17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hahahahahaaa...hahahahahaaa......aaaahhhhahahahahaaa.....

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

There was some autographed football or 1/2 off parking so a $250 yellow pass would only be $125 but you had to pay by check or money order I believe.

My seats have actually been cancelled. I got the cancellation email and all. I wanted to remain in the 346/347 area in a low row on the aisle. They told me there was nothing available so I said adios if something changes call me. I noticed some people in the lower rows were regulars and I'd rather sit around people I know each week. I tailgate in lot K so for me Pepsi Corner is the easiest place to sit. I remember the Pepsi corner rocks posts back a couple years ago on here.

I was told at one point I needed to be more open and it's tough to get me what I want. My feeling is after going for 21 years and getting a $20 ticket hike going to the new stadium I shouldn't get anything less than EXACTLY what I want. Sitting in the MetLife corner is too goddamn far of a walk after taking three goddamn escalators up. I also don't want to pay more than $100 a ticket. I always said once I had to pay over $100 a ticket it's time to pack it in.

3. JetsSec337Lot13B

Just to show something. Here's a link to season tickets for sale on stubhub. Some lower level seats are going for below face already. $1,200 for corner end zone seats that the seller had to pay $1,250 for. Also some of these listings are definitely from the Jets. Look at the number of seats and price similarities.

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I congrat U on your courage & convictions. Maybe if more STHers would have done what U did instead of moaning & groaning about the stadium on this site the owners of the stadium would have already taken measures to improve the joint :sad:

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

yeah me and pats hater bought fix in the pepsi corner thinking we where tailgating out there.then we where forced to park in the IZOD and now I'm in the verizon corner

6. 17a_tailgater

7. Section 227. Row 5

The Pepsi Corner Crew rocked for awhile, if only in our Jets Dreams. I envisioned a whole bunch of us getting together over there and getting it on.

As it is though, we're still together in cyberspace and we've all survived the move in our own different ways.

Maybe one of these days we'll revive the Pepsi Corner Crew for a reunion. 17a has to lead the way, as always and in keeping with this thread. Maybe this fall?

ORIGINAL PEPSI CORNER STILL ROCKS.

8. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

227, did you end up renewing your seats?

9. JetsSec337Lot13B

I started to look at PSLs just to see if there were any steals. A lot of them are going for 20% off the original price on craigslist. Also saw some on different message boards. I have no regrets for not buying one.

10. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

There is depreciation on the asset. If you factor in the Contract of the Stadium Life of 30 years and lets just say you have 4 LLEZ PSL cost 2,500 each total 10,000.

Each year the total life should drop $333.33=10000/30

We are 2 years in already coming on 3. Looking at 9333.33 total value. Also maybe some people just dont want them anymore so they are going to offer less.

Honestly I am trying to sell my Section 126 row 20 for 9250-10000. If I dont sell this year I will keep till after the super bowl and hope I get picked for lotto with 8 PSL.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i may be wrong but i think he was saying that they are selling a season worth of tickets for under face... so the psl depreciating wouldnt really matter. so some poor sap is out there paying his psl payment and then losing 250 bucks on the tickets themselves.... smells like jets selling those it really does.

12. Jerseyboyisback

Oh sorry yea i saw those too thought about picking them up but high rows. I honestly do think they are the jets. Because they only have sets of 2 for sale, and i know the jets are selling 2s in psl which is what they only have left.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

btw it should be fun to watch wrestlemania next year... april 7th can be a tricky date in the new jersey area.... seems kind of early to be having 80k in the meadowlands... then again a few years from now when they do it in february it will be even more absurd.

14. championjets69

He said he did :sad:

15. Section 227. Row 5

Thanks for asking. Yes, I renewed, but not before calling and telling them I want an upgrade before I pay my invoice.

They said 3 weeks ago that there would be no upgrades until you paid your invoice, yet the rep on the phone gave it to me without, quite frankly, a whole lot of pressure on my part.

So I don't know where we all stand on this again. The Ticket Office is on the phones telling callers there will be no upgrades until you pay your invoice and they are giving everyone the schpiel that "you will be called according to seniority," yet they gave it to me with a single phone call. Fucking wonderful for everyone else.

We were able to move from Row 3 to Row 2 and a little bit closer to the 50 on the visitor's side. Not much of a move, but a monumental move considering they are telling people they are back to the "seniority list," believe it or not, and then NOT REALLY USING THE FUCKING SENIORITY LIST when answering phone calls.

I am almost ashamed of my last two upgrades, because others with more seniority are probably out there wondering, "WTF is going on here? This isn't what I was told!"

But this is what is happening (STILL). Trust no one up there. Trust none of their policies. Trust nothing the reps tell you. Trust nothing the NY Jets ticket office tells you. Everyone should just remember that and keep calling for upgrades and it will happen despite their lies.

16. championjets69

Did U realize that for U to get to the upgrade somebody else had to drop out who had more seniority then U in the 1st place to obtain those seats you will now be putting your fanny in? :sad:

17. 17a_tailgater

not necessarily.my neighbor got row 4 prime on the 10 visitors side 4 seats last year on aug 19.and he got free parking and no preseason.he is waiting it out again.

18. Jerseyboyisback

Well yea, When you wait out till the preseason games are over and seats are still for sale they they offer season with out preseason.

If they make Upper deck a 500-1000 psl this will not happen and everyone will be locked in and alot of less stress for jets reps and season ticket holders.

You then know you gotta pay or be done no games.

19. 17a_tailgater

I'm sorry it was a week before preseason started.and when i asked the jets why a new comer got free parking and didn't have to take the preseason but a 30 plus sth had to cough it up,i was told it was too late to print preseason fix for him. really ? could do electronic tix?

its all a scam

and btw they could never ever add a pal upstairs.everyone know of the view personally or have heard about it.it would be tarped off like Jax

20. championjets69

So before your neighbor scoff them up some old timer with mucho seniority decided it was no longer worth while trekking to the games & gave them up. If they do not full fill my request to move I will probably NOT renew next season because there will be a flood of tix on the market due to the very poor record the NYJs will end up at the end of this season :sad: