once had 4 uppers and 2 lowers attended every game up until the new stadium was built. There were games I was able to sell the 4 uppers and games I wasnt. I sold the 4 uppers in the parking lot for $100 weekly.

Now according to some im not a real fan anymore. Where were these guys when the NYJETS were 1-15 with Kotite as coach or when Rick Mirer was the QB? I lost alot of money on tickets over the years, I never went to a pre-season game, either gave them away or donated them to the United Way. HELL I bet I ate or gave away enough tickets to pay for the PSLs if I would have sold them all.

The new stadium sucks, the UD sucks and owning season tickets isnt that much of a status anymore. It was when I only paid $800 for the entire season and parking was only $5. Too bad alot of these new PSL cult people never had the opportunity to enjoy a game at a reasonable cost where you didnt mind buying 10 beers and 10 hot dogs and tailgating was fun.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Folks, this post so epitomizes the Jets Attendee Experience it's incredible. So true. This is what it was and has become.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Also 100% true. People castigate, denegrate, belittle and deride me for constantly harping on this and there is no way I'll stop. These guys are spot on with their assessments of not only the new stadium, but the entire mess they call "relocation."

Totally fucked up.

8. UninTY_128

UninTY_128 New Member

I would just like to jump in and say I enjoy every moment of my STH experience.

Granted, I am in the lower bowl, but I wouldn't give up my tickets for the world.

Swallowing the pre-season sucks, but the peace of mind and lack of anxiety that I get from having my seats to all the games locked up, and knowing exactly what my cost will be, and what my view will be......makes those pre-season games worth it.

Am I in love with the new stadium? no? But it's what we have, and there
    ARE worse stadium experiences around the league.

With the new season drawing closer, it disappoints me to here about all these dissatisfied fans.

I just needed to say, I am VERY excited, and counting the minutes until my ticket book arrives.

9. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I would have to agree with a couple of things:

1 there are alot of worse stadium out there!! Living in ohio and traveling to alot of games and also jets playoff runs some are better some are worse!

2 I do agree that the lower bowl is better, Thats where my seats are and i really love them and have no issue, I can not say the same for people in the upper deck I did go up there to see how it looked and it sucked so I can see why people are mad!

3 Preseason every other year when we get giants home its a fun game to go to even though its preseason, I know my whole family always wants to go aunts, uncles grandparents, my parents and siblings. We always have a big tailgate and all!! Maybe cause my family is split between teams.

10. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

You cant put a price on fun and memories. I had alot and many. The PSL investment just wasnt me for me at this time. 1 kid in college another soon to be,mortgage,taxes,cars and car insurance. So I kept the UD seats only to be bumped back a few rows, no big deal until I sat in the seats they sucked all the UD seats suck. The stadium design is an EPIC FAIL.

The best seats in the house are the PSL seats and I urge you guys to enjoy them and cherish every game and memory. Its not that i cant afford them its right now I have other obligations.

When you're in the parking lot having a few beers with friends and family,toast those guys who used to be there and cant be there anymore. Enjoy!

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

So someone explain to me why I got a discount on my parking by paying 25% of my invoice total spread out over 4 months, but if I paid the entire total at once, I would get nothing. Isn't that ass backwards, kinda like signing a backup QB with a 1.5 million bounus, give your starting QB an extension and then trade the for a starting QB who can't throw and then eat the 1.5 million and trade the first backup guy for basically nothing.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Congrats, glad you are happy, beauty of the UD. I am not trying to be mean to anyone that was a STH for 20 years, but I park in the Izod and have tons of room to tailgate, I take the escalator to the Upper deck and the stairs the way out and have zero traffic leaving the north side of the Izod. Since moving to section 340/8, the only thing missing is a Championship season. Where did you sit, where did you park, what time did you get there and where did you live? Just wondering, maybe it was time and you were looking for reasons to bag it. I only have another 2-3 years left in me if Rex and Sanchez don't get us to the promised land but the stadium wont be the reason, been waiting to damm long to give up because of Woody and the jets

#13812 sec314, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  13. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I got there a 8am for 1:00 games and 11 for 4:00 games. I enjoyed many beer and egg breakfasts. I never pissed in the parking lot or littered. I TRAVELED Rt 3 and parked in 18A. My seats were in 329 row 7.

The MAIN reason I bagged it was very simple the UD in the new stadium is ALOT higher then the old. That was the straw that broke the camels back for me. If I return someday it will be on the LL,PSL seats or it wont be at all.

It wasnt about the Championships as I witnessed 1 in 1969.

14. Jerseyboyisback

Did you pay credit card?? if you did you shouldnt have gotten a discount......If you paid from a bank account you did get a discount. They dont want to pay the Amex credit card fee so I made sure i paid with the AMEX in order to piss them off as much as I could possible

15. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

HAHAHAHAH - that actually made me laugh out loud.

16. Jerseyboyisback

Well put, I do feel alot of people are in same boat!! I talk about this all the time in my business class Im in, Not alot of Americans prioritize there life and spending and that is why alot of people are in debt!!

Well said, and your son will be thankful you are helping him along with college, I know I am from my parents and looking at my friends with student loans that they will be paying back when they are 35.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The Jets won a Championship???? The Upper deck in the old place is surely missed as you will be. That must have been great seeing this team finish. Just once and I can die happy

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I paid through my bank accout. So they don't want credit card because of a fee they pay. That makes sense now. I saved $125 so that's to much money to give up to "F" the Jets. Thanks for the clarification.

19. Section 227. Row 5

#13819 Section 227. Row 5, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  20. Section 227. Row 5

Maybe this is our year. MAYBE Sanchez gets us there or MAYBE Tim Tebow turns out to be a real gem and takes over and we go all the way!

My God, I don't think my heart could stand it, but I'll tell you what. If that happens, the Upper Deck won't bother me AT ALL!

Put me in those stands when we win the AFC Championship and that UD will be best seats in any stadium in the country.

Until then I bitch and moan like a little whiny bitch when I have to endure an 8-8 season up there.