17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Good observation.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i think tebowmania will help them short term, although i dont think they realized that the tebowites or whatever they are called are not your typical new yorkers... and i think it will be less of an affect on selling tickets than it will on getting prime time games and jersey sales (which we have to share with everyone anyway)

i know i have heard a few guys who are pissed enough about the tebow thing that it seems like its the final straw. to a point i dont blame them, i was that way with the rangers and eric lindros.

these are strange times in jetland... and may well end up in a very very ugly way over the next few years... i mean shit what kind of circus move are they going to pull next? bring joe montana out of retirement?

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

when is the deadline for sth who didnt request the payment plan

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

All I can think of is that article announcing the stadium design award that we all laughed about and commented on last month. Can they rescind the honor? :grin:

It only covers the ramps? Who takes those ramps anyway? I tried them the very first preseason game in 2010 and couldn't believe who long it took. Stretched end to end those ramps would take you to Route 46 (North) or TPK exit 15 W (South)

Gotta love the "start of the art" billion-dollar stadium needing fabric tarps - like band-aids. It only proves our point.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Nah the exodus will come in earnest after this years losing season is over. Next season will be terrific for upgrading after another losing season (no SBs) & most likely a losing record.in 2012. Right now the homers or hopers still think last year was just a super small blip on the radar screen & that we will be contenders this year. All I can say to those people is look out since this year will be way worse then last season was :sad:

6. championjets69

The stadium cost so much money ONLY because of the construction unions in the NY/NJ area. In Texas the stadium would cost 1/2 half of what it costs in NYC. As a comparison the Boys digs cost less then a billion & has a moveable dome :sad:

7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Gotta agree with Champ on this one, though I'm not ready to predict a losing season, but probably a non-playoff season. We'll see. this year's draft is huge.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Got my upgrade

Well, Champ, I know you've been asking me what I'm going to do, so here it is.

I called just now and got moved from Row 3 to Row 2 and a little closer (maybe only 5 yards or so) to the 50. I was sweating it out because the guy on the phone was looking everywhere in Prime and came up with nothing.

Then he "checked with his supervisor" and said they had a hold on 4 in Row 2 so I grabbed them. It's not a huge upgrade but it is an upgrade and with me, it is now the principle of the thing with these people. I feel like we've all been fucked around so much that I just wanted to do it or I was going to walk... that simple.

How did I do it? I was very direct with him. Told him flat out that in the past, I feel like I've been "taken" a little bit by the Front Office, that there was a level of distrust (certainly not for YOU... meaning this rep), but for the ticket office in general. So I told him I am reluctant to pay my bill upfront without knowing if I will get the upgrade or not.

Push came to shove and he said he didn't have anything, so I said, "Well, it looks like I either pay it or not pay it if you have nothing." So he takes one more look and lo and behold, up comes the 4 in Row 2 a little closer to the 50.

Done deal now. Gave him my CC. I am not done with these people though, next year I'm pushing for Row 1's. He told me the only way he was able to help is because of my seniority ('85). I just think it was because I held out to 48 hours from deadline. I am 4 off the aisle too, where I was in the middle before, so this is a little better for me.

9. Section 227. Row 5

The Tebow Factor

Something else interesting...

When the rep was all done he says to me, "So what do you think of the Tebow Trade? Now look, I know these guys well enough to know they don't et paid to sit on the phone and bullshit about football operations or players trades or draft picks or whatever. So I found it EXTREMELY CURIOUS that this guy, who is probably on commission, wants to know my opinion about Tebow.

I THINK THIS IS A MANDATE FOR THEM TO ASK, so that they can determine the level of impact this trade has on their ticket sales. I am thinking (and could be wrong of course), but I am thinking they have a sheet in front of them and are required to put down what impact the Tebow fiasco has on their ability to sell or uprade or whatever. I told him time will tell, but if the kid can develope a better passing accuracy, he might wind up outplaying Sanchez, so I'm sure he marked it down in the PLUS column as maybe something tht influenced my decision to stay. Just speculating of course, but when have the sales reps ever stayed on the phone with any of us bullshitting about trades or draft picks or whatever?

10. championjets69

After this season non SB winning there will be a huge exodus from the UD for the 2013 season so you should be able to get FR seats with no problem.

As long as U feel satisfied terrific

:sad:

11. Section 227. Row 5

You could be right with your predictions but as they say, we won't know anything until we take the field.

Who knows what can happen? Maybe Tebow improves his accuracy this offseason and starts looking like more of a real NFL pocket-passer and maybe Sanchez goes down and Tebow comes in in Game 3 and all of a sudden, you've got a Drew Bledsoe-Tom Brady thing on your hands!

Not saying this is likely, but I am sure Tebow has to be aware of the over-the-top accuracy criticisms adn is probably diligently working on that right now as we speak.

My QB position is and has been, I was never completely satisfied with the Sanchez thing right from the very beginning. Yes, he has taken us to POs but the rest of the team was what got us there primarily, defense busting their ass and some pretty talented guys on offense.

