Rex's Plan WILL work

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rex2009, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I already did that last week. It is already tiresome reading these Tebow fans who probably did not even know what a football looked like before Tebow came along.

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Nohting about college is needed when making an argument for Tebow being a good addition to the Jets. You can use your own two eyes and just look this from actual NFL games (check out the video below), he is one heck of a football player (for a 4th round its a steal). That is the beginning and end of the argument:

[YOUTUBE]OzdspnasHpw[/YOUTUBE]

#62 CowboysFan, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  3. reverseapachemaster

I can cut up videos of pee wee football games and make those kids look like OMG PROVEN WINNERZ too.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Agreed, very tiring. Glad this is its own section.

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Its the NFL LOL@ your response.

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

But you cant seem to get away from it.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

No what does that have to do with being its own section?

You are jumping to conclusions here. That post doesn't say I want to get away from it does it? I'm glad it has its own section so the normal Jets page isn't watered down.

Don't make assumptions :grin:

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

:) :grin: got it

9. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

As I recalled, didn't we sweep the Bills last season and murdered the Cowboys? I respect the Cowboys but how can the Bills fan have balls enough to still be walking the face of the Earth let alone post on a Jet's forum?

I mean he's a Bills fan....THE BILLS!!! :buffaloblows:

10. NY Dork

NY Dork New Member

How can you not like that 95 yard drive to win the game vs. the Jets last season??? That's part of what created Tebowmania.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

There are few steals in football. 32 teams have tape and qualified football people to evaluate talent all but 2 made any real offer.

A 4th and a 6th in an open market wasn't a steal it was the best offer.

Tebow isn't an unknown from a small school that nobody knows about, he is a known commodity and his value is what it is.

The former GM was fired in large part for over valuing Tebow and the current person running Denver who saw him up close for 2 years couldn't dump him fast enough.

12. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Well, you seem to have a somewhat foggy recall, probably the result of all the toxic waste in Jersey pickling your braincells. You got the sweep of the Bills right, but the Jets were a Stevie Johnson drop of a TD pass away from losing the second game. As for "murdering" the Cowboys, the Jets were an errant Romo pass from losing that one as well.

13. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

And you're probably a genius with a brand new crystal ball too.... :drunk:

My first NFL team, back when Florida had no NFL teams, was the Johnny U / Raymond Berry Colts.

I watched Joe Namath when he played for Bama, and what he did there had absolutely nothing to do
    with why the Jets hired him, right?

My first game in old Florida Field (now known as the SWAMP) was when Steve Spurrier was the
    Heisman winning QB.

What any No Fun League Player did in college means absolutely nothing,,,, and that's why
    they just take turns drawing names out of a hat on draft day.
    (idiots) :rofl2:

But I believe that the things that Tebow did at Denver, especially under the conditions that he did them,
    should at least mean something. Otherwise, why did the Mighty NY Jets bother to trade for him?

And why pray-tell, did 200+ media members show up for the press conference that the Jets setup,
    and had Tim attend? (least significant TT NFL Record)

PS

Tebots, Tebowmaniacs, Teboners, etc are all crazy and are the only problem fans in the NFL. Everone else's
    'SACRED COWS' are to be left out of this stat/fact filled discussion..... :metal:

And I just love the way you all gave your oh-so unbaised and factual assessment of the many limitations
    that were placed on Tim in Denver.

Please feel free to dispute these simple facts (with facts, not just more biased drivel):

Tebow was a better QB in HS than Peyton.
    Tebow was a better QB in College than Peyton.
    Tebow was a better QB in the NFL than Peyton >>> in their first 16 NFL starts.

OR

Tebow 47.3 Pass Comp % -- Elway 47.5 Pass Comp %
    Tebow 17 TD's to 9 Ints ---- Elway 7 TD's to 14 Ints
    Tebow PER 75 -------------- Elway 55 PER
    Most Rushing stat comparisons would just be embarrassing for John.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Jets aren't sold out and have priced PSL's and seats to a corporate customer in a market where the Giants might have a better corporate payoff.

Not every circus is the greatest show on earth but everyone is willing to pay a few bucks to see a really good menagerie especially one that is rumured to have something a bit out of the ordinary.

15. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

One bad game is not indicitive of the whole picture....The Bills picked off Tom Brady 4 times in one game last year, too...Does Tom Brady suck at protecting the football because of one bad game?

Didn't think so either.

#75 FakeSpike13, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  16. rjmac

rjmac Banned

Idk about Rex plan, but I know I'm voting for rob gronk for the Madden 13 cover

17. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

One negative 'biased spin' deserves another imoho, so here you go boys and girls....

The Jets just tried to hire Peyton and would have sold their souls to get him.
    Demonstrates the true 'level of confidence' that they have in ole Toejam Sann.

However, Peyton took a long hard look at the entire Jets organization and then he chose the Denver Donkeys
    as the WAY better deal instead.
    First thing out of PM's mouth was that it was NOT about the $$$$, so what was it about?

~ Peyton must have been afraid to have to compete with 'The Mark' ,,,, right?
    OR
    ~ HoF Peyton, with his VAST KNOWLEDGE and 14 Years of NFL EXPERIENCE,
    must have KNOWN what LOSERS the Jets were and are?
    I mean, not even a Peyton Manning could win a SB using these clowns with their crappy obnoxious fans....

Raw 16 start Tebow got 'dumped' as you call it, for a HoF SB QB,,,, how embarrassing for Tim. :lol:
    However, where would 'The Mark' be if PM had been dumb enough to choose the Jets instead of the Donkeys?

See.... now how does that feel to you? Totally Fair,,,, right? :metal:

(not how I really feel, just making a 'sharp' point for the obtuse of the world)
    ==============

Forget the GM, it was the HBC McD that chose to draft Tebow at 1/25.
    Please feel free to compare 1/25 Tebow to 1/1 S.Bardford, or J.Clausen or Colt McCoy.
    You can even compare Tim to 1/10 B.Gabbert if you'd like.

And wasn't McD the same OC/QB Coach that helped train Tom Brady?
    How long was that 'fired' idiot HBC unemployed, and where is that former HBC right now?
    They've probably drummed that stupid loser right out of the NFL by now, right?
    I mean, only some LOSER IDIOT would hire McD back, after that Tebow fiasco, right?

Or did he get fired from Denver for being scared to start rookie Tebow over loser Orton from the get-go?
    Or was McD really the one that actually made that 2010 starter decision?

Fired-Fox was much smarter than McD though, he chose to start 1-4 Orton over 8-5 Tebow too.
    His stated reason: Orton 'Gives Us The Best Chance To Win' --- Brilliant! :rofl2:
    The Donkeys real mistake was not in drafting Tim in the 1st round,,,
    it was in starting 4-14 LOSER Orton over 9-7 WINNER Tebow.

18. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

The problem was it wasn't just 1 game. It was his last 5, in which the Donkeys lost 4 and only beat a crippled Steelers team in OT. In those 5 games, Tebow's completion % was 40.8, he threw only 3 TDs and 5 INTs. Despite throwing for 300+ yards against Pitt, he averaged less than 180 yards a game over that 5. He didn't complete more than half his passes in any of those games.

Plain and simple, Tebow sucked in his last 5 games, not just in 1 game.

19. Big Blocker

Orton >>>> Timbo

20. Big Blocker

You forgot to add his ypc went down, also.