Hard Knocks 2.0?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrebet Fo' Ever, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He may well get the Jets on Hard Knocks again but he needs to be aware that HBO is not going to let a contrived situation trip up their remaining NFL franchise. They're more likely to look elsewhere and failing to get their first or second choice come back to the Jets.

If even a whiff gets out that the Jets got Tebow to make a play for Hard Knocks HBO will likely turn their back and do something else. It's HBO's show not Woody Johnson's.

2. Professor Frink

Does anyone know if there is a financial compensation for the Jets provided by Hard Knocks and HBO? If so, this could be a ploy to drive interest and raise the Jets' financial demands.

3. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Sign me up, there was nothing better than getting amped for the season than Hard Knocks. Everyone hates us lets keep going. I want my Jets coverage

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Don't argue Hard Knocks hurts the team.

2010 with Hard Knocks: AFC Championshp Game, 5 points from SB.
    2011: without Hard Knocks: 8-8 and a complete chaotic mess.

So I am for it I guess.

5. whichfan

whichfan New Member

I can't believe you would even suggest the Jets would actually even consider trading for a player in order to get on a reality TV show. That's ridiculous.

They already have more reality TV right now than any other team in football. The Jets don't need HBO with Tebow here. When it comes to publicity, they make the rules now. They may have needed HBO before to get attention. Now it would be a case of HBO needing them to still remain relevant as a show during training camp. Whoever covers the Jets during training camp this year, whatever way, that's who's going to get the most viewers.

Heck right now ESPN's First Take is probably the hottest sports show on TV. And that's mainly thanks to Tebow.

#45 whichfan, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

who will holdout this time?

7. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Lol, very true, and remember how everyone was freaking out because they thought it would be such a huge distraction and ruin the season? I don't necessarily care if they do it again or not but either way I don't think it'll have any impact on how the season turns out.

8. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Hard Knocks expressed interest in the Jets last season also before lockout caused it to officially be cancelled. The Jets had the best ratings ever for HBO it makes sense that they would chase the Jets again with our without Tebow

9. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Exactly. If it was the Raiders, I might understand implying something like that, but the Jets get plenty of publicity. Even without Tebow. Even without Hard Knocks.

Hard Knocks needs big market teams. That's why they chose the Jets. It's not the other way around.

10. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

I feel like were already going to be such a media circus that Hard Knocks could in some odd way bring things together.

Its also rediculous to think that Woody is solely masterminding the return of Hard Knocks to the Jets. I'm thinking HBO wants it even more then the Jets. We were already ratings gold. With Tebow were gonna take over the world and everyone will wear our mark........At least we can win at something I guess.

11. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It's my favorite show regardless, but I'd love it to be the Jets again.

12. Bannon

Bannon New Member

The lockout was a hate crime because it deprived me of Hard Knocks.

13. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I believe that Hard Knocks should cover the Jets exclusively in this and all future years. Kind of like I feel the Jets should win the Super Bowl in this and all future years. Yeah boioiyoy.

14. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

We are built for the show!

Getting Tebow should have made us a lock for it, unless Woody says no.

I want the Jets on. We have one thing going for us, we are fastly becoming the most hated team in the NFL, so embrace it and let us be front and center.

Let Brady be asked every week if he watched the show or heard the latest nugget from Jets camp.

15. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Well let's be honest. Not saying you should go for entertainment over winning, but only ONE freaking team wins the Super Bowl every year. There's plenty of great teams each year in the NFL, but only one can win it all.

So considering that for all teams, even the great ones, the chances of losing are much greater than winning it all, it's nice to at least be entertaining.

That doesn't mean winning should ever take a back seat nor do I believe the Jets are doing anything to imply that....but entertainment is an important secondary. So is the financial aspect. So there's nothing wrong with them attacking all angles.

The Jets need something. And the one major positive that comes out of this is you do become a popular spot for FA. Guys who can make money through sponsors will sign with the Jets because they know they will benefit from the media attention and popularity.

16. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

They could make a gag reel with Rex swearing up a storm and then show Tebow with his fingers in his ears.

17. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

This is a post that is actually quite accurate, but a bunch of people are probably going to attack.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

fuck it, go full circus

19. Bannon

Bannon New Member

The NFL is my soap opera. I follow the story as much as anything.

20. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member