Flacco: 'I think I'm the best' QB in the NFL

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by soxxx, Apr 3, 2012.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This is a mentality, an attitude. This is the same mentality that RR has and he has gone public with it and been crucified for it. Flacco will get ripped for this too.... it's obvious he ain't the best, but he's pretty good.

3. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

The world would be a lot better place if everyone went to work thinking they were the best at their job in the world. I would never criticize him for believing in himself.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

No problem with this.

"I assume everybody thinks they're a top-five quarterback," Flacco said when asked where he thinks he ranks among NFL quarterbacks. "I mean, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'm top five, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'd be very successful at my job if I didn't feel that way. I mean, c'mon? That's not really too tough of a question.

5. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Id much rather hear a guy saying that he plans on eventually being the best, or that he will be the best .

Rather than say that he thinks he is the best, when hes unquestionably not top 5, and I strongly doubt he should even be considered top 10.

Theres probably 11-14 qbs in the nfl that are flat out better than him, and even more than that, that I would prefer to have over him.

I just think it makes him look stupid.

At least when Rex says his stupid shit its to instill confidence in his team and fan base, but when Flacco says stuff like this you KNOW there isnt a single Raven fan out there who actually believes this shit.

I mean imagine if Sanchez came out and said this after getting us to an AFCCG (and losing). We would all just be saying STFU

6. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

^Agreed 100%. You wanna believe you are one of the best, but you don't wanna go out there claiming you ARE the best without having anything to back it up with. He's a middle of the pack QB. You can say you will prove to be the best QB in the NFL, but you can't just simply say you ARE the best QB.

If Brees said this, I wouldn't mind. If Manning said it, I wouldn't mind. If Eli said it, I still wouldn't mind cuz he's got a few rings to back it up with. If Ben or Brady or ARod said it, I still wouldn't mind, not that it matters. Those players have rings to show for, and they have the talent to show for. Flacco had an average to above average year last year. I just mentioned 6 players that are far better than Flacco. Then theres Stafford, Rivers, Romo, Cam Newton, Vick, Schaub. Thats another 6 QBs that I'd take before looking at Flacco. And even after them, theres Cutler, Bradford, Hasselbeck, and Ryan that may all be better than flacco, leaving him possibly at the bottom half of the NFL.

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I think my wiener is 10" long.

8. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

if he said "I believe I can be the best" then that's one thing.

if "you are the best" you don't need to improve anymore. considering how he sucked donkey balls against seattle, jacksonville and a bunch of other teams....he might only be the best QB with a unibrow.

stupid delusional talk. what a clown

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

When it comes to playoff performances i would take our QB over Flacco also ... Flacco is so overrated ...

He's got the mentality but that's something he should of kept to himself

Can't wait to see what his contract looks like

10. Green Hurricane

Man, it's like reading the actual quote is the most difficult thing in the world:

"I mean, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'm top five, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'd be very successful at my job if I didn't feel that way."

He's saying the HE thinks he is the best. He also implies that EVERYONE should approach their job thinking they are the best.

He didn't say that without any possible question or misjudgment I am greater than all of the players in this league. It's a statement of confidence, not a statement of skill. Any person goes into a situation where they think "I can't because I'm not that good" and they've already failed.

11. reverseapachemaster

How did he do in high school? That's what's really important.

12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Personally, I think the world would be a better place if everyone went to work thinking they weren't the best in the world, but wanted to be, and were willing to do what it took to become it.

If Flacco truly thought he was the best he wouldn't need to improve much (if at all), which would of course be disastrous for Baltimore. Of course, it's all moot anyway, since there is no way in hell he actually believes a word of this nonsense.

13. Green Hurricane

I should clarify my statement. When I say people should think they're the best in the world, I mean that's how they should approach the whole process. For instance the best basketball player in the world is the same as the best graphic designer in the sense they consistently put in the work to stay at that position. Every project, big or small, is just another way of proving that and honing their skills. It's all in line with what you said.

14. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

It's about confidence. I'd love to hear Sanchez be a little cocky too

15. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

hahahahahahahahaha haha ha ha ah ha

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Too bad not even his own teammates believe the same.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hard for Sanchez to do the same when your organization constantly tries to screw you over

18. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

People ripped on Eli for saying something to this effect

19. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

^^Sanchez screws himself over by acting like a child. Take control of your huddle Quarterback. Take control of your team Quarterback. JJ DID TIE BUCKLE

Holmes is a pussy (and I hope he depussies himself)

Ground 'N pound!

20. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

flacco says a lot of the wrong things.