So if something crazy happens with the Tebow situation and he goes in, don't be surprised if he starts to win games. He's got the size I've always been looking for in a QB (I loved Vinnie) and no one can argue he is hands down more athletic than Sanchez is. All he needs to do is prove he's a legit QB and not a gadget player. And this is why Tanny grabbed this guy, in the hopes that will happen. All the talk about "Sanchez is our starting QB" will go out the fucking window the day Tebow can prove he's a good passer, because then he truly beomes a VERY dangerous guy to have under center.

12. Gator

Gator Active Member

Nah....I was just amused by a posters response. Wait a second 227, this is state of the art plastic we're talking about!!

As far as the stadium, there are absolute advantages to this one over the old one. First and foremost, the same jagoffs held the good seats for 30 years and only had to pay a few dollars more than people in the worst seats. So when they bailed, tickets became available to anyone that wanted to swoop in.

All the other stuff that's good, not worth even saying anymore because this thread changed from it's original intentions and a positive post just pisses people off. It started out as "talk about your new stadium experiences". It has now changed to mostly upper deckers complaining. Therefore it's pointless for me to post how I get in and out quick, empty bathrooms near my seats, better food for those times you need it, etc etc.

Carry on.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahahaa... always a pleasure reading your positive spin on the new mausoleum.

14. championjets69

Wow you left out a lot of moving pieces that are true concerns so I will recap them for U

OL.....
    PR.....
    RB.....
    LB.....
    Safety.....
    Game Breaker WR
    TE similar to Gonk

IMHO that is just way to many holes to fill in 1 off season & on top of it it appears Woody mantra was to cheap it out

:sad:

15. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Im pissed as you all should be! Gaints win a superbowl and tickets did not raise in price. My dad has lower level section 146 and seats are 1200 after a superbowl. Jets are 1250 and what we went to championship game. Sick of this cheap organization!

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

Not trying to be nosey but did you get a sign-up bonus? Congrats on the upgrade.

17. Section 227. Row 5

In all that excitement I had to ask myself, did I fire 6 shots or 5?

No....no... I meant, I meant, in all that excitement, I forgot to ask about the signup bonus. Am I entitled? I paid by CC. What was the deal with that again? Somebody's autograph or a discount on parking or something, right? Thanks for reminding me. I may have to call back Monday.

As far as the upgrade, fellas, you can do it! So much for the "we have to wait for May" bullshit. Once again, not completely truthful I'm afraid. Call one day and it's "Not until May and then we'll be calling by seniority." It all sounds so very organized (again).

But is it really? Well he gave me the upgrade on the spot yesterday "after checking with his supervisor." So what's that all about? What's with telling me all that nonsense the other day? And now I'm wondering if maybe they'll forget that I even already got an upgrade this year and maybe I'll get the same phone call everyone else is going to get (by seniority supposedly) giving you the one-time opportunity to search the seating charts for an upgrade.

Fellas, DO NOT CAVE with these people. I am sensing the UD is clearing out now faster than a theater on fire. They've got to put asses in these seats and it's a losing battle. The whole world knows they put thousands of seats on the market last summer offering discounts and even no Preseasons, so now it's the boy who cried wolf once too often. Nobody's buying their bullshit anymore.

Call the rep who sent you the email the other day and tell him frankly that you have reason to distrust the ticket office in the past and you want an upgrade NOW before you pay your bill.

18. Section 227. Row 5

I'm afraid that the likelyhood of future Jets PSL price increases far outweighs the likelyhood of future Giants PSL price increases, and I don't see that likelyhood changing anytime within the next decade.

The Giants were able to plaster a $5,000 PSL on all Upper Deck Prime seats and a $1,000 PSL on the rest of the entire UD... and they got away with it very successfully!

The Jets, on the other hand, do not have the guaranteed revenue that comes the luxury of locking your entire UD into a PSL and therefore locking them all into paying their bill every year, year after year.

Woody is losing seats (and revenue) in the UD faster than ever now (for a variety of reasons and not all of them are even football related) and the only forseeable way to make that up is to dump the burden on the poor unfortunate suckers who gave him the only PSLs he was able to sell, the 1st and 2nd levels.

So, it's totally understandable and even quite predictable that Woody will do as he's always done to keep at least some semblance of his embarrassing revenue trickle coming in.... hammer away at the better seats. What the hell, you've already got them by the balls with the PSLs, now all you need to do is squeeze a little bit each year. They'll pay too. Not because they particularly want to, but because they Fuckin'-A Well have to.

The UD defections are not going to stop anytime soon. And if Champs dire predictions are correct, it'll get even worse up there than it is right now. We go 8-8 this year and then bring in Tebow and just look at all the other crap we still need to address. So he may be right about possibly more 8-8s or even worse.

If that happens, you not only have severely reduced cash flow, you probably have NEGATIVE cash flow at least in the upper wastelands. There's only one place to turn, over and over again, year after year, to try to make up those losses.

So yeah, Giants PSL people are probably in pretty good shape as far as off-the-charts future ticket price increases are concerned, but definitely not so with Jets PSL seats. But then again, this was all so predictable (especially given Woody's past 10% per year, doubling after 7.5 year historical propensity for increasing prices) and something we've all been talking about and predicting for several years now.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

^^ It will even get worse as the amount of money he is spending each game to avoid blackouts continues to go up.

20. championjets69

Where have you been on Mars since 01/13/69? You are aware that since that date the NYJs have NOTHING like NOTHING :sad: