Jim Leonhard?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeDevito, Apr 4, 2012.

1. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I see. thank you

2. VanderbiltJets

I disagree. I think Safety is the team's biggest need by far. Every S on the roster is either an injury risk or a performance liability.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

They've already made one move on the safety needs. Yeah, they need two, and Landry is a concern healthwise. But having gotten him, OLB is now the top need imo.

The Jets have needed a strong pass rushing linebacker for years now.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

They upgraded at SS but we don't even have a FS on the roster. I'd say that's surely a bigger need than upgrading another position.

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Only because we literally have 0 FSs on the roster. If we bring back JL then pass rusher becomes biggest need again. Eric Smith might be bad but our lack of passrush is what makes our safeties look so bad. Can't expect Smith to cover someone for 5+ seconds.

6. VanderbiltJets

Hence my reply to BB. But even with Leonhard we still need a FS, Jimmy plays the SS.

7. VanderbiltJets

My biggest concern is that OLB can be filled a lot easier in the draft than it can at this point in free agency.

This. We can't bet on Landry to stay healthy, and even if we do, our current starting FS is literally no one. If Leonhard comes cheap (which he should) then he's a great signing at the Jets' most shallow position.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think the Jets are hoping that either Floyd or Barron are available to take at 16 and plan on signing Leonhard or Edwards shortly after the draft depending on which guy they get there.

9. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I dont think we will Look at Barron at 16

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Ideally we wouldn't, but we aren't exactly in an ideal situation. That's just what I think is going to happen, not what I want to happen.

11. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

id rather play WITHOUT a FS......and play a 4-4 upfront......dead serious

12. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Braylon and Leonhard are my top picks...

Sign them each for $1M, but no guaranteed money due to health issues.

Also if we can't get Braylon for teh $1M like the 49ers did, I say why not talk to TO for minimum no guarantees. He has to better for us than Ocho is for the Pats and cheaper.
    I was impressed with his radio interview and hat he would play for minimum and no guarantee of making the team. After a long fall, he is more humble.

13. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

And field 3 CB's at all time I'm with ya man ....

14. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

And field 4 CB's at all time I'm with ya man ....

/sarcasm TE/FB death

15. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Trade down??? Well, yeah,, no one loves The trade Down more than I...

But, it's funny and seems to happen to me every year - I watch a decent amount of college ball and then dig into the draft from December to April - I pick my players that fit and seem to be a bit of a reach in December.. And then BAM, those guys rocket out of reach....

Well, funny, last night seemed to be Mark Barron night on NFL Network..

Casserly rated him as the SEVENTH PLAYER IN THE WHOLE DRAFT!!! They linked Barron to just about everyone WHY"? Because TE's are KILLING teams and Barron has as good a chance as anyone we have around to cover a TE, bang at the Line and run with him!!!!!

Just like I've been saying, this guy is basically plug and play and can play FS....

Landy is an injury waiting to happen....

Imo Upshaw and Ingram are the one's overrated and they can find a pass rusher later...

Originally I was with you and I wanted a Trade Down to Get Barron and maybe an Andre Branch which seemed like a reality 2 months ago - But, if you listen to the Draftniks, those players are now up the board and a trade down would be tough...
    Especially knowing how the Jets Trade UP for their guys - If the Jets feel like I do about Barron and the S spot they porbably trade UP for him and not back.

I guess if Dallas passes on him you can try and trade back a little but, I won't waiver at this point BARRON IS MY GUY!!!!! And I certainly wouldn't trade down past the Pats who IMO will jump at this guy.

Guy played in an NFL style Defense -He's Football Smart, he plays both FS and SS and can learn from IMO Jim Leanard And Landry...
    I just don'tsee Landry lasting the season and without Landry we got really little left at safety at all.....

16. SKIBA-JONES

SKIBA-JONES New Member

If we do get Baron, dont you think that laundry would be more of a blitzing type safety. on third down situations. our pass rush is awful wich means were still going to be blitzing our secondary ALOT. whos better in pass coverage and who has the better range. as of right now all our safetys r run stopping safetys

17. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Mark Barron to me feels like the D'Brickashaw pick...

Flashy? - No

Need? - HELL YEAH!!!!!!

But, the guy is a SOLID football player and a SOLID individual who is ready to step in..

Will he make 10 Pro Bowls? .. Casserly thinks so.

Again, same was said of Brick.....

IMO, the timing is just right for Barron to learn from 2 real good players - MUST also bring Leonard back.....

Next year we will still need a Safety!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Landry is most likely gone, Leonard is on his last legs....

MARK BARRON PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

I think IF HEALTHY Landy can play physical with the TEs and run a bit and Barron can do the same.....

yeah, it could be fun to have 2 atheltic Safetys (While Landry is still healthy) who can also blitz.....

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

That's why I said

"If they don't go OLB in the first day draft, I will be apoplectic. "

20. SKIBA-JONES

SKIBA-JONES New Member

Is Upshaw a stud that everyone makes him out to be. I dont know if his speed is there to set the edge.