Jim Leonhard?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeDevito, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Well, "everyone" is certainly NOT making him out to be a stud - that's part of the problem...

I see him listed as a dud just as much.... he's not a terrific pass rusher like we need.

I think there's a few OLB candidates in the 2nd round that can fill that "Decent OLB - not a great pass rusher" role.

2. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

LOL.. And Now Kiper has Barron a LOCK for the top 16

3. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Bengals cut Chris Crocker. He's a SS and he has durability concerns, but I'd target him if Leonhard were to become unavailable.

4. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

If it isn't going out of sale priced Leonhard or trade down/2nd rd Barron, I don't want to hear about it.

Natural FS or bust. Non-coverage players need not apply.

5. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

2nd round Barron and maybe we can pick up Trent Richardson in the 3rd....

Good plan!

Barron can play FS. When Landry goes down or leaves next year he can alos play SS.

But, as of now Jets might have to trade UP of they want Barron at all.

6. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Your opinion is very laughable. I am laughing. Out loud.

7. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

If thats the case I hope we stay away from Barron Period ... And hopefully we trade back

8. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

Actually, I'm seeing Barron as high as #14 to Dallas in some mock drafts. I agree that he's a bit overvalued there, but it is what it is.

9. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

VERY Laughable? Please explain.

Did you laugh at Casserly when he put Barron in the top 7 of the entire draft or Kiper when he said "Top 16 LOCK"? All after I stated my opinion btw.

Please add your opinions on the player and pick... Been doing it for quite a long time and Love the draft talk and love getting opinions out there Pre-Draft.

10. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Overvalued is a funny term though, How in the hell could we tell? Where is his value and where could you get him?

IMO, Safety's Value in general is sky rocketing and here we have an NFL Ready player who played in an NFL style Defense and has little "Project" label like most of these hybrid DE/OLBs we see at this point in the draft...

For 2012 Mark Barron is Plug and Play for the NYJ Defense AND put him in a rotation with Leonard and Landry (while Landry Stays upright) and we have a decent core that will again need more talent next year when Landry either breaks or Walks.

I get a lot of old school observers feel the S position is down the line in importance but, The New Breed TE's change all that.