Rex's Plan WILL work

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rex2009, Mar 31, 2012.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I will answer the "catching up to him" myth which is the biggest myth after the "hall of fame level Denver D" myth .

let's look at the highly touted 1-4 record to end the season

The 3 game losing streak, This is a non biased view 100% (the crazed anti tebow post force me 1000% on the tebot side)

First game
    Tebow actually played well against NE in that game, in fact statistically he had one of his best games, threw for around 200 yds and ran for close to 120 yards , scored Tds and there were 3 fumbles in a row that sealed the broncos fate (1 was tebow's) . He did not play bad at all and at one point Denver had a 17 point lead on NE. There was no catching up.

Bills game , everything was fine until mid-late in the 3rd when the bills started scoring on the D, they found themselves down and Tebow played like dog shit in the 4th quarter , worst quarter of his entire life at any level.

Kansas city
    Tebow sucked donkey balls.He had 5 bad quarters in a row (not arguable) .
    But QBs are going to have bad games, he had his best game ever the following week with all the pressure in the world dialed in.

In the Pittsburgh game he set all sorts of records PASSING. Please spare me the Steeler D crap. They had to play 9 in a box or he would have run them over, he had 50 yards and a TD with 9 in a box, so they had to play that way because of him. Also Palomalu was in the game and so was Harrison and they were smoked. Denver was missing more guys than they were including Kuper, Decker, Moreno etc. everyone is hurt that time of year, its only used as an excuse by Tebow haters.

overall the 8-5 record represents what occurred and the reason the other years are important (Denver the worst team in the league previous 31 games) is that the Denver team (while it had its moments with tebow, the defense and the kicker) was not that good before the change.

2. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

The Tebow trade, especially coming after the Jets extended Sanchez and then signed Stanton just the week before, has Woody Johnson's fingerprints all over it. Since the owner pays the bills, if he wants Tebowmania to steal publicity from the Gnats, he gets Tebowmania, and Tannenbaum and Ryan have to scramble to put a lot of lipstick on the piggy.

3. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

I've yet to have ANY so-called 'knowledgeable Jet fan' be able to list:
    Tebow's Bronco Team Records --- (many of them being jealous/unbelieving El' Dim-Way's)
    OR
    His many NFL Records --- (with little help and almost No organizational support)
    ===============

Here ya go 'smart' guy:

Mighty Vince Young's Rookie NFL season: (Career PER is only 74.4 btw, Tebow's is already 75.1)

Passing - YPA 6.2, 12 TD's, 13 Ints, -- PER 66.7 --- Rushing - 83 for 552 yds, 6.7 ypc, 7 TD's

Passing - YPA 6.8 17 TD's to 9 Ints -- PER 75.1 ---- Rushing - 165 for 887 yds, 5.4 ypc, 12 TD's.
    No Talent Tebow
    ===============

Tebow and a 7th --- FOR --- A 4th, a 6th, plus a Bonus 2.5 Million Dollars.
    Denver had already paid Tim his 'earned player performance bonus' of 5 Million Dollars.
    They required the Jets to 'reimburse' them 1/2 of it to make the trade.

The Jags reportedly offered a 3rd PLUS 3 Million Dollars.
    ===============

I have NOT A THING against Mark as the Jets starter, but here are some actual facts/stats for you.

NFL Top Quality QB Mark Sanchez's first 16 NFL Starts:
    Passing - 6.7 YD's/Att,12 TD's to 20 Ints -- PER 63.0 ----- Rushing - 30 for 105 yds, 3.5 ypc, 3 TD's

Passing - 6.8 YD's/Att, 17 TD's to 9 Ints -- PER 75.1 ------ Rushing - 165 for 887 yds, 5.4 ypc, 12 TD's.
    From a no talent glorified FB attempting to play QB.
    ===============

Yet another that fails to address ANY of the many Donkey 'TEAM" problems and weaknesses.
    When they win 9 games with a raw cold off the bench rookie, it's the TEAM and/or the DEFENSE.
    But when they lose 7 games with a raw cold off the bench rookie,
    it's ALL BECAUSE OF THAT CRAPPY 29 TD's to 15 Total Turnovers Tebow.
    ===============

And still,,, NOBODY wants to address the 'First 16 Starts QB Comparisons.'
    (feel free to include both Elway and Peyton in that group)
    ==============

Looks to me like Johnson is most probably a bit 'smarter' than any of you 'know it all' Jet fans. :grin:

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Kyle Orton who is a back up QB went 10 and 5 in 15 game starts as a rookie for the Bears. He sucked and so does Tebow.

5. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

I'm now impressed by that fact based response,,,,

from a guy who is an undoubtable expert on sucking.... :rofl2:

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

With my rag arm I couldn't wouldn't have even been an UDFA. While I certainly sucked at QB, I would have had no issue signing on to suck at various other positions.

7. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

Which SEC QB holds the SEC's All Time Record 170.79 for:

Pass Efficiency Rating?

1. Joe Namath

2. Peyton Manning

3. Eli Manning

4. Jay Cutler

5. Matt Stafford

6. Tim Tebow
    ==============

Of course, what ANY player did in college means NADA,
    but be sure to quickly inform both Luck and RGIII of that fact.... :metal:

8. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

A win is a win....I actually like you though, no hard feelings, I just don't like your team. You do seem like a fair guy though.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Here's a list of the top 10 all time NCAA passing leaders:

1. Timmy Chang, Hawaii: (2000-2004) 17,072 yards
    2. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech (2005-2008)
    3. Ty Detmer, BYU: (1988-91) 15,031
    4. Colt Brennan, Hawaii: (2005-07) 14,193
    5. Case Keenum, Houston: (2007-present) 13,586
    6. Philip Rivers, North Carolina State: (2000-03) 13,484
    7. Colt McCoy, Texas: (2004-2008) 12,253
    8. Kevin Kolb, Houston: (2003-06) 12,964
    9. Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan: (2006-2009) 12,905
    10. Tim Rattay, Louisiana Tech: (1997-99) 12,746

Russell Willson had the highest QB rating ever this past year and will be lucky to get drafted by the third round.

