17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they turned the upper prime seats into PSL's over the next few years... those are the only uppers that they the JETS could realistically do it with... The rest will be challenging to move.

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Umm, in favor of Tebow over Sanchez. I did not realize your name for our QB was not with love. We are in trouble if the worst throwing QB in the history of our sport is better then our current QB. Just saying. The price of tickets by November if the "J" man ( you can say El Guapo) is our QB should be the price of Met tickets for Wed. day game.

3. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Try not to worry about the "Freebies" the upper deck is getting and be happy as pig in sh*t with your great seats!!!

4. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Thats my plan,someone who already paid the PSL in full who needs to bail. A friend of mine just sold his UD Giants tickets that way he walked away after paying the PSL in full.

All the UD seats suck, what dont you understand? None are worth a PSL.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yes, you will surely be able to buy a PSL as a resale (and not from the Jets at face). At a discount... this is a given. We discussed this many years ago and now the market we talked about is here.

The thing is, the PSL has to be paid off before the seller can sell it (And for the Jets to honor the transfer of ownership), so this is the tricky part. Also, the buyer will not be able to obtain financing on the purchase, like the original purchaser got. So this will be an anchor also to the seller, since he now needs to find someone with all cash. And, of course, such a buyer will want to use that as a bargaining chip to further diminish the price of the PSL, as in, "I have all cash do I want a better price from you if you want to sell this thing."

So yes, I agree with others and has been said all along, if somebody bought a PSL and knows he wants to go to the games and use his tickets forever and ever and will not be needing to sell at any time and for any reason, by all means go to the games and enjoy yourself.

But if you bought the PSL and for any reason... divorce, bad times, job relocation, illness in the family, sick and tired of paying for 3-13 seasons, etc., etc., then the PSL was a bad choice. I'm sure the NY marketplace is loaded with examples of both, so yes, a PSL should become available to you in the future and at far less then face if you're willing to wait for the right seller circumstances.

As for UD Primes going PSL, I've said all along I would have been more than willing to pay $1,000 or so for the front 4. The Giants were able to sell the UD Primes for $4,000 PSLs and the others in the UD for $1,000, believe it?

I know a guy (Giants fan) who paid $4,000 for 4 seats IN THE LAST ROW of a section on the visitor's side. He is stuck but good but still goes to the games and sits in the last freaking row. Unblievable.

6. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Somebody that wants to just walk away from a paid in full PSL is my target. The NYJETS should and would honor the transfer I have been a season ticket holder for 20+ years. This way I own the PSL and only pay for the current seasont tickets. Its happening as we speak JETS and GIANTS, many didnt realize they couldnt walk away and now cant afford to stay.

7. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I have heard it all on here!!! Someone paying for a PSL than giving it away for free!! No way, I will sell my Season tickets to a broker or someone who wants the full season at face value before I or anyone would give a fully paid PSL away for free!

I have 8 PSL llez cost is 20000 total and season tickets are 10500 with 2 parking passes, I have no job right now and am getting my masters! I would never let the tickets go no matter how bad times are. I would sell to a broker if I couldn't pay for my tickets, but no way in hell would I or anyone just throw away a PSL. I know everyone here things PSLs are a waste but there is no way someone will buy it and then just give it away. They will at least request half back or something.

#13767 Jerseyboyisback, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  8. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

What you dont understand is this is happening. Those who cant afford this years PSL payment and or ticket fees cant walk away the NYJETS have them hostage. This happens when someone doesnt want to tarnish their credit.

9. Jerseyboyisback

I asked the jets what happens, they dont go after you they dont have your ss# people just forfiet what they paid and take a loss on what they paid. Doesnt effect credit report i thought about it but not worth it. Even still some will sell for money if its paid off. No one is gonna say hey gmc take my psl i cant afford the tickets. They will go to a broker and sell the season and figure out what to do for next year. If someone owes money your gonna still have to pay. Im sorry just dont see this happening!

#13769 Jerseyboyisback, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  10. Section 227. Row 5

I agree with this and would be shocked if someone flat-out gave away a paid-for PSL. Not going to happen at any time.

