Tim Tebow - Jon Gruden ESPN QB Camp

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Murrell2878, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Where in that post did I say it was for purely football reasons? I said both the GM and the HC signed off on this and have a lot riding on this. You need to check your comprehension skills. This is about perception. My entire argument has been about perception of the franchise. Now if you don't get that, your issue, not mine. On that last point, leave your issues on that other site.

2. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

I have not heard it mentioned before, and not that it isn't actually fairly obvious, but Tebow has big, muscular arms, especially for a QB. I wonder if part of his issues with "throwing a good ball" come from the fact that he is fairly musclebound. Comments???

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

4. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

Nice video, can't wait until next season....

5. Bannon

Bannon New Member

RG3's Gruden camp was on tonight -- watching NCAA finals but recorded it.

6. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Haha, I like the ending...

"I think what you'd be left with is a guy who looks more like a prototypical quarterback, but would still have major issues with throwing accuracy, and he wouldn't be a spectacular runner, either. Congratulations. You've created Mark Sanchez."

7. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Considering there's nothing wrong with his accuracy in the first place all you'll be left with is a guy that's weaker all around, especially in the running game.

It might improve his release speed, in his throwing motion, but that's about it. Tebow's likely never going to get rid of his awkward throwing motion, but it's clearly not a problem with "NFL defenses". Especially if you consider his scrambling ability which buys him a lot more time than a quicker motion would.

Pocket passers have to release it quick. Tebow doesn't. He can avoid the sack and often escapes it. The biggest issue with that and the spread offense is that it completely screws up your receivers route running and timing. So you need receivers that can do more than just run from A to B and that's all they know. You gotta have receivers who can improvise at the second level and beyond and adjust.

#27 whichfan, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  8. catfish

catfish New Member

Tebow still struggles with decisivness. He need receivers to be more open than Denver's were able to get. I am firmly conviced he was being coached to throw it away rather than take any chance at a pick.

Realistically a year or 2 spent as a backup on a less conservative team could be the best thing that ever happened to him, he can work on footwork for the whole season as game prep would theoretically take less time. I think his release time was clocked a .2 second over average, nothing to lose sleep over, and plenty of QB's have "flawed" motions. If he can bump his accuracy in the 10-20 yd range his splits would look pretty normal for a 2nd year guy.

9. KILLER Klown

KILLER Klown New Member

nothing wrong with his accuracy ??? didnt he complete 47% of his passes ?

10. packersfan

packersfan New Member

Where he is indecisive is his reads. He waits until someone gets open to throw, instead of trusting the receiver.

Having said that his receivers sucked for the most part so maybe that played into his lack of trust for them.

11. packersfan

packersfan New Member

I have wondered the same. Time will tell, but it is a real possibility imo.

12. catfish

catfish New Member

completion% alone is a poor measure of accuracy. It can be a function of pass length(a 2 yd pass has a higher chance of being a completion than a 20 yard pass) receiver skill(drop %) as well as QB skill. I wouldn't go so far as to say there is nothing wrong with Tebows accuracy, he definately struggles at passes between 10-20 yards, but his completion % is dragged down by a relatively high % of longer pass attempts(which is why his YPA is comparatively high) as well as a relatively high drop%. Aside from the problems at 10-20 yd passes the rest of his splits match up pretty well with other 2nd year guys(all of whom have more starter experience) So I would argue that he needs to improve his accuracy as much as any 2nd year QB needs to, but it is far from the sky is falling(yet)

#32 catfish, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012