10. NY Dork

NY Dork New Member

Here's a list of the top 10 all time NCAA passing leaders:

1. Timmy Chang, Hawaii: (2000-2004) 17,072 yards
    2. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech (2005-2008)
    3. Ty Detmer, BYU: (1988-91) 15,031
    4. Colt Brennan, Hawaii: (2005-07) 14,193
    5. Case Keenum, Houston: (2007-present) 13,586
    6. Philip Rivers, North Carolina State: (2000-03) 13,484
    7. Colt McCoy, Texas: (2004-2008) 12,253
    8. Kevin Kolb, Houston: (2003-06) 12,964
    9. Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan: (2006-2009) 12,905
    10. Tim Rattay, Louisiana Tech: (1997-99) 12,746

Russell Willson had the highest QB rating ever this past year and will be lucky to get drafted by the third round.

All played in the pansy light weight SEC right?

#110 NY Dork, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The top 3 QB's in the league currently came from Purdue, Michigan, and Cal. Brees, Brady, Rodgers. Not sure what the SEC has to do with anything.

12. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

Interesting, but mostly still irrelevant imo, and here's why.

~ My list of 6 QB's ALL played football in the SEC, so they were going against SEC Quality Defenses.
    ~ NONE of the 10 on your list or R.Wilson played against SEC Defenses, which are the BEST in the Nation.
    ~ Total passing yards won't win you a single football game.
    Peyton has 60,000+ but only 1 SB win, and pass-happy Marino never won a single SB.

Now list for us the Total Career TD's responsible for, of your 11 guys:
    Tebow = 145 TD's (88-P + 57-R).

Now list their Sr Classes total W/L Record:
    Tebow's Class went 48-7 for a new All Time SEC W/L Record.

Batter UP..... :)

13. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It's a pretty good league for getting a good read on stats -- the defenses are so good that you can't really run up a crazy statistical season.

And SEC quarterbacks in the NFL are not too shabby -- Eli Manning (current Super Bowl champ), Peyton Manning, Matt Stafford, Cam Newton, Jay Cutler, Jason Campbell, Matt Flynn (up and comer maybe). Usually a dominant SEC quarterback is a pretty good prospect at least (with some whiffs like JaWalrus).

14. displacedfan

Its a good read but, it is nowhere near NFL level obviously. Interestingly enough, some of the stronger QB's on your list come from the "weaker" or "lesser" SEC schools. Vandy, Ole Miss, Tennessee.

I don't think being in the SEC also has any relevance after being in the NFL for 2 years unless you want to say a player is used to the country watching or used to the media. You can use college stats to speculate what a player can do in year 1, but after than you have to base it on NFL experience.

15. Bannon

Bannon New Member

No doubt, no doubt. It fades in relevance.

At this point, the relevance is only the tendency to be efficient, to be able to get it done. The obvious winning ways. Tebow has the height, arm strength, and all around athleticism (and play-making ability) to be reasonable prospect. He has completed a high percentage in the past. He'll have to continue to evolve his mechanics towards a more quick-fire, anticipatory style.

He probably doesn't have to get great in that area, but closer to average. If he could keep defenses honest with quick slants and more tight window passes, he'd be lethal. And he's displayed a tireless willingness to work on it, and pretty deep reservoir of all around athletic ability to draw from.

16. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

I'm one of those strange guys who thinks that Tebow got screwed up by trying to change his mechanics, and that he would have been better just leaving things alone. :)

17. displacedfan

When did they try to change his mechanics?

It's something that takes a long process, because under pressure you stop thinking and go with what you know. If they tried to do it two months before the season, I could see why it could mess him up. If he started once the season ended or once he was drafted, it shouldn't have too much of an adverse effect since he seems like a hard worker who will do anything to improve

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Batter up. The difference between the SEC and the NFL is miles. The difference between the SEC and the Pac 10 is pubic hair thin. College stats don't even begin to tell the story of a prospects ability to translate at the NFL level.

Comparing Tim Tebow ability to be a great NFL QB to Matt Staford is a joke. They both played in the SEC. Stafford has talent that translates to the NFL. The fact that Tebow played in the SEC doesn't make him an NFL QB. Charlie Ward won a National title he had to go to the NBA, he couldn't play in the NFL.

19. Demosthenes9

They tinkered with his mechanics a bit while he was at Florida, but it wasn't a big overhaul.

After his senior year and before throwing at pro day, "they" did the "overhaul" so to speak, trying to shorten up his motion, changing the starting point (holding the ball higher), that kind of thing.

It kind of reminds me about a golf swing. If you are at the point where you have to think about the mechanics while you are trying to hit the ball, you aren't going to do very well. You've got to reach the point where it's all in muscle memory, where it's "natural" for you.

In many situations last year, I'm willing to bet that Tebow was thinking about his mechanics/footwork while he was trying to pass. You know, counting steps, telling himself where to move his feet, reminding himself to hold the football high and to have a compact release.

All that while he's trying to read the defense (or just figure out what's going on), trying to figure out where his receivers are, trying to avoid the onrushing defenders, yada, yada, yada.

In short, he has to worry/think about all the same things every other young QB goes through on a pass play, and on top of that, focus on his mechanics at the same time.

I'm hoping that with working with Mazzone and with more repetitions this offseason, his passing motion and footwork will become second nature to him, leaving him to focus on the important stuff on the field.

20. Demosthenes9

Ummm, Charlie Ward didn't play in the SEC :)