17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Use them to torch your fucking BBQ.

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

Got the email. If anything this makes me even more confident in holding out for an upgrade.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I'd say the real problem at hand isn't the view, it's the struggle getting to your seats, and then getting back to your car. Unless it's raining, then the struggle becomes staying dry in the concourse or on the escalators.

Of course there's also the struggle to pee in a timely manor, struggle to return to your seats without someone bumping into you, spilling your beer, the struggle to find a good beer at a good price, struggle NOT to slip on puke on the stairs...

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i noticed sunday driving by MetLife Stadium there is now a white tarp from right underneath the MetLife sign in the Endzone facing the turnpike covering down to ramps between sections say 323 to 330.but stops when u get to the corners where the escalators are.

so they protected the narrowest concourse from the elements where there is only 1 Mens room. i have never walked this area without it being congested anyway because of the ramps there.

very very stupid. and i didnt see anything protecting the sideline 300 concourse.maybe they are still working on that.

5. 17a_tailgater

6. 17a_tailgater

lookey here
    http://www.prlog.org/11813439-birdair-inc-adds-ptfe-canopies-to-metlife-stadium.html

Birdair, Inc., the leading specialty contractor of lightweight long-span roofing systems and tensile structures of all sizes throughout the world, has completed the tensile membrane canopies for the upper deck concourse area of MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

A world-renowned specialty roofing subcontractor, Birdair was awarded the design-build contract for two 9,000 square-foot custom tensile structures located on the North and South upper decks of the stadium. Each custom structure features a steel cable system and PTFE, a Teflon®-coated woven fiberglass membrane.

“In addition to providing design-build services for the tensile canopies, Birdair worked extensively with the project team for a solution to modify the existing steel structure to accept the additional loads, which the upper deck tensile canopies put on the building,” says Jeff Sellers, Director of Preconstruction Services. “The cable structure and fabric roofing system will provide MetLife Stadium an iconic and signature accent as well as provide shade and protection from the elements for the stadium’s patrons and vendors during sporting and entertainment events.”

The PTFE fiberglass membrane complies with MetLife Stadium’s agreement with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to utilize environmentally friendly materials and practices in the construction and operation of the facility. The material is ENERGY STAR and Cool Roof Rating Council certified.

The fabric boasts a long lifecycle and requires minimal maintenance, due to its inherently high resistance to dirt and pollution. In addition, PTFE fiberglass provides the ability to uplight fabric and is immune to UV rays, waterproof, and flame resistant.

MetLife Stadium, home to the New York Football Giants and the New York Jets, is the only active venue to serve as the home stadium for two National Football League (NFL) teams. Opened in 2010, the 2.1 million square foot stadium was designed by architects Ewing Cole and 360 Architecture, and has the largest seating capacity in the NFL (82,500). The facility has been selected to host Super Bowl XLVIII in February 2014.

The project began in September 2011 and was completed in January 2012. In addition to Birdair, the project team consisted of owner New Meadowlands Stadium Company, East Rutherford, New Jersey, engineer Thornton Tomasetti, New York, New York and developer Hammes Company, Brookfield, WI.

To date, Birdair has completed work on over 85 sports facilities globally, incorporating tensile architecture into a variety of single-sport and multi-purpose stadiums and arenas. Birdair combines breakthrough technologies with unparalleled experience to create structures that meet both facility and patron requirements. Learn more at www.birdair.com

7. 17a_tailgater

look how much they covered ha ha ha ha
    [​IMG]

8. Section 227. Row 5

And they make a BFD out of it.

The larger question is, who TF signed off on this POS, that it requires all this additional crap? I mean, seriously... nobody figured it's windy in the Meadowlands?

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227,,,,,,I usually agree with you but those tarps are made out of state of the art plastic,,,,,,,,,,,unreal that they have to put tarps around a brand new freaking stadium ,,,,,,this stuff cannot be made up,,,simply amazing

10. Section 227. Row 5

Somebody needs to be held accountable. You don't spend this kind of money (and then bill the users... namely us, for the expense to build the God Damned thing) and then come back within 24 months and tack on additional shit because you didn't figure it out correctly to begin with.

Come on. Outrageous.

And we're supposed to be fucking thrilled about this add-on? Are you fucking kidding me?

11. Gator

Gator Active Member

But it's state of the art plastic!

12. Section 227. Row 5

Now wait a minute!

Aren't you the guy, Gator, who was expounding the monumental advantages of this new mausoleum? How much we needed it? Pounding on the old stadium as being antiquated and obsolete and in dire need of replacement? A real shithole? Now you're mocking this state of the art facility?

If that wasn't you, please correct me. My memory is so clouded lately with all this Tim Tebow excitement, I can hardly think logically anymore. And then there's the invoice is due and what the hell am I going to do? Do I stay in my Row 3s or give it the FU and cherry pick? This is serious shit.

13. JetsSec337Lot13B

14. JetsSec337Lot13B

My thoughts:

1. I feel more confident now than ever about holding out for better seats. Based on what I'm hearing and past observations (I could be wrong) I'd bet there are AT LEAST 15,000 unsold upper deck seats. Maybe there are some with brokers.

2. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Jets do with upper deck ticket prices what they did with PSLs a few years ago and slash prices a few months before the first game. Remember the end zones and mezzanine B went from $4,000 to $2,500? I don't know if the Jets will actually do it but if they dropped the prices in the upper deck $20 per ticket per game across the board more people would likely renew.

3. The emails we are getting show the Jets are desperate. As a kid I remember my dad and I would make sure to get the money out ASAP to the Jets in fear of losing our tickets. Back then there was not as much email but you got your invoice for the tickets and that was it. No reminders, coupon offers, etc. The upper deck is 1/3 of the stadium's seating. This could make Woody a little uneasy.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Down To The Wire Now

I just received an email reminding me that I have until Sunday to pay up.

So I put in a call to the rep that sent me the email. When he calls back, I am going to give it one more push to get an upgrade BEFORE I renew. This probably won't work now with all the Tebowmania, but I'm going to give it a try. Maybe they will do something.

16. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Nice...and a big article with technical words to say, "we put up some curtains". I wonder if you pull one end if they'll roll up...?

17. Section 227. Row 5

Those things are really going to help that upper deck immensely. They cover at least 6% of the stadium up there. Yeah, we should get excited about this.

18. JetsSec337Lot13B

My seats have officially been released. They cannot accommodate the request I want and I've received a confirmation or cancellation email.

19. Section 227. Row 5

I may be right behind you, buddy. This jerkoff has not called me back yet and probably won't. If I give up my Row 3s they will probably have no trouble filling them instantly. I do know that. Somebody will be in them within 24 hours.

I just don't know if I can do this anymore. i loved my old Mezz seats but have not since had the same feeling in this new stadium, even in Row 3, UD. The parking, the hassle, the mandatory Preseason Game purchase, the expense for seats that are basically close to the last row in the old stadium.

$5,000 per year for 4 of them. And I know damed well I can purchase a few here and there that I really want to see for a grand per game (4 tix) or less. WTF am I doing?

Give me that rep on the phone before Sunday. It's Show Time.

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

They told me they will contact me if they can upgrade me and said hopefully they can get me back in before the season starts. Who knows. For me it's different though I haven't missed a home game since 1999 and have always sat in my season tickets. I enjoy having a routine knowing where I'm sitting. No disrespect to anyone on this board but I always get annoyed by the people with their printout stubhub tixx trying to find their seats each week. If I don't get season tickets I probably won't come back period. Either will tailgate in the lot and watch on tv or just stay home. I don't want to look for tickets every week and I don't want to be the guy that shows up a couple times a year.

I'm not an expert on this but there aren't people lining up for season tickets. Remember your paying $5k for those seats. There aren't load of people flocking to plunk that down.

I also think if anything Tebowmania has made it worse. Season ticketholders feel like we are a joke. The people who are pumped up will go on stubhub and go to a game or two. They won't go 10 times a year.