Santonio Holmes 'just wants the ball'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Mar 30, 2012.

1. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

Jets lost :rofl:

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree with this take after thinking about it. It's best that he just says nothing, wish others would go that route.

3. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Remember when we made this guy a captain?

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Omar from the Wire is right.

Never had the opportunity to say/type that. It felt great.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Good post.

The simple fact of the matter is the Jets need to better use Holmes. We as fans will all be happier when that happens, if that happens.

So he has an ego. his is not my style, but then I'd probably not be such a great wideout for the Jets, either.

Being a know it all on a Jet fan message board is much more my place and style.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, uh, cornerback is a skill position which means Holmes isn't even the same galaxy of being the best skill player on the team.

Anyway, this guy is a punk and I hope they can get him to play football because I don't want them wasting all that money on a total shithead that quits.

7. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

I know right?? Theres some things bigger in life then football

8. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

This is true, ill agree with you there

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Would help if we had a QB who could throw the ball 5 yards accurately.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

^Yeah, because Sanchez didn't nail Edwards on 40+ yard bombs or anything in 2010. That shit is playcalling, man.

It was obviously Schotty's play calling that pushed him over the edge, although it wasn't the only thing. If you sign a guy like Holmes and give him a big contract, you should feature him in most of your passing plays as primary option. If not, then what's the point? Holmes was putting in good effort most of the year, but at the end he just got sick of it. Can't really blame the guy. It's true that we have the best chance of winning when we throw him the ball. That's the bottom line. Hopefully Sparano will be well aware of this. Schotty was the cancer on this team, not Holmes.

11. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

ok i'll qualify my opinion for those who are defending him so. He's a dick as a teammate......trips to Africa or not.

Any self absorbed a-hole who celebrates every first down with the "hey look at me" shit, and flaps the wings against the Eagles after being responsible for 2 turnover and the team down 28 or whatever it was is a selfish ass. Not to mention quitting on the field when things don't go his way. By the way that Eagle game is all the evidence you need to see to show whether it's really winning he cares about, or his own personal achievements.

The only defense he has in this article is that none of these quotes came directly from him. Wow he wants the ball, how magnanomous of him....every receiver in the league says the same thing...except they seem to mange to do it without pissing on their qb & teammates in the process.

12. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

You always want the ball!

[youtube]Rplwk3p85jg[/youtube]

13. Massena

Massena New Member

Well, if he plays well, all of us will forget all about it, till he doesn't. So it goes.

14. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

I agree 100%... Also the most talented players on the team are prob on defense. The most important offense players besides the oline are S. Greene, and Sanchez. The most athletic Jet is prob Mcknight/Kerley and I think Kerley has the ability to be a game changer.... Tone needs to tone it down and let his play do the talking...

#54 azhar80, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  15. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Also who needs the Tebow circus when we have clowns like Tone and his ppl...

16. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

The best part about Holmes is how much of a physical pussy he is. I swear to God when I watched him play with the Steelers the year before the Jets picked him up he was a beast. His first season with the Jets was decent. His last two seasons have been unbearable. I watch him get thrown around at the line of scrimage, he doesnt block, he gets tackled on first contact, he drops the ball, he fumbles the ball, he bitches, he moans, he complains and then he quits. It's Tone time baby!

His one, one redeeming quality is his highlight endzone grab that he will make 4-7x a year. He=straight garbage in production. No 100 games, no 10 catch games, no blocking, no tough yards. Santonio Holmes AKA the garbage man.

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

uuummmuhhhhhh

18. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

:grin: ... experts, man

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

If I was a wide receiver in the NFL, why wouldn't I want the ball, I am sure you guys would too. He wants to make big plays people interpret things wrong sometimes. I would want to make plays, I would want to help the team. The Jets have got to get somebody on the other side to take all the concentration off of him then he can be the playmaker he really is. Everybody is overreacting.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Well the majority of the Jet fan-base wanted this guy over Braylon

This is what we got - his #s speak volume about the disappointing season though