But there are many shades of grey, and most PSLers are in the middle zone, having made payments on the PSL while forking up the money every spring for the mandatory purchase of the tickets. The most likely scenario for an exchange is, as the PSL becomes more and more paid down, a buyer approaches and says, "I'll take the damned thing (and your annual obligation to purchase all 10 games every year from now until eternity) off your hands, but I'm not giving you what you've already paid in." In this scenario, the guy who spent $15,000 on two $7500 PSLs may have already put in, say, $4,000 of the $15,000. The buyer will offer $11,000 (or less) and get the guy out of his misery. I can see this happening now and in years to come.

Then, some sort of arrangement has to be made in order to pay off the $11,000 that is owed. If the seller cannot pay it off in order to affect the transfer, both parties may have to physically go to the Jets Ticket Office, where the buyer forks over the $11,000 that the seller owes in exchange for the Jets (and the sell) to sign off on the exchange.

The whole thing sounds complicated and one of the many reasons why I chose to not entangle myself with this situation to begin with. Nobody knows what the future holds and the purchase of (in my case) 4 PSLs was IMO painting oneself into a corner. The above secnario is a lot like trying to sell a car in which you are "upside down." You owe more than it's worth and along comes a buyer, but there is a payoff. Now both buyer and seller have to go the local GMAC branch and settle up the purchase before GMAC will release the title with a "Lien Satisfied" stamp on it.

#13770 Section 227. Row 5, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  11. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I wasnt gonna post the details but my buddy said go ahead let the fans in denial know whats going on in the real world. A friend of mine was able to get a fully paid PSL for free on 2 seats. This company had 4 tickets and basically went out of business. They had no intentions or funds to pay for the upcoming season tix. The transfers were all done without a hitch and he got 2 season tickets in the PSL area for the price of admission, someone else got the other 2. Never say never guys. This isnt the first and wont be the last of this.

12. JLJets

JLJets New Member

28 Years are over

As I indicated in March, I have not renewed my tickets. Its a little painful, after 28 years, but the new stadium is not worth the investment. Its sad they did such a bad job, especially in the UL, but it is what it is so I'm walking away. Its not an emotional decision, just one that makes sense.

I sent a letter to the Jets owner in February, asking if they plan to fix any of the problems I noted (those that are fixable at this point - see some above) but I did not get a response, as expected.

As indicated above, I don't think they'll miss me. My seats are in upper prime, near the 50, in row 10 and will be easy to sell. Contrary to what they're saying, it doesn't make sense to let another STH move up, as they would have trouble selling those seats.

Again, I've been a fan since the 60's and always will be. Just no longer a season ticket holder. I'll pluck the games I want from resellers, pay a little more, but not to have to eat preseason, parking, or bad December games.

Had this been a great stadium, I would have stayed. It isn't, so its time for me to move on. I'm not implying others should take this same route, but for me, its time.

13. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I felt the same way and did he same thing. It doesnt make us any less of a fan. Many havent earned the right yet to ridicule others who have been supporting this team as long as we have. Good post.

14. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

The odds of the above scenario happening again are the same as somebody winning the Mega Millions!

15. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Never say never. You do realize the economy sucks. It did happen is what im saying. Remember when recently the NYJETS allowed certain STH to opt out of the pre-season. Many said that wouldnt happen and it did.

16. Section 227. Row 5

All I can say is WOW! Not a likely scenario, as Grind says, but Wow.

You'd have to be a fool to pass that one up. You'd think the owner of the company would have at least tried to get 50 cents on the dollar for what he paid in.

What a score though. Owning a paid-for PSL without putting a dime into it. The guy could probaby flip it and make money!

17. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

IMO, the best route to go would be to buy tickets during the off-season. I keep seeing many PSL seats going for face value and lower on Ebay. Even the Jets vs Pats game sold for face value a couple of weeks ago. I bought tickets to an away game for face value last week and would have paid a lot more if I would have waited till the season started. For some weird reason some brokers/Sth's sell their tickets for cheap during the off-season, I guess to recoup as much money as possible. So for anybody looking to go to games keep an eye on EBay, you can find some great deals.

18. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

E-Bay,StubHub,Craigslist,here and other NYJETS forums tickets can be had easily. No need to invest in a PSL or pay for pre-season. I will wait for a PSL deal like my buddy got or similiar. Its all good.

19. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i need 6 fix or i would play the field.looking for 2 is easiest or 4 ok but to find 6 together is difficult using these avenues

20. Jerseyboyisback

Very true!! 6 is hard and so is 3 and 5 when needed, esp together!