Preseason Schedule Announced

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Apr 4, 2012.

1. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Don't bet on it.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

shit i was hoping the giants would be the 3rd game on the saturday night,so i could have it be part of my sons birthday weekend.

3. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I'll take the bet. What odds?

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Give an opinion or you'll find your stay on this site quite short

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

You are the delusional one. Fucking Tim Tebowmania, right?

Wrong. He’s our BACKUP Qb. With some wildcat plays. Thats it. He’s not the one playing 3 quarters and Rex will not give into the media and fans because its fucking retarded for the team. You give your STARTER 3 quarters during the 3rd preseason game. He’s not going to go against that because the fans and media might buy into some Tebow vs. Cam bullshit.

If he does give in, he doesnt deserve to be the coach.

Like he said, March 2012 join dates will always be tainted.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Wow..holy shit..are people really fighting about who will be playing in pre-season games? Really?

I'll get in this fight..I predict McElroy will play in game 3.

7. whichfan

whichfan New Member

I already did. And I also don't respond well to threats.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

[​IMG]

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

lmao....what the fuck?

10. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Tebow vs Newton...sweet!

11. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Hahah you don't respond well to threats?

What are you going to do, throw a temper tantrum before you're banned?

Anyone who doesn't think Mark Sanchez is starting for the preseason games is delusional imo.

12. whichfan

whichfan New Member

No, I'm just not going to care. And banned on what grounds? If this place bans people for no reason there's plenty of other Jets forum one can go to. No big deal.

13. whichfan

whichfan New Member

So much hate. lol. This goes along the lines of "You don't give a back-up QB his own press conference." Well, they just did.

And Tim's the wildcat quarterback. He's guaranteed playing time, which means he needs to be brought up to speed with the NY Jets receivers in a game-like atmosphere and they're going to be practicing transitioning from one quarterback to another, because he will also be playing game 1. That's no longer in question. They need to prepare Tim just as much as Mark Sanchez, because Tim could be in there for 5 snaps or 35 snaps or the rest of the regular season. No one knows.

In addition, it's Cam Newton versus Tim Tebow and you are crazy if you think that won't play a part in a meanginless pre-season game. Take the quarterbacks out of the equation and this game would never make prime time.

Also stop making up meaningless "rules" for Rex Ryan when it's so obvious this entire franchise or the coach could care less about whatever "rules" you or the media or tradition perceives there to be about football or the NFL. There's no rule you give your starter 3 quarters in the 3rd preseason game. Heck he might not give his starter 3 quarters in a regular season game. Nobody knows. I bet you they don't even know right now. They're going to do whatever plan they have implemented going into this season, adjusted based on training camp, and whatever that turns out to be, Tim Tebow, will very likely be a big part of it.

#33 whichfan, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  14. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Wait... Last time we were on Hard Knocks we versed Philly and Carolina in the preseason correct?

That's a sign......

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

All I think about when I look at this schedule is how much it will cost me. $1000 ($500 per game) plus parking to see college players play against other college players in meaningless games in a stadium that is 8% occupied.

16. Barry the Baptist

You give the appearance of a Troll, if you wanna talk Jets football please feel free to do so. I have no interest in turning this thread into a pissing match between the Tebow jock riders and Jet fans. This was and still is a Jets forum, not a Tebow forum. In nearly every post of yours I read it's all Tebow, that tells me your intention. Hey I'm rooting for the guy, he's on my team but the last thing I want is a QB controversy. I like Sanchez and think he's our QB. I could not care one bit about Newton being Tebow's backup at Florida, afterall Tebow was Leak's backup and where the hell is Chris Leak? Of course you lost any ounce of credibility on the subject when you stated that Newton transfered because he was never going to see the field with Tebow on the team. Newton transfered out because of the lap top stealing incident and furthermore if Meyer had Tebow and Newton on the roster he wouldn't have been stuck when Tebow missed games his senior season.

17. packersfan

packersfan New Member

Whichfan let me give you some advice. When you come on a new site and are not even a Jets fan show some respect, it will make your stay more pleasant.

Anybody that knows football knows that the regular season starter will play most of the third preseason game. Why are you even arguing this?

18. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Because anybody that knows football knows nothing ever stays the same and whatever perceived "unwritten rule" there is about football gets broken by somebody every single season.

And thank you but I don't think I have done or said anything as a new fan on this forum to break rules or received any warnings. I think I've been attacked as a Tebow fan and called various pleasant names, but I didn't come here to pick fights with members. I don't kiss ass and respect is earned and rarely achieved by attacking new members.

19. Barry the Baptist

Here is the thing, we don't need fans that are just fans of Tebow and will jump around and wave their arms just to see their guy play. Most people on this board weren't alive when the Jets played in the SB and we've seen too many guys come and go. We're not the Giants and we're not the Broncos. We don't want bandwagon fans or fans that are only rooting for their guy over the team. Being a Jets fan isn't something you just become, you are born into it or have a high tolerance for torture. A little thing about respect on this board, talk Jets and don't be a pric. If your a troll you won't last long. Trust me, the mods have a short leash for them. We've already banned several of your ilk and won't hesitate to do more if you're perceived as one. I'm a Jets fan first as I was with Favre who was much better then Tebow ever can dream to be and even his fans that came aboard weren't nearly as loud or trollish as the crop of Tebow clowns.

20. whichfan

whichfan New Member

I don't know what your definition of a troll is, but I have supported pretty much every one of my arguments with solid facts and evidence. Personally I feel it is the majority of this fan base honestly that have been trolling Tebow fans just for the fact they are Tebow fans. I've made plenty of intelligent posts on here to start off with, including in-depth analysis only to come to the conclusion that it's pointless. The moment I took the time and explain what it is exactly that makes him successful from an analytical standpoint, the first 20 replies or so was nothing but nonsensical attacks.

It's also quite obvious that it goes one way, where it's openly allowed to troll or attack Tebow fans because they are Tebow fans. Ridiculed and proclaimed as being less knowledgeable football fans because they support Tebow. Which is a bunch of nonsense.

And it's also clearly evident that the majority of this fan base who demand respect from newcomers, who perhaps do want to learn about the Jets, have LITTLE interest in learning about Tim Tebow from those that know a lot more about him as a player, and what makes him successful in the NFL. The majority here regurgitate the same garbage you hear being spouted around by naysayers who clearly got most of their information form the tabloids or from mainstream media. Very little of it is based on sound football knowledge.

Seems like a double